This Genius $11 Bunnings Cup Holder Hack Just Got an Amazing Response

We all know how difficult it can be trying to fit that one cup that just doesn’t fit in your car’s cup holder.

But one woman’s viral cupholder hack to secure those specific bottles in her car has left hundreds of social media users singing praises.

It all started when a woman from Victoria, Maddy Ryan, had difficulty fitting her 1-litre Frank Green canister into her car cup holder. With a stroke of genius, she turned to her local Bunnings where she bought a 100 x 65mm PVC DWV Taper Level Invert worth $11.

Maddy posted the clip on TikTok at the end of last year, and since then, it’s been viewed over 3.5 million times.

bunnings1.jpg
The ingenious hack was shared on TikTok. Credit: Bunnings

Maddy’s ‘genius’ hack (captioned ‘work harder not smarter’) makes her car’s cup holder area wider, so her pink bottle can fit perfectly.

It also appears that Bunnings had caught on to the hype surrounding the 100 x 65mm PVC DWV Taper Level Inverts, with a new TikTok video showing a box labelled ‘cup holders’ in one Bunnings store.

Many viewers were quick to joke that the display was probably the result of staff being fed up with customers asking: ‘which ones fit the Frank Green bottles’.

‘Well played, Bunnings,’ one person said, and many viewers encouraged others to do the same if they have cup holder struggles.

‘I just watched a Bunnings ad for this,’ another quipped.

Someone else praised Maddy for being innovative, while another jokingly suggested that she should’ve trademarked the hack.

A fourth person laughed about the ‘poor plumbers’ who are going to be mad when there’s a shortage of tapered PVC pipes at their local store.

You can watch Maddy’s video below:

‘I may have literally just bought one because my cup holders are too shallow and any drink in them falls out at every turn,’ shared another.

Some people praised Bunnings for their clever marketing scheme.

‘This is the best thing I’ve seen,’ one admitted.

You can watch the ‘ad’ for the PVC pipe/cupholders below:

The popularity of Maddy Ryan’s cup holder hack demonstrated how important the role of social media has become in product sales. The TikTok post went viral, attracting 3.5 million views largely due to its innovative nature. Essentially, if a product or message is promoted to the right people through a popular platform like TikTok, it can encourage the purchase of a product.

This demonstrates how much of an impact social media can have on consumer buying decisions. This type of marketing shows that the customer has more power over the brands, and has a voice that resonates with the masses.

It also lessens the gap between brand-customer interaction, since people these days can just reach out to a specific brand through their social media channels and receive assistance in the same way.
Key Takeaways

• Maddy Ryan’s cup holder hack with a $11 PVC pipe from Bunnings went viral on TikTok with over 3.5 million views.
  • The hack gained attention as it fit perfectly with the popular Frank Green water bottle, which was previously too big to fit in Maddy’s car cup holder.
  • Bunnings caught on to the hype, and labelled the pipes as ‘cup holders’ in some stores.
What are your thoughts on this, members? Share them with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
this is really great, but any idea how to attach a holder to a child car seat for their drink, when it came with no option to purchase such and no way that I can work out to SECURE anything safely to her car seat. There does not seem to be anywhere I can anchor anything to. Went back to baby store they said sorry can’t help.
Any ideas greatly appreciated. Jan

Reactions: Ricci and ShannyN
We all know how difficult it can be trying to fit that one cup that just doesn’t fit in your car’s cup holder.

But one woman’s viral cupholder hack to secure those specific bottles in her car has left hundreds of social media users singing praises.

It all started when a woman from Victoria, Maddy Ryan, had difficulty fitting her 1-litre Frank Green canister into her car cup holder. With a stroke of genius, she turned to her local Bunnings where she bought a 100 x 65mm PVC DWV Taper Level Invert worth $11.

Maddy posted the clip on TikTok at the end of last year, and since then, it’s been viewed over 3.5 million times.

View attachment 11758
The ingenious hack was shared on TikTok. Credit: Bunnings

Maddy’s ‘genius’ hack (captioned ‘work harder not smarter’) makes her car’s cup holder area wider, so her pink bottle can fit perfectly.

It also appears that Bunnings had caught on to the hype surrounding the 100 x 65mm PVC DWV Taper Level Inverts, with a new TikTok video showing a box labelled ‘cup holders’ in one Bunnings store.

Many viewers were quick to joke that the display was probably the result of staff being fed up with customers asking: ‘which ones fit the Frank Green bottles’.

‘Well played, Bunnings,’ one person said, and many viewers encouraged others to do the same if they have cup holder struggles.

‘I just watched a Bunnings ad for this,’ another quipped.

Someone else praised Maddy for being innovative, while another jokingly suggested that she should’ve trademarked the hack.

A fourth person laughed about the ‘poor plumbers’ who are going to be mad when there’s a shortage of tapered PVC pipes at their local store.

You can watch Maddy’s video below:

‘I may have literally just bought one because my cup holders are too shallow and any drink in them falls out at every turn,’ shared another.

Some people praised Bunnings for their clever marketing scheme.

‘This is the best thing I’ve seen,’ one admitted.

You can watch the ‘ad’ for the PVC pipe/cupholders below:

The popularity of Maddy Ryan’s cup holder hack demonstrated how important the role of social media has become in product sales. The TikTok post went viral, attracting 3.5 million views largely due to its innovative nature. Essentially, if a product or message is promoted to the right people through a popular platform like TikTok, it can encourage the purchase of a product.

This demonstrates how much of an impact social media can have on consumer buying decisions. This type of marketing shows that the customer has more power over the brands, and has a voice that resonates with the masses.

It also lessens the gap between brand-customer interaction, since people these days can just reach out to a specific brand through their social media channels and receive assistance in the same way.
Key Takeaways

• Maddy Ryan’s cup holder hack with a $11 PVC pipe from Bunnings went viral on TikTok with over 3.5 million views.
  • The hack gained attention as it fit perfectly with the popular Frank Green water bottle, which was previously too big to fit in Maddy’s car cup holder.
  • Bunnings caught on to the hype, and labelled the pipes as ‘cup holders’ in some stores.
What are your thoughts on this, members? Share them with us in the comments below!

I'm hooked

Reactions: Ricci
why do ppl who are obsessed with social media HAVE to applaud anything out of the ordinary, I realise many are teens and have no idea of anything, or have an original thought more than once a year, but seriously this is not that world shattering. and really deserves very little praise at all. its not like its an invention that will save lives?

this is really great, but any idea how to attach a holder to a child car seat for their drink, when it came with no option to purchase such and no way that I can work out to SECURE anything safely to her car seat. There does not seem to be anywhere I can anchor anything to. Went back to baby store they said sorry can’t help.
Any ideas greatly appreciated. Jan
Guess it all depends on the style of car seat and the type of cup, drink bottle you need to attach as well as the age/dexterity of the child?
If child is dextrous, can you drill into seat within reach of their hands and just attach a big screw clamp that fits their bottle/cup? That is: a clamp like used on big radiator hoses? Post a pic of baby seat and see what the members can suggest?

would this be of use?

Then the women who made the "hack" should ditch the tic tok preferred brand of large cup and buy something that fits the cup holders
Then she would have to buy two small ones to equal the one large one she has already, and then what is she going to do with the large one?