This cleaner revealed the three types of ‘red flag’ clients she’d never accept

We all know how important it is to maintain a clean and tidy household. Not only is it necessary for preventing the spread of germs, but it also gives us a sense of calm and order in our daily lives.

But sometimes we can’t find the time or energy to pick up a broom or wipe down our glass windows properly. This is where professional cleaners come in!

However, pro-cleaners also have a set of rules they follow once they take on a cleaning job. And one woman has revealed the types of clients she’d never work for.

As someone who has worked in the cleaning industry for years, Kacie from The Big Clean Co in Melbourne has seen it all when it comes to clients.

There are three types of customers, in particular, that she always tries to avoid because they are more likely to be difficult to work with, according to her.

She took to TikTok to describe these ‘warning signs’.

clean1.JPG
Kacie has been in the cleaning industry for years, so she knows a ‘red flag’ client when she sees one. Credit: Pixabay in Pexels

‘The first is when somebody says “it’s not that bad, it shouldn’t take long”,’ Kacie shared in the clip.

‘In my experience, that often means it hasn’t been cleaned in over six months,’ she explained. That also gives her the impression that the client may not be willing to pay her usual rates, so she gets a little suspicious of clients like these.

Another type of client Kacie encounters often is someone who says they ‘have been through a lot of cleaners and just can’t find a good one’.

Kacie said that this always makes her wonder: ‘Is it the cleaner or the client who is the problem here?’

cleaner2.JPG
Kacie said she often worries when someone tries to negotiate her rates because that shows they don’t value her work as much. Credit: Nathan Cowley in Pexels

Finally, Kacie said she takes issue when someone tries to negotiate the price of her services.

‘If a client doesn’t already value what we do, then in my experience it doesn’t get any better from there,’ she admitted.

Her TikTok video reached over 285,000 people, and many who saw it were quick to offer their opinions.

Some confessed that they work 60 plus hours a week, so they don’t have the time to make their place ‘not as bad’ for the cleaner.

Others admitted that they are the type of client who cleans before the cleaner they hired arrives.

‘I don’t want to be judged,’ someone commented.

Most people – many of them are cleaners too – chimed in the discussion.

‘Yes! Only one year in this business and experienced all 3,’ said one woman.

While another woman wrote: ‘I had someone ask me once if they could pay me in gift cards!’ Now that is a nightmare.

A professional dog groomer commented that Kacie’s three points are ‘red flags’ in her industry too. Kacie responded with: ‘I had a feeling these would translate across industries.’

You can watch Kacie’s TikTok video below:

Key Takeaways

• A professional cleaner has listed the three 'red flag' clients she wouldn't go anywhere near when looking for new work.
  • The first red flag is when someone says that a job ‘isn't that bad’ or ‘shouldn't take too long’. This often means that the person hasn't cleaned in months and is looking for a cheap option.
  • The second red flag is when a potential client says they've ‘been through a lot of cleaners and just can't find a good one’. This is often a sign that the person is difficult to work with.
  • The third red flag is when somebody tries to negotiate the price. This is often a sign that the person doesn't value the work of cleaners.
Can you agree with Kacie’s opinions, members? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
We all know how important it is to maintain a clean and tidy household. Not only is it necessary for preventing the spread of germs, but it also gives us a sense of calm and order in our daily lives.

But sometimes we can’t find the time or energy to pick up a broom or wipe down our glass windows properly. This is where professional cleaners come in!

However, pro-cleaners also have a set of rules they follow once they take on a cleaning job. And one woman has revealed the types of clients she’d never work for.

As someone who has worked in the cleaning industry for years, Kacie from The Big Clean Co in Melbourne has seen it all when it comes to clients.

There are three types of customers, in particular, that she always tries to avoid because they are more likely to be difficult to work with, according to her.

View attachment 8640
Kacie has been in the cleaning industry for years, so she knows a ‘red flag’ client when she sees one. Credit: Pixabay in Pexels

‘The first is when somebody says “it’s not that bad, it shouldn’t take long”,’ Kacie shared in the clip.

‘In my experience, that often means it hasn’t been cleaned in over six months,’ she explained. That also gives her the impression that the client may not be willing to pay her usual rates, so she gets a little suspicious of clients like these.

Another type of client Kacie encounters often is someone who says they ‘have been through a lot of cleaners and just can’t find a good one’.

Kacie said that this always makes her wonder: ‘Is it the cleaner or the client who is the problem here?’

View attachment 8641
Kacie said she often worries when someone tries to negotiate her rates because that shows they don’t value her work as much. Credit: Nathan Cowley in Pexels

Finally, Kacie said she takes issue when someone tries to negotiate the price of her services.

‘If a client doesn’t already value what we do, then in my experience it doesn’t get any better from there,’ she admitted.

Her TikTok video reached over 285,000 people, and many who saw it were quick to offer their opinions.

Some confessed that they work 60 plus hours a week, so they don’t have the time to make their place ‘not as bad’ for the cleaner.

Others admitted that they are the type of client who cleans before the cleaner they hired arrives.

While another woman wrote: ‘I had someone ask me once if they could pay me in gift cards!’ Now that is a nightmare.

A professional dog groomer commented that Kacie’s three points are ‘red flags’ in her industry too. Kacie responded with: ‘I had a feeling these would translate across industries.’

Key Takeaways

• A professional cleaner has listed the three 'red flag' clients she wouldn't go anywhere near when looking for new work.
  • The first red flag is when someone says that a job ‘isn't that bad’ or ‘shouldn't take too long’. This often means that the person hasn't cleaned in months and is looking for a cheap option.
  • The second red flag is when a potential client says they've ‘been through a lot of cleaners and just can't find a good one’. This is often a sign that the person is difficult to work with.
  • The third red flag is when somebody tries to negotiate the price. This is often a sign that the person doesn't value the work of cleaners.
Can you agree with Kacie’s opinions, members? Let us know in the comments

I have had cleaners for many years. My lady retired recently, after 23 years with me. i decided to go through an agency where we buy prepaid vouchers so no need for money. I have two different teams and was told recently i am a favoured client. Cleaners do the jobs we either cant do or perhaps want to do. Try cleaning someone else's toilet. So if you want to keep your cleaner treat them with respect.

My cousin cleans houses and basically she will go in and vacuum, mop, clean bathrooms, clean kitchens and dust and everything has to be picked up and dishes done and put away before she gets there.

She always says her worst problems are her customers she can't get away from when they start chatting

View attachment 8640

View attachment 8641

Key Takeaways

Can you agree with Kacie’s opinions, members? Let us know in the comments below!

I have known many cleaners throughout the years employed to bond clean or aged care cleaners employed to help those who can no longer clean for themselves.
A great percentage of these cleaners charge huge fees but fail to clean as they were employed to do.
Restriction policies they have are
Not cleaning above arm height
No cleaning of fans, windows tracks , windows etc.
These are the very jobs aged clients need others to do for them, paid for by government care packages but abused by the contractors in so many cases. Another example of elder neglect and a waste of taxpayers money for a well meaning aid to the vulnerable. Loopholes in the system exploited by the lazy ones who also have the habit of arriving late and leaving early.
And bond cleaners leave so many properties almost as dirty as when they arrived are not as few as you would hope.

Good cleaners are the exception, not the rule.

I have known many cleaners throughout the years employed to bond clean or aged care cleaners employed to help those who can no longer clean for themselves.
A great percentage of these cleaners charge huge fees but fail to clean as they were employed to do.
Restriction policies they have are
Not cleaning above arm height
No cleaning of fans, windows tracks , windows etc.
These are the very jobs aged clients need others to do for them, paid for by government care packages but abused by the contractors in so many cases. Another example of elder neglect and a waste of taxpayers money for a well meaning aid to the vulnerable. Loopholes in the system exploited by the lazy ones who also have the habit of arriving late and leaving early.
And bond cleaners leave so many properties almost as dirty as when they arrived are not as few as you would hope.

Good cleaners are the exception, not the rule.
"
"Not cleaning above arm height
No cleaning of fans, windows tracks , windows etc."

That's exctly what happened to my wife. The house is old style (We live in a farm) and there are many windows and French Doors. We contacted someone to do the job, they sent someone to inspect. We weren't even discussing the costs or the hourly rate, no mention at all of it as we would have been prepared to pay whatever they asked for.

Well the smae thing was told to her/us.

"Not cleaning above arm height, and
No cleaning of windows tracks , windows etc."

So, what's the point..... We wanted the windows cleaned, that's what we wanted in the first place.

"
"Not cleaning above arm height
No cleaning of fans, windows tracks , windows etc."

That's exctly what happened to my wife. The house is old style (We live in a farm) and there are many windows and French Doors. We contacted someone to do the job, they sent someone to inspect. We weren't even discussing the costs or the hourly rate, no mention at all of it as we would have been prepared to pay whatever they asked for.

Well the smae thing was told to her/us.

"Not cleaning above arm height, and
No cleaning of windows tracks , windows etc."

So, what's the point..... We wanted the windows cleaned, that's what we wanted in the first place.
It's a rort exploited by too many.

• Angry
Reactions: JayKay and Joy Rush
The world of someone being sued after falling from a greater height than arm high, or getting fingers caught in a fan, or falling thru a window whilst cleaning it! Thus the fear (from insurance companies?) that every cleaner might do these things & sue employers or home owner! Crazy times!

Reactions: RACHA
When I had a vertebral fracture, I had a cleaner for 12 months.
As well as the above stipulations, there was no moving of furniture, so underneath the couch and chairs was not vacuumed.
She could have bent a little and vacuumed underneath, but no, they should be moved, according to said cleaner.
I can understand not moving beds, despite them being on castors.

When I had a vertebral fracture, I had a cleaner for 12 months.
As well as the above stipulations, there was no moving of furniture, so underneath the couch and chairs was not vacuumed.
She could have bent a little and vacuumed underneath, but no, they should be moved, according to said cleaner.
I can understand not moving beds, despite them being on castors.
I too have had back issues for many years but have been lucky enough to be able to clean myself. I was also lucky enough to have the best cleaners I could have found clean for me when I wasn't able.

I can fully understand though why people ask those red flag questions.
Especially the disabled who can't do Windows, walls,fans etc.
There's a great opportunity out there for real cleaners to break this "governed" type cleaning rort.
So much paid for by taxpayer money and "cleaning" as useful as the proverbial on a boar pig.
Questions need to be asked as to why the disabled and aged care packages are not providing the service they are being paid for.
Who is supposed to be checking on these people ?

View attachment 8640

View attachment 8641

Key Takeaways

since when do "cleaners" do laundry?