This $8 Kmart item can simplify your meal prep routine: ‘They are fantastic’

Kmart has long been a haven for shoppers looking for budget-friendly items without skimping on quality or functionality.

It's a place where you can find almost anything you need for your home, and often, you'll stumble upon a product that makes you wonder how you ever lived without it.

Well, it seems Kmart has done it again, and this time, it's all about revolutionising your kitchen routine with a $8 container that's got shoppers buzzing with excitement.

The item in question is a Kmart $8 2L Glass Food Storage, but it's not just any container. This one boasts a game-changing feature that has captured the attention of Tara Louise, a social media personality.

Tara, known for her simple saving tips, took to social media to share her discovery.

Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 8.40.47 AM.png
This $8 Kmart item is a game-changer for storing food. Credit: Kmart

‘I don't know whether these have been on the shelves for a little while, and I've just missed it, but this is something that's going to make life just that little bit easier,’ she said.

So, what's the big deal about this container?

It's a multitasking marvel designed to withstand the microwave, oven, dishwasher, and freezer. This means you can cook, store, reheat, and even freeze your meals all in the same container.

‘You've got this amazing lid,’ Tara explained, ‘So if you do a little morning quiche, little zucchini slice or something for breakfast, you can literally bake it in your container, let it cool down, pop your lid on it, put it in the fridge and grab for your breakfast the next morning.’

The containers come in various sizes, from 500ml, perfect for single servings, to a generous 2.7L size, ideal for family meals.

And with prices ranging from $4 to $10, these containers are not only practical but also affordable.

It's no wonder the comments section of Tara's video exploded with praise for this time-saving solution.

Customers have quickly expressed their love for these containers, with one follower exclaiming, 'Oh, these look so great!'

Another added, ‘We have quite a few, and we love them!’

‘I use the smaller ones all the time. They are fantastic!’ a third added.

Another commenter shared, ‘I've been using them for over a year. The 1L is perfect for my son, and it freezes well and is easy enough to fit in my air fryer.’

Others have shared their personal experiences, noting how they've replaced more expensive brands like Tupperware and Pyrex with Kmart's budget-friendly alternative without sacrificing quality or functionality.

It's worth noting that a comparable 2.6L Pyrex container could cost around $22.95, and a 1L Tupperware version might set you back at $23.

Kmart's version, however, offers the same benefits at a fraction of the price, making it an irresistible addition to your kitchen arsenal.

You can watch Tara’s video below:

Credit: @taralouisesmartsavings / TikTok

Whether you're meal prepping for the week, storing leftovers, or simply looking for a more convenient way to handle your cooking and storage needs, these Kmart containers are worth checking out.

To level up your meal prep game, Kmart also has another item for you!

In a previous story, a $19 Kmart item was revealed to be a game-changer for anyone looking to streamline their weekly meal planning. You can check out the Kmart item here.
Key Takeaways
  • Kmart's latest kitchen product, a $8 2L Glass Food Storage with multifunctional capabilities, has been highly praised by shoppers for its convenience.
  • The containers offer versatility as they are microwave, oven, dishwasher, and freezer safe and feature airtight and watertight lids.
  • Pricing for the containers ranges from $4 to $10, making them a budget-friendly option for meal prep and storage.
  • Shoppers have shared positive feedback about the containers, highlighting their usefulness in food preparation and cost-effectiveness compared to similar products from other brands.
Have you tried these Kmart containers, or do you have a similar product that you swear by? Share your experiences and tips in the comments below!

Sponsored
I have these containers but I prefer the glass pyrex dishes which can be used in the fridge or the 3 litre also goes in the oven. Big W , woolworths and Coles often have them for 50 % off . The seals are better than the kmart ones but in saying that the kmart ones are still good
6_4ca13db5-8e14-4edd-8de9-79b39dd50046.jpg

Last edited:
I have these containers and yes they are fantastic. Just one word of warning.... please read the information on the sleeve of the product. If you take it from freezer to oven, the maximum oven temperature is only 120c. So my advice would be to defrost first, then oven.😁

Originally bought mine from ikea which are great as they fit inside each other but the Kmart ones are great too

i could have told her this months ago. I went all glass with my containers from very small to baking meat size. from oblong sizes to round sizes. WHATS NEW?

It's a multitasking marvel designed to withstand the microwave, oven, dishwasher, and freezer. This means you can cook, store, reheat, and even freeze your meals all in the same container. Evidently the only thing you, can't do is shag in it?

• Haha
Reactions: Veggiepatch
i could have told her this months ago. I went all glass with my containers from very small to baking meat size. from oblong sizes to round sizes. WHATS NEW?
I did the same thing but I've had a couple of them crack in the freezer. I put them in the freezer when cold. You can't feel the crack on the in or outside surfaces.

I threw those out but was wondering if you'd had that happen.