'This is what's wrong with this world': Mum left fuming over parking lot note

Parking can be a real chore.

This simple task can get tricky, especially if you're running late for an appointment or trying to find a spot in a crowded shopping centre carpark.

But despite the difficulties we may face when it comes to parking, there's really no need to resort to leaving angry notes on people whose cars aren’t parked to your standard.

At least, according to one Aussie mum, who was left feeling frustrated after finding a note on her car that criticised her parking job.

The mother, named Nicole Harvey, had parked her car at Ballina Central IGA supermarket in NSW when she made the discovery.

‘Learn to park between the lines,’ the note read.

‘Couldn’t get the baby in the car because you park like an absolute inconsiderate tosspot.’

skjgbjla2.png
Nicole shared a picture of her parking job to prove her case. Credit: Nicole Harvey/Facebook

Understandably insulted, she took to a local Facebook group to express her dismay.

‘This is what is wrong with this world,’ she wrote.

‘To the person who left me this lovely note just now at Ballina Central IGA — the car that was parked next to me was on the lines so I had less room to work with. They must (have) left before you came out.

‘Maybe next time park in the parents' parking. That’s why they made them.’

In the photo she provided with her post, Nicole was indeed parked close to the parking line — but clearly still inside it.

Her post had many locals responding in disbelief.

‘Technically she parked within the lines,’ one user wrote.

‘Seriously there are bigger things this person could worry about! Who writes a note like that?!’ a second added.

A third one even dismissed the note’s source as ‘just another Karen’.

skjgbjla1.png
The note’s sender called Nicole ‘an absolute inconsiderate tosspot’. Credit: Nicole Harvey/Facebook

Other locals though saw sense in the note, highlighting what they felt were shortcomings in Ballina regarding parking.

‘Parking is not that hard, but the council could make the parking spaces a bit bigger,’ one user admitted.

‘To be fair, there aren't enough parent parking spots in any shopping centre,’ another pointed out.

In a separate correspondence with Yahoo! Australia, Nicole stressed that the irked parent could have parked elsewhere ‘if (they needed) more than one full spot.’

Key Takeaways

• NSW mum Nicole Harvey shared her experience with an irate parent who left her a mean note at an IGA parking lot.
  • The note told her to learn how to park between the lines as the sender had a difficult time placing their child in their car, even calling her 'an inconsiderate tosspot'.
  • She explained that she was forced to park a bit close to the parking line as earlier, another car was parked over her parking line on the other side.
  • Many weighed in on her situation, with some slamming the anonymous sender for making a fuss.
  • Others though admitted there were some things in need of improvement in the area in terms of parking.
Nicole isn’t the first victim of printed verbal lashings — and we doubt she will be the last, considering the odd parking jobs we’ve seen.

In October, locals in St. Helens, Tasmania, were shocked when one ute’s driver parked their car across six parking spaces.

Another driver in Sydney had their car parked within the line. But the problem is…er, it appears they forgot to reverse the car.

Elsewhere in Aussie suburbs, residents have been frustrated at illegally parked cars blocking public footpaths, causing potential harm to people forced to use the road or other routes while walking.

So, what do you think? Was Nicole right or wrong with how she parked her car?

Do you think the other driver was justified in their action?

Tell us your thoughts and opinions below!

Sponsored
I have an opinion here. If 4WD Drivers can clamber in and out of their vehicles, they would appear to be pretty agile. Therefore, what about consideration being given to dedicated 4WD bays being established AWAY from convenient Parking to cater for Disabled, Mums with Bubs, Seniors, etc, who have more need.
That sounds ideal ... except 4WD's & SUV's would take up all the car spaces because there's so many of them :ROFLMAO:
Me & my WRX always park far, far away from those vehicles!

Diction is wrong, capital, full stop. eyesight is failing, poor girl can't even tear paper in straight line.
Trouble getting baby in car, should read trouble conceiving baby in car.
Me thinks,
She is one you have to show pictures to whilst talking with or She no understand, I have written in Her language so She um like youknow like yeah I got it...

Reactions: Penny4
No consideration for opening doors. If you don't like getting notes on your windscreen. Do the right thing in the first place and respect others by parking correctly in the lines, ie: even spaces., so everyone can open their door. By reacting to the note, just check your ego and do the right thing in the future. Ps, I know the carpark very well and mostly always lots of empty parks within 30 metres of the door.
She is in the lines

Reactions: Suzanne rose
LOOK ,,, I have parked perfectly between the markings in Brisbane shopping centres AND when a person in the back seat cannot get out due to a concrete support pylon .. I write listen stupid pylon don't park so close... that is BS .. I move the car back a little giving enough room for someone to alight from the car THEN move back into the pasking spot. ... Maybe this woman was having post natal stress... so ignore her she might be someone really nice when the hormones move on.

Reactions: Suzanne rose
No consideration for opening doors. If you don't like getting notes on your windscreen. Do the right thing in the first place and respect others by parking correctly in the lines, ie: even spaces., so everyone can open their door. By reacting to the note, just check your ego and do the right thing in the future. Ps, I know the carpark very well and mostly always lots of empty parks within 30 metres of the door.
It looked like the car was parked between the lines 🤔

She is in the lines
And still no consideration. If the next car is parked that close to line. She couldn't access her car. The note was from a woman who couldn't open the door enough for her baby. But anyway, all the best.

I have an opinion here. If 4WD Drivers can clamber in and out of their vehicles, they would appear to be pretty agile. Therefore, what about consideration being given to dedicated 4WD bays being established AWAY from convenient Parking to cater for Disabled, Mums with Bubs, Seniors, etc, who have more need.
I would dispute that my DH has a 4WD dual cab ute and I hsve mobility issues (have an ACROD permit) and need to use a step to get in though can slide out, I own a sedan but have more trouble getting in and out of that as it is low.

Reactions: gordon1940