This laundry hack from a clever mum will help dry your clothes - even on rainy days!

Doing the laundry can be a bit of a pain. It gets even more frustrating when you’ve just done a huge wash, expecting it to dry soon, and then - lo and behold - the heavens open and it starts to rain.

Now your clothes will either end up damp or smelling musty – or worse, both. Luckily, one clever mum came up with an ingenious solution to help clothes dry faster even on rainy days!

Using an altered clothesline she bought from Kmart, Leanne created her own inbuilt clothesline and shared her ‘invention’ on Facebook.

The deluxe laundry airing station, which costs $79 from Kmart, comes with a wooden frame, four wheels and five racks – but is quite large and would have taken up the entirety of her small laundry room.

clothes.jpg
The deluxe clothesline takes up quite a bit of space. Credit: Kmart

To make use of her indoor area and her newly bought item, Leanne split the product in the middle. Next, the gadget was mounted to the wall to save the mum some floor space and help her get her laundry done even during rainy days!

This way, she can easily fold them away when not in use. And when folded down, the racks can also be used as towel holders. We’ve got to admit, that is clever!

Leanne explained that her husband used screws with plastic inserts to mount each half of the clothesline to their wall. She also shared that this hack is ideal for those who live with a limited laundry area in apartments with no outdoor space to hang their laundry.

Sharing the photos on Facebook, other social media users were keen on replicating Leanne’s DIY project.

clothes2.jpg
Leanne’s DIY project. Credit: Facebook

Thousands liked Leanne’s social media post, with many describing it as ‘genius’.

One wrote: ‘OMG! I have one of these. It’s currently outside as normal but I really want to do this.’

Another added: ‘I am so going to do this when I get back to my house! Fantastic idea.’

Key Takeaways

• Leanne, an Aussie mum, has come up with a clever way to make her laundry dry faster on rainy days using a $79 laundry gadget she bought at Kmart.
  • She does this by disassembling the product and splitting it in half, before mounting each one on her laundry wall.
  • She shared that her husband used screws with plastic inserts to mount the clothes airer to the wall.
  • Leanne said that because her area is tight, she needed to ‘improvise’ how she does her laundry. This also helps get her laundry done in spite of the rainy weather.
  • Other shoppers have praised the mum for her genius idea, with many saying they would love to try it out for themselves.
Well, members! There you have it. We love a bit of good old-fashioned Aussie ingenuity, and we take our caps off to Leanne. Do you have any laundry pearls of wisdom you’d like to impart? Share them with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
And if you have ceiling fans, just put a clothes horse underneath it, speeds up the drying especially in weather that is not quite cold enough for the heating/heater to be put on
Yes I do this! Dry in hours!

Reactions: Sharon55