This grandfather bags the $1.7m lotto prize but wants to remain ‘business as usual’

It can be tempting to try your luck with the lottery.

However, choosing the six numbers can feel like finding a needle in a haystack in terms of difficulty, and the chances of winning the lottery would be one in a million.

But for one grandfather, his luck paid off when he discovered he won the lotto grand prize and became an instant millionaire!

A grandfather from Wangaratta—located in Victoria’s northeast—learned that he won Saturday’s TattsLotto after holding one of six division one winning entries.

Despite winning over $1.7 million, the lucky grandfather admitted that the win would make very little difference, and it would be ‘business as usual’ to him.

dylan-nolte-RSsqjpezn6o-unsplash.jpg
A grandfather won the $1.7 million TattsLotto last weekend. Credit: Unsplash

‘I've been retired for a little while, and there [are] very few problems in my life, but any worries or stress have completely left my body now,’ he said.

‘I've got a couple of kids and grandchildren, and I can't wait to let them know. I'm going to change their lives!’

The grandfather also said that the lottery would force him to do odd jobs in his home that he had been avoiding for the longest time.

'There are also a few things around the house that need to be done, but I've been putting those off.’

'Looks like I've got no excuse now!'

The winning ticket from his life-changing draw was purchased at a local newsagent, the Wangaratta Lotto Card & Tobacconist. The newsagent confirmed that it will buy balloons to mark the event of selling another division prize to a local.

The TattsLotto draw on Saturday produced three division one entries from Victoria–two in Western Australia and one in NSW.

The winning numbers were 2, 1, 30, 28, 24, and 23. The supplementary numbers were 39 and 29.

If you’re trying your luck in the lotto, there’s a ‘secret’ strategy for winning the jackpot! In a previous story, a man used the ‘secrets of the universe’ to win the $2.6 million Gold Lotto. Read more about his way to hitting the jackpot here.

Key Takeaways
  • A grandfather from Wangaratta, Victoria, won over $1.7 million in Saturday's TattsLotto.
  • Despite the win, he says it's 'business as usual' for him and plans to share his lottery earnings with his family.
  • The win will prompt him to tackle house maintenance tasks he's been delaying.
  • His winning ticket was purchased from Wangaratta Lotto Card & Tobacconist.

Members, what do you think of this story? What will you do if you win the lottery? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
It can be tempting to try your luck with the lottery.

However, choosing the six numbers can feel like finding a needle in a haystack in terms of difficulty, and the chances of winning the lottery would be one in a million.

But for one grandfather, his luck paid off when he discovered he won the lotto grand prize and became an instant millionaire!

A grandfather from Wangaratta—located in Victoria’s northeast—learned that he won Saturday’s TattsLotto after holding one of six division one winning entries.

Despite winning over $1.7 million, the lucky grandfather admitted that the win would make very little difference, and it would be ‘business as usual’ to him.

View attachment 34710
A grandfather won the $1.7 million TattsLotto last weekend. Credit: Unsplash

‘I've been retired for a little while, and there [are] very few problems in my life, but any worries or stress have completely left my body now,’ he said.

‘I've got a couple of kids and grandchildren, and I can't wait to let them know. I'm going to change their lives!’

The grandfather also said that the lottery would force him to do odd jobs in his home that he had been avoiding for the longest time.

'There are also a few things around the house that need to be done, but I've been putting those off.’

'Looks like I've got no excuse now!'

The winning ticket from his life-changing draw was purchased at a local newsagent, the Wangaratta Lotto Card & Tobacconist. The newsagent confirmed that it will buy balloons to mark the event of selling another division prize to a local.

The TattsLotto draw on Saturday produced three division one entries from Victoria–two in Western Australia and one in NSW.

The winning numbers were 2, 1, 30, 28, 24, and 23. The supplementary numbers were 39 and 29.

If you’re trying your luck in the lotto, there’s a ‘secret’ strategy for winning the jackpot! In a previous story, a man used the ‘secrets of the universe’ to win the $2.6 million Gold Lotto. Read more about his way to hitting the jackpot here.

Key Takeaways

• A grandfather from Wangaratta, Victoria, won over $1.7 million in Saturday's TattsLotto.
  • Despite the win, he says it's 'business as usual' for him and plans to share his lottery earnings with his family.
  • The win will prompt him to tackle house maintenance tasks he's been delaying.
  • His winning ticket was purchased from Wangaratta Lotto Card & Tobacconist.

Members, what do you think of this story? What will you do if you win the lottery? Let us know in the comments below!
Congratulations to the lucky winner 👏👏

Reactions: magpie1