This little boy's artwork leaves mum with a dilemma – what would you do?

We've all been there, haven't we? Your toddler or young child is given free rein with some pens or crayons, and before you know it, your favourite shirt, the walls, or in this case – bedding – is covered in colourful but permanent masterpieces.

It's many parents' and grandparents' nightmare come true! However, as much as we might want to scold our little ones for their creative endeavours (especially when it means having to spend extra money on replacements), we can't help but marvel at their cuteness and talent. That's why this story is so relatable and endearing.

This was definitely the case for one exhausted mum who turned to social media recently for some much-needed advice.

You see, her youngster had gotten his hands on some of her old calligraphy pens and used them to 'decorate' his bedding – with a very creative (and ambitious) version of the solar system.

And we have to admit, he did a pretty good job! The only problem was that the drawing was done with non-washable markers… meaning it wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. Oops!

Jrkqvp0tFz8wUbX7E2gnzSAETa6ncfDiKAtbsRxNIvrHvFB7uCe-AkXyg9t1sEfz-DP6XlX7lKk2noyXD7ih9xFYT6LrX1WpYPfTjjDGs1Gj3yFZmO_3FSP5hsrEivCzMVc3MNMwwt5kcOF4FOlMVWIwnrsYCCf0tKHdiRpPuqro5iypGI9CwvHiHA

A little boy used permanent markers to draw on his pillowcases, and now his mother doesn't know how to clean them. Credit: Facebook.

The poor mum was now left with two heavily-inked pillowcases and no clue how to get the stains out.

She turned to social media for advice on how to get rid of the permanent marker stains, asking: 'They are not washable markers, any ideas on how to wash them?' alongside a picture of her young artist's masterpiece.

You can see in the picture that the young boy drew a cute illustration of the solar system on one pillowcase and a large drawing of the sun on the other. The fact that everything appears to be grinning broadly just makes the whole picture more lovely!

Fellow parents from the Facebook group were quick to give the mum their advice and suggestions – most of which revolved around either keeping the newly decorated bedding or getting rid of it entirely.

'Folex would do the trick for removing stains, but honestly, you should just keep them,' one woman wrote in the comments section. 'These are super cute!'

Another agreed: 'I think you should keep them unless they really bother you,' while a third user went on to say: 'I'd be bragging about such a terrific artist! And it's not easy to draw on cloth material. I love it.'

'This is the cutest - but only because it didn't happen to me,' a fourth jokingly added.

dJNKO_sP17MjfUC38dnmxw4s0RFMILekwhPiDhBXQDyXBdc5c1c-7APyqWZO6ME-pBdl1egwTup33N5NEcnLeVmqZryZJ7HVvDfKfpBjbY2BTQY3SlEa3EqiM7jdYbKSGwcE93ovJtxx192BS9GNnodnty7nxgl5ygB7fQt4doJ5x6v-41lUfIk8PQ

To express their imagination, young children often take to doodling on walls and other surfaces. Credit: How We Montessori.

Other members of the Facebook group suggested framing or even saving them as special keepsakes: 'I would frame them,' said one commenter, while another added: 'Keep them for when he moves out - what a lovely gift.'

Meanwhile, some pointed out that the cleaning chemicals needed to remove the stains would probably be more expensive, so she should just throw the pillow sheets out and buy new ones.

Other parents also advised that instead of letting this start a dispute between the mother and her child, she could take the opportunity to explain that there are other places where he can express his creativity.

We love our kids, we really do – but sometimes they can drive us up the wall! It seems like just when we think we have them trained and know what to expect, they go and do something that takes us completely by surprise.

Members, we have to ask - what would you do in this situation? Would you go out of your way to remove the ink stains on the pillowcases? Or would you let it be?

Whatever you decide to do in this situation, just remember that these moments (both good and bad) will be over before you know it – so try and enjoy them while they last! Let us know in the comments below.

Sponsored
We've all been there, haven't we? Your toddler or young child is given free rein with some pens or crayons, and before you know it, your favourite shirt, the walls, or in this case – bedding – is covered in colourful but permanent masterpieces.

It's many parents' and grandparents' nightmare come true! However, as much as we might want to scold our little ones for their creative endeavours (especially when it means having to spend extra money on replacements), we can't help but marvel at their cuteness and talent. That's why this story is so relatable and endearing.

This was definitely the case for one exhausted mum who turned to social media recently for some much-needed advice.

You see, her youngster had gotten his hands on some of her old calligraphy pens and used them to 'decorate' his bedding – with a very creative (and ambitious) version of the solar system.

And we have to admit, he did a pretty good job! The only problem was that the drawing was done with non-washable markers… meaning it wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. Oops!

Jrkqvp0tFz8wUbX7E2gnzSAETa6ncfDiKAtbsRxNIvrHvFB7uCe-AkXyg9t1sEfz-DP6XlX7lKk2noyXD7ih9xFYT6LrX1WpYPfTjjDGs1Gj3yFZmO_3FSP5hsrEivCzMVc3MNMwwt5kcOF4FOlMVWIwnrsYCCf0tKHdiRpPuqro5iypGI9CwvHiHA

A little boy used permanent markers to draw on his pillowcases, and now his mother doesn't know how to clean them. Credit: Facebook.

The poor mum was now left with two heavily-inked pillowcases and no clue how to get the stains out.

She turned to social media for advice on how to get rid of the permanent marker stains, asking: 'They are not washable markers, any ideas on how to wash them?' alongside a picture of her young artist's masterpiece.

You can see in the picture that the young boy drew a cute illustration of the solar system on one pillowcase and a large drawing of the sun on the other. The fact that everything appears to be grinning broadly just makes the whole picture more lovely!

Fellow parents from the Facebook group were quick to give the mum their advice and suggestions – most of which revolved around either keeping the newly decorated bedding or getting rid of it entirely.

'Folex would do the trick for removing stains, but honestly, you should just keep them,' one woman wrote in the comments section. 'These are super cute!'

Another agreed: 'I think you should keep them unless they really bother you,' while a third user went on to say: 'I'd be bragging about such a terrific artist! And it's not easy to draw on cloth material. I love it.'

'This is the cutest - but only because it didn't happen to me,' a fourth jokingly added.

dJNKO_sP17MjfUC38dnmxw4s0RFMILekwhPiDhBXQDyXBdc5c1c-7APyqWZO6ME-pBdl1egwTup33N5NEcnLeVmqZryZJ7HVvDfKfpBjbY2BTQY3SlEa3EqiM7jdYbKSGwcE93ovJtxx192BS9GNnodnty7nxgl5ygB7fQt4doJ5x6v-41lUfIk8PQ

To express their imagination, young children often take to doodling on walls and other surfaces. Credit: How We Montessori.

Other members of the Facebook group suggested framing or even saving them as special keepsakes: 'I would frame them,' said one commenter, while another added: 'Keep them for when he moves out - what a lovely gift.'

Meanwhile, some pointed out that the cleaning chemicals needed to remove the stains would probably be more expensive, so she should just throw the pillow sheets out and buy new ones.

Other parents also advised that instead of letting this start a dispute between the mother and her child, she could take the opportunity to explain that there are other places where he can express his creativity.

We love our kids, we really do – but sometimes they can drive us up the wall! It seems like just when we think we have them trained and know what to expect, they go and do something that takes us completely by surprise.

Members, we have to ask - what would you do in this situation? Would you go out of your way to remove the ink stains on the pillowcases? Or would you let it be?

Whatever you decide to do in this situation, just remember that these moments (both good and bad) will be over before you know it – so try and enjoy them while they last! Let us know in the comments below.
Just keep them until his 18th birthday party.

Congratulate him on his great artwork but then explain why he shouldn't draw on furniture and give him lots of paper and cardboard to draw on I just had my grandson here and he drew on my lounge we just laughed about it then I explained why he shouldn't do it

He has made them his own. Keep them for his exclusive use.

Yes, it is annoying, and he needs to be discouraged from a repeat effort, but it isn't the end of the world.

why unwashable markers for a child? At school, in my art department, we don't use any permanent markers with students. Like ideas about gifting them when he's older.
It says in the article that they were the mother's calligraphy supplies.

Reactions: Ezzy
After the initial shock and chastising myself for leaving those markers readily available for him to access, I would tell him the only place he is allowed to draw on is his colouring books or paper you give him for artwork.
Then.....I'd wash the pillowcases, and store them to give him as a wedding present.
Enjoy his creativity, but parents have to be responsible.

Just keep for his bed & put the markers way up high!!

Very cute & very artistic as has been stated already. Keep these, grin & bear it.

She stated these were her calligraphy pens so why weren't these put out of reach of a young inquisitive child?