This clever cake platter hack will make your gatherings so much easier: 'Not once did I think to do this!'

They say that every new day brings something new to learn, and that phrase holds true!

When we stumbled upon this cake platter hack, along with thousands of other people on the internet, we, too, had our 'minds blown'.

As it turns out, many people have been doing this for years already! Why didn't anyone tell us?

Apparently, most cake platters can be used to hold not only cakes and pastries, but they can also double as a punch bowl!

Yes, you read that right, folks – cake platters can be used in gatherings to serve drinks.

How? Simply turn the base so that it is upside down, then place the dome so that it is facing the opposite direction on top. Put the two together, and now you have a giant bowl!

Easy as pie, right?

hBNLehe7HZVlelNzxDP05xq3MOqWREjrMOIr8JF1M24gHnE1uChCu58hzXcG-WLAey4NGy3-iJCjWeZutb1FXtYn8V9ZjimAfBQVx-CVrhYr52phN2S2S2RKUZsjBxJ-0uFEjomJ6LiVd2jcc9lD-HE

Many people are surprised to learn that most cake platters can be rearranged to make bowls. Credit: TikTok/take.it.for.free.

This little-known 'secret' was recently revealed by a TikTok account that has become popular for providing similar life hacks.

It was shown in the video that all the woman had to do to convert the cake stand and the dome into a huge bowl was to turn them upside down.

The clip went viral on the platform already with over 9.2 million views, and thousands of users (us included!) said they were shocked to learn this simple trick.

Even long-time owners of these kinds of cake stands couldn't believe they hadn't known about it sooner.

'I've been using my cake platter since I got married 41 years ago,' wrote one woman in the comments section. 'Not once did I think to do this! Embarrassing.'

'This should be more widely known. It looks so versatile!' said another.

But now that word has spread about the cake platter's new life as a massive bowl, many people are sending in ideas for what to put in it.

'A mega pint of wine,' said one woman. 'Surely everyone is thinking of a mega pint of wine?' Another agreed, 'Absolutely. I would never use it for anything else.'

'It would make the perfect goblet for a boozy brunch,' said a third, while a fourth went on to say, 'I've always wanted a comically large martini glass - I guess my prayers have been answered!'

Cake stands and domes are just two examples, but many other ordinary household goods also serve multiple purposes in the kitchen and beyond.

Some of them are as follows:

Disposable plates

While disposable plates made from materials like paper or styrofoam aren't great for the planet, they're sometimes necessary. If you have some left at home, they can be put to good use by padding fragile bowls and plates. To prevent breakage, simply sandwich a few in between each set of dishes before packing them away.

Kitchen sponge

Sweaters, no matter how well made, pill frustratingly quickly. This is particularly true if the natural fibres that went into making your sweater (wool, cotton, cashmere) are prone to tangling.

Simple kitchen sponges can do a great job of getting rid of pills. Just run the side with the rough texture over the pilled surface to get rid of almost all of the little balls without hurting your sweater.

Wine bottle

If you don't bake very often but always have a bottle of wine on hand, you can use it as a rolling pin. It also works well as a simple vase for holding floral arrangements.

Credit: TODAY.

Muffin tray

A muffin pan can be used to bake little casseroles, mini meatloaves, or even as an improvised ice cube tray. As a bonus, it can also be used to serve condiments when you need to feed a large group but don't feel like washing a ton of dishes.

Frying pan

Yes, not everyone has access to a high-quality meat mallet or tenderiser, but that's not a problem here! A small, heavy pan works just as well. (A large one also works; it's just more of a hassle to carry.)

Wrap the meat in plastic or use plastic wrap to prevent raw meat juices from splattering all over your frypan.

So there you have it, folks! Who knew that so many of our everyday cooking tools have more than one purpose? Please feel free to add any additional kitchen appliance secrets you may know in the comments section!

Sponsored
Alot of those dome cake stands have a round handle on lid and when you turn the base upside down the leg is solid no hole which would need to be solid so the handle can sit in.

Also the dome lid when turned upside down is just that a dome it doesn't sit flat.

I'm not sure how many people make punch any more!

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci
Something I will share. Invest in a large syringe 200mls.

Slice fruit in chunky slices banana's, kiwi fruit . Watermelon, rockmelon.

Using the syringe press down on the fruit each time pulling the syringe up continue this doing different layer of fruit until your syringe is full then push a skewer into the middle of fruit .

Push the fruit out and there you have it a fruit skewer/ kebab

Screenshot_20220826-070426_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20220826-070413_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20220826-070313_Instagram.jpg

Something I will share. Invest in a large syringe 200mls.

Slice fruit in chunky slices banana's, kiwi fruit . Watermelon, rockmelon.

Using the syringe press down on the fruit each time pulling the syringe up continue this doing different layer of fruit until your syringe is full then push a skewer into the middle of fruit .

Push the fruit out and there you have it a fruit skewer/ kebab

View attachment 5514View attachment 5515View attachment 5516
Like this hint Suzanne Rose. Thanks

Reactions: Ricci