This 'long-lasting' kitchen staple is a cult favourite among ALDI shoppers!

Here at the SDC, we're all about saving time and money however we can – and that includes making our grocery budgets go further.

That's why we were so pleased to come across this recent Facebook post from a shopper in an ALDI Fans group, who revealed how impressed she was with a bulk-buy wrap she had purchased from the popular budget grocery chain.

Goliath XXL Cling Wrap is a whopping 600 metres long, and customers are saying it literally lasts for years – even up to 12 years, according to some reports! That's amazing value for money.

The Goliath XXL BPA-free Cling Wrap quickly sells out due to high demand (no surprise there!).

It's set to be back on ALDI shelves this Wednesday, 26th October, so members, you'll definitely want to keep an eye out for it. Trust us – this is one bargain you won't want to miss!

Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 10.57.11 AM.png
ALDI shoppers love this 'amazing' kitchen item that lasts for years. Credit: Getty Images. (Stock photo)

One woman who was lucky enough to snag a roll during its initial release took to an ALDI Fans Facebook group recently with a photo of her nearly finished product along with the caption: 'Finally finished a really great buy, that's for real.'

She even included the date she started using it (July 2019) at the top of the packet as proof of its longevity! How good is that?

Other users were equally impressed and had similar stories about how long their own Goliath XXL cling wraps lasted them.

One said theirs lasted 12 years, while another said they'd been using theirs for nearly 5 years with no sign of running out any time soon! 'Mine's been going for 7 years... still going strong,' a third user commented.

Someone in the post even joked: 'I will be dead by the time ours runs out.' Judging by the many positive reviews left by fellow ALDI customers, it seems like this product really does live up to the hype!

Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 10.57.03 AM.png
A customer said they bought Goliath cling wrap in 2007 and only ran out of it in 2019. Credit: Facebook.

If those testimonials aren't convincing enough for you, Australian consumer advocacy group CHOICE gave ALDI's Goliath cling wrap a massive thumbs up in 2018 and gave it a 78% rating.

The product received high marks for its sealing performance and microwave reheat test results, and it was praised for its easy-to-use cutting action that eliminates the need for pulling or tearing.

So if you're looking for ways to save on your groceries budget or just need some cling wrap that will actually last more than just a few uses, make sure you head down to your local ALDI store this week and grab yourself a roll (or two!) of the Goliath Cling Wrap before they all sell out again!

Do you have any other ALDI must-haves that you'd like to recommend? Feel free to drop them in the comments for everyone to see!

Sponsored
I buy the large 150m gladwrap roll with the same cutter, it last me around 6 months, so 600m should last me 2 years.
I don't expect the box it's in will last that long and it is going to be very very bulky as the 150m is bulky
Storing food I now use glass containers with lids

Last edited:
Here at the SDC, we're all about saving time and money however we can – and that includes making our grocery budgets go further.

That's why we were so pleased to come across this recent Facebook post from a shopper in an ALDI Fans group, who revealed how impressed she was with a bulk-buy wrap she had purchased from the popular budget grocery chain.

Goliath XXL Cling Wrap is a whopping 600 metres long, and customers are saying it literally lasts for years – even up to 12 years, according to some reports! That's amazing value for money.

The Goliath XXL BPA-free Cling Wrap quickly sells out due to high demand (no surprise there!).

It's set to be back on ALDI shelves this Wednesday, 26th October, so members, you'll definitely want to keep an eye out for it. Trust us – this is one bargain you won't want to miss!

View attachment 7660
ALDI shoppers love this 'amazing' kitchen item that lasts for years. Credit: Getty Images. (Stock photo)

One woman who was lucky enough to snag a roll during its initial release took to an ALDI Fans Facebook group recently with a photo of her nearly finished product along with the caption: 'Finally finished a really great buy, that's for real.'

She even included the date she started using it (July 2019) at the top of the packet as proof of its longevity! How good is that?

Other users were equally impressed and had similar stories about how long their own Goliath XXL cling wraps lasted them.

One said theirs lasted 12 years, while another said they'd been using theirs for nearly 5 years with no sign of running out any time soon! 'Mine's been going for 7 years... still going strong,' a third user commented.

Someone in the post even joked: 'I will be dead by the time ours runs out.' Judging by the many positive reviews left by fellow ALDI customers, it seems like this product really does live up to the hype!

View attachment 7661
A customer said they bought Goliath cling wrap in 2007 and only ran out of it in 2019. Credit: Facebook.

If those testimonials aren't convincing enough for you, Australian consumer advocacy group CHOICE gave ALDI's Goliath cling wrap a massive thumbs up in 2018 and gave it a 78% rating.

The product received high marks for its sealing performance and microwave reheat test results, and it was praised for its easy-to-use cutting action that eliminates the need for pulling or tearing.

So if you're looking for ways to save on your groceries budget or just need some cling wrap that will actually last more than just a few uses, make sure you head down to your local ALDI store this week and grab yourself a roll (or two!) of the Goliath Cling Wrap before they all sell out again!

Do you have any other ALDI must-haves that you'd like to recommend? Feel free to drop them in the comments for everyone to see!
Great but aren’t we all trying to cut back on plastics .. or is this a recycled product .. I use little cling wrap these days . Instead use wax covers and reusable containers .. I think this is a better idea than a roll of waste that will not decompose for years .!!

I have huge rolls of cling film, foil and baking paper. I must have had them for more than 10 years as I can definitely remember packing them for the move from WA. They show no signs of running out anytime soon so it's as well those companies don't rely on me for their profit!!:D

View attachment 7660

View attachment 7661

Yes it lasts for a very long time…. In fact, depending on the quality of cling wrap, it takes between 10 and hundreds of years to decompose! DONT BUY IT!

Reactions: Ricci

View attachment 7660

View attachment 7661

My wife and I don't appear to be part of this cling film love in.🤔

Just looked in the pantry cupboard and seen we bought a 60m pack of cling film a few months ago that we still haven't opened. Obviously we didn't seem to have needed it that much.

We have also got 60m packs

View attachment 7660

View attachment 7661

View attachment 7660

View attachment 7661

My wife and I don't appear to be part of this cling film love in.🤔

Just looked in the pantry cupboard and seen we bought a 60m pack of this cling film a few months ago that we still haven't opened. Obviously we didn't seem to have needed it that much.

We have also got 60m packs of foil and baking paper, which we use more of, bought from Aldi and Woolies.

Reactions: Ricci
I never use cling wrap.
I use glass food safe containers, or I cover with a plate in the fridge.
I use foil.
Also, I buy the baking paper from the supermarkets that is unbleached & chlorine free.

Reactions: terri and Ricci
I have a huge roll in my pantry. I struggle too much with cling wrap. So, my huge roll has been in my pantry for years. I just can't work with it. I stick with foil.
Aldi also have the large rolls of foil and baking paper. You might like to look into them maybe 🤔

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci
I bought those stretchy things that fit most bowls plates container and they are great I have had them for years now and love them you just wash them out hang them out to dry and ready for the next time

View attachment 7660

View attachment 7661

I have had my large cling wrap for about 4 yrs BUT I also am at the end of my large Alfoil wrap [about 4 yrs too] which I use a lot of for wrapping my Christmas cakes.

View attachment 7660

View attachment 7661

Great , but how much is it?

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci