This is the secret one shopper used to snag a $319 lawn mower from Bunnings Warehouse for just $45!

We’re well aware that we can get a great deal on multiple household items if we’re willing to look in the right places. From discounts on car insurance and travel packages to grocery deals and other discounts, it’s always nice to find ways to save money and make our budget go a little bit further.

But if you’re looking for something a bit more unexpected, then you’ll certainly appreciate the treasure hunt-style experience that one Bunnings Warehouse shopper recently encountered.

An intrepid bargain hunter from New South Wales revealed how she managed to secure a brand new Ozito Lawn Mower, originally priced at $319, for the unbelievably low price of just $45 at her local Bunnings Warehouse.

She generously shared her discovery on a popular Facebook group called 'Markdown Addicts Australia' to help others also score some great savings.

lawn1.png
The shopper revealed how she picked up a brand-new lawn mower for only $45. Credit: Bunnings

But how did the savvy shopper bag this fantastic deal? According to her, she did one simple thing: checking out the markdown sale section of her local Bunnings store.

Now we know this is not new advice.

But it is a nice reminder for all of us that it's always worth exploring discount sections and asking staff members about any hidden markdown treasures available in-store.

While her $45 lawn mower find is impressive, she confessed that the ex-display model was missing its charger and key. But thanks to a stroke of good fortune, she had a spare key at home that was compatible with her newly-acquired mower. Talk about a lucky day!

'Went to Bunnings Glendale yesterday for a browse and came home with a new mower,’ she wrote on a popular Facebook page.

lawn2.jpg
The shopper shared her bargain buy on a popular Facebook page dedicated to finding discounts. Credit: Facebook

'They have lots marked down at the moment. This one was marked down to $99. However, they couldn't find the key for it, which is needed, or it doesn't work. So, they marked it down to $45. My old mower uses the same key. Winning!’ The shopper explained.

Fellow Facebook members were quick to praise the thrifty shopper's find.

One Facebook user enthused, ‘You won't go wrong with this mower. I've had mine for over two years, and it cuts the lawn perfectly every time. Good score!’

Another commenter chimed in with a handy tip, pointing out that mower keys can often be found on eBay for a steal.

‘Oh, what a score!’ Added another.

‘Very impressive,’ one more replied.

It's important to note that markdowns and discounts may vary from one Bunnings location to another, so we encourage you to check your nearest store for any potential markdowns.
Key Takeaways
  • A Bunnings Warehouse customer purchased a brand new lawn mower originally priced at $319 for only $45.
  • The shopper discovered the markdown sale section at her local store and found the discounted lawn mower.
  • The $45 mower was missing its charger and key, but the customer had a spare at home that could be used.
  • Other Facebook users praised the customer's find and discussed purchasing spare parts online if needed.
With so much praise and excitement surrounding the deal, it's evident that this Bunnings shopper's success story has inspired many customers to keep an eye out for marked-down items and hidden deals within their local stores.

But we want to ask you, members. What’s the best deal you’ve scored while out shopping? How did you find out about it? Share your thoughts about this story and your own experiences while bargain-hunting down in the comments – we’d love to read them!

Sponsored
Bunnings is the one place I see great bargains but don't always buy.

The other week there was a clearance rack with safes normally $180 down to $5 . Did I buy one ...no.

We are always buying plants which are normally $16 plus for 50c and $1 .
I've purchased plants that are normally around $90 for between $5 to $10 .

Hubby purchased an outdoor pizza oven that you put on top of your BBQ that was around $150 he paid $10.

We’re well aware that we can get a great deal on multiple household items if we’re willing to look in the right places. From discounts on car insurance and travel packages to grocery deals and other discounts, it’s always nice to find ways to save money and make our budget go a little bit further.

But if you’re looking for something a bit more unexpected, then you’ll certainly appreciate the treasure hunt-style experience that one Bunnings Warehouse shopper recently encountered.

An intrepid bargain hunter from New South Wales revealed how she managed to secure a brand new Ozito Lawn Mower, originally priced at $319, for the unbelievably low price of just $45 at her local Bunnings Warehouse.

She generously shared her discovery on a popular Facebook group called 'Markdown Addicts Australia' to help others also score some great savings.

View attachment 22174
The shopper revealed how she picked up a brand-new lawn mower for only $45. Credit: Bunnings

But how did the savvy shopper bag this fantastic deal? According to her, she did one simple thing: checking out the markdown sale section of her local Bunnings store.

But it is a nice reminder for all of us that it's always worth exploring discount sections and asking staff members about any hidden markdown treasures available in-store.

While her $45 lawn mower find is impressive, she confessed that the ex-display model was missing its charger and key. But thanks to a stroke of good fortune, she had a spare key at home that was compatible with her newly-acquired mower. Talk about a lucky day!

'Went to Bunnings Glendale yesterday for a browse and came home with a new mower,’ she wrote on a popular Facebook page.

View attachment 22175
The shopper shared her bargain buy on a popular Facebook page dedicated to finding discounts. Credit: Facebook

'They have lots marked down at the moment. This one was marked down to $99. However, they couldn't find the key for it, which is needed, or it doesn't work. So, they marked it down to $45. My old mower uses the same key. Winning!’ The shopper explained.

One Facebook user enthused, ‘You won't go wrong with this mower. I've had mine for over two years, and it cuts the lawn perfectly every time. Good score!’

Another commenter chimed in with a handy tip, pointing out that mower keys can often be found on eBay for a steal.

It's important to note that markdowns and discounts may vary from one Bunnings location to another, so we encourage you to check your nearest store for any potential markdowns.
Key Takeaways

• A Bunnings Warehouse customer purchased a brand new lawn mower originally priced at $319 for only $45.
  • The shopper discovered the markdown sale section at her local store and found the discounted lawn mower.
  • The $45 mower was missing its charger and key, but the customer had a spare at home that could be used.
  • Other Facebook users praised the customer's find and discussed purchasing spare parts online if needed.
With so much praise and excitement surrounding the deal, it's evident that this Bunnings shopper's success story has inspired many customers to keep an eye out for marked-down items and hidden deals within their local stores.

But we want to ask you, members. What’s the best deal you’ve scored while out shopping? How did you find out about it? Share your thoughts about this story and your own experiences while bargain-hunting down in the comments – we’d love to read them!

What I don't understand is why people are compelled to "share" their bargain purchases on social media. Yeah, it's great when you find a bargain tht you need, but I don't announce my find to the world.

There have been and possibly still are lots of big discounts on products at Bunnings due to store stocktakes. A lot of ex display or end of line items, and items that have not been big sellers get heavily reduced to “get them gone” before stocktake. This helps make stocktake less hassle and clears the store of lots of odds and ends, so to speak.

Reactions: Rhondda@Benji

View attachment 22174

View attachment 22175

Key Takeaways

We have annn electric self propelled mower and it is not Chinese . I wonder if the batteries will be included , surely not . We have one big battery $ 300.- and two smaller ones $150.- each . 3yrs warranty on the batteries , only when you buy them at a mower shop , online no warranty. We have replaced two of the batteries as they did not last . Sent a video to the company and two days later we got the new batteries in the mail with another 3 yrs warranty. I donn’t think that will happen with the bargain mower at Bunnings .

Reactions: Rhondda@Benji
Usually, you have to be in the right place at the right time. Who's going to wait around at Bunnings all day every day in case a bargain comes your way? Not me!

Reactions: Mina vriesekolk