This budget hair loss ointment is finally available in pill form!

Hair loss can be a difficult condition to deal with, both emotionally and physically.

Many people who suffer from hair loss view it as a problem that needs to be fixed. They may feel self-conscious and embarrassed about their appearance, and may even avoid social situations as a result.

There are a number of treatments available for hair loss, but unfortunately, not all of them are effective. Some people may choose to simply accept their hair loss, while others may continue to search for a solution.

For those of you who are looking for a solution to this problem, did you know that this $0.57 hair loss prevention pill has been around for decades?

You read that right, folks! Apparently, this remedy has only recently gained popularity as an off-label treatment as many people use it for different purposes.

Rgqj5-kpGLQ2TWve5gUXb9PDJdBEU8qPkUZzl42bTvHZcogDnUkT6HHEL35kXFT_d9FZV_YuWZbwUbDH2-dui8_8W8-cJq6j-EJSmNRMkwNv-ZJiJH84xlrAP5uq4aUjJikrcasTgGLUUNwCjdMjeg

Better known as its commercial ointment formulation, minoxidil is said to stimulate hair growth. Credit: SGPharma.com.

Minoxidil, better known as Rogaine, was approved by the FDA in the 1980s as a topical solution to help regrow lost hair. However, more and more doctors are prescribing it as a low-dose pill, which has been shown to be more effective.

Although there are many hair loss prevention products available on the market, Minoxidil is gaining popularity due to its success stories. Despite the drug not being approved by the FDA for use as a pill to prevent hair loss, more and more doctors are suggesting it for patients.

Minoxidil works by using enzymes present in hair follicles to break the drug down into an active form, which stimulates the growth of new hairs.

Patients typically dread leaving the medication on their heads for at least four hours every day. But, as doctors have discovered, when the medication is taken orally as a pill it is still broken down into the active form that causes hair regrowth.

Dr Rodney Sinclair, a dermatologist at the University of Melbourne, discovered the initial finding after treating a female patient with pattern baldness who swore by Rogaine but began developing an allergic response to the product.

Through testing, he discovered that the drug remained effective when the dose was lowered to one-fortieth of that in the original pill, and he then started prescribing it. Sinclair offered the patient quartered minoxidil pills as an alternative to the whole pills. The low dose allowed her hair to continue to grow but did not cause the rash or affect blood pressure — another use for the drug.

6QIvRciZQKhHt-pS_17E10rKf1NQuFCkgjtyrQ7S2CJ0aLrALADJvOFVZ1sEKMl-0CcqY83-PpEOB4ROr5YhKsi-G7BYogRFIRQO7xHiJS1qOdSDpg8llp9-b7QWN7_VVWA7bPirdaSPPxN6cxqPgw

Baldness can be attributed to varying factors such as genetics. Credit: The Daily Mail via Getty Images/EyeEm.

After giving the pill to more than 100 women in a row, he presented his findings at a symposium in Miami in 2015. Now, he has prescribed it to almost 10,000 patients.

Now, other GPs are also following his example and administering the medication to individuals with pattern baldness.

It should be noted, however, that the pill will not work on completely bald people as there are no more hair follicles to stimulate.

Since it is unlikely that businesses will turn a profit, no FDA-approved minoxidil trial has been conducted to date, and it is unlikely that one will be.

Doctors advise that minoxidil dosages for patients might start as low as 1mg.

Dermatologists will continue to administer the medication off-label to patients who request it since they believe it to be safe for usage in this manner.

Whatever your personal views on hair loss, it is important to remember that you are not alone. There are millions of people all over the world who are dealing with this condition. There are also many resources available to help you cope with hair loss.

Also, we highly recommend checking in with your GP before trying new medication to ensure that you are completely safe from any side effects and other complications that it may bring you. Stay safe out there, folks!

Sponsored
I always had really thick hair, impossible to control and with a mind of its own, however, A Cancer diagnosis and resulting Chemotherapy, changed all of that. My oncologist told me that my hair would not fall out that it would just break off, leaving some areas of my hair much thinner, than others. How right he was, my normally very thick hair is no more and although I survived the Cancer my hair did not. Trying not to be sad about it as it is only vanity and I am still alive, just with very thin and very Grey hair, it is still a shock when I see myself in a mirror.

• Sad
Reactions: Jennylolo and Ricci
Hair loss can be a difficult condition to deal with, both emotionally and physically.

Many people who suffer from hair loss view it as a problem that needs to be fixed. They may feel self-conscious and embarrassed about their appearance, and may even avoid social situations as a result.

There are a number of treatments available for hair loss, but unfortunately, not all of them are effective. Some people may choose to simply accept their hair loss, while others may continue to search for a solution.

For those of you who are looking for a solution to this problem, did you know that this $0.57 hair loss prevention pill has been around for decades?

You read that right, folks! Apparently, this remedy has only recently gained popularity as an off-label treatment as many people use it for different purposes.

Rgqj5-kpGLQ2TWve5gUXb9PDJdBEU8qPkUZzl42bTvHZcogDnUkT6HHEL35kXFT_d9FZV_YuWZbwUbDH2-dui8_8W8-cJq6j-EJSmNRMkwNv-ZJiJH84xlrAP5uq4aUjJikrcasTgGLUUNwCjdMjeg

Better known as its commercial ointment formulation, minoxidil is said to stimulate hair growth. Credit: SGPharma.com.

Minoxidil, better known as Rogaine, was approved by the FDA in the 1980s as a topical solution to help regrow lost hair. However, more and more doctors are prescribing it as a low-dose pill, which has been shown to be more effective.

Although there are many hair loss prevention products available on the market, Minoxidil is gaining popularity due to its success stories. Despite the drug not being approved by the FDA for use as a pill to prevent hair loss, more and more doctors are suggesting it for patients.

Minoxidil works by using enzymes present in hair follicles to break the drug down into an active form, which stimulates the growth of new hairs.

Patients typically dread leaving the medication on their heads for at least four hours every day. But, as doctors have discovered, when the medication is taken orally as a pill it is still broken down into the active form that causes hair regrowth.

Dr Rodney Sinclair, a dermatologist at the University of Melbourne, discovered the initial finding after treating a female patient with pattern baldness who swore by Rogaine but began developing an allergic response to the product.

Through testing, he discovered that the drug remained effective when the dose was lowered to one-fortieth of that in the original pill, and he then started prescribing it. Sinclair offered the patient quartered minoxidil pills as an alternative to the whole pills. The low dose allowed her hair to continue to grow but did not cause the rash or affect blood pressure — another use for the drug.

6QIvRciZQKhHt-pS_17E10rKf1NQuFCkgjtyrQ7S2CJ0aLrALADJvOFVZ1sEKMl-0CcqY83-PpEOB4ROr5YhKsi-G7BYogRFIRQO7xHiJS1qOdSDpg8llp9-b7QWN7_VVWA7bPirdaSPPxN6cxqPgw

Baldness can be attributed to varying factors such as genetics. Credit: The Daily Mail via Getty Images/EyeEm.

After giving the pill to more than 100 women in a row, he presented his findings at a symposium in Miami in 2015. Now, he has prescribed it to almost 10,000 patients.

Now, other GPs are also following his example and administering the medication to individuals with pattern baldness.

It should be noted, however, that the pill will not work on completely bald people as there are no more hair follicles to stimulate.

Since it is unlikely that businesses will turn a profit, no FDA-approved minoxidil trial has been conducted to date, and it is unlikely that one will be.

Doctors advise that minoxidil dosages for patients might start as low as 1mg.

Dermatologists will continue to administer the medication off-label to patients who request it since they believe it to be safe for usage in this manner.

Whatever your personal views on hair loss, it is important to remember that you are not alone. There are millions of people all over the world who are dealing with this condition. There are also many resources available to help you cope with hair loss.

Also, we highly recommend checking in with your GP before trying new medication to ensure that you are completely safe from any side effects and other complications that it may bring you. Stay safe out there, folks!
So they weren’t happy to leave the solution on their scalp for too long but they’re ok with ingesting this FDA untrialled drug into their body!!! Wow…I question their intelligence & the ethics of the doctors prescribing it…

Reactions: Dee G and Ricci
I am glad that now there is a drug, minoxidil, in the form of pills because the ointment is not very convenient. To be honest, minoxidil is not really effective for complicated forms of hair loss. It is more of a preventive agent that stimulates hair growth. I periodically take it to make my hair thicker. If you suffer from severe hair loss beyond the control of medication, a hair transplant is your only option. I have several friends who have had hair transplants after an illness. If you are interested in this issue, you can find the information you need at https://www.novahairtransplantnyc.com/fue-hair-transplant-nyc/.

Last edited:
I agree, it's a strange story. This article tells us about the positive effect of taking pills, but what about the negative? Women had reasons to be afraid of the excessive effect of the ointment on the scalp. I don't see a fundamental difference between how this or that substance enters your body. I agreed to experiment with excipients when I read about burdock root benefits. Medicinal products based on plant components cause more trust than the chemistry of unknown origin.

Last edited:
Apologies for reviving a months-old thread, but maybe, someone is hunting for similar info. It's great to hear that there's a budget-friendly option for those dealing with hair loss. It's good to know that doctors are suggesting Minoxidil as a potential solution, and I hope it continues to show success for those who try it out. While Minoxidil pills may work for some, others may require a more specialized and targeted approach to hair loss treatment. That's where a reputable hair transplant clinic like the one located at https://goo.gl/maps/wqRwnyAEp4ejWQDk9 can be incredibly helpful. They have the expertise and technology to provide professional guidance and treatments tailored to your individual needs. If you're struggling with hair loss, it's always worth considering all your options and reaching out to a trusted clinic for help.

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for sharing this information about Minoxidil! I had no idea that it could be taken orally as a pill and be even more effective for hair loss prevention. It's always great to hear about new remedies that are accessible and affordable. I also found some helpful tips to prevent hair loss, such as reducing stress and incorporating vitamins and minerals into my diet. By the way, I recently discovered a helpful source about hair-growing masks, and I've been trying them out with great results! If anyone's interested, check out this link: https://hairfolli.com/blogs/news/top-8-hair-growth-masks-that-work. And by the way, I'm new to this forum, so it's great to be a part of this community!

Last edited: