This $4 Kmart product is fixing a problem we all struggle with

Have you ever had one of those moments where you're sporting your favourite jumper only to have some unwanted guests decide to adorn it, specifically lint and dog hair?

Thanks to technological advancements and ingenious tips popping up every day, our battle with lint is on the verge of becoming history.

We recently stumbled upon a product creating a stir among Australian shoppers.

Say hello to Kmart's In Wash Lint Catcher, a smart and pocket-friendly tool that removes lint and dog hair from your laundry.

compressed-lint2.jpeg
You can catch all the lint and stray hair from your clothes and prevent it from blocking your washing machine with these lint catchers. Source: Kmart

The product was put under the magnifying glass by Aussie social media user Amelia Liddy who is recognised for her insightful tips and honest product reviews.

'When I started my content journey, I made it all about laundry. The number one question you asked every day was about lint removal and dog hair removal. And now Kmart has come out with this product—in-wash lint collectors.’ she shared.

Unlike lint rollers, these are circular sticky pads designed to jump straight into the wash with your clothes or be used directly on fabrics.

Amelia was full of hope, as could be seen in her claim: ‘If this product really works, I know it’s gonna be that golden product that’s in every single household laundry in Australia.’

Unwrapping her purchase, Amelia narrated, 'As I peel this away, you can see it’s super sticky, so it leaves no residue whatsoever. Unlike normal sticky rollers, you can reuse this over and over.’

Before tossing it into the washer, Amelia tested the product on a dust-riddled coat that had been resting in her wardrobe.

'This dust was so caked on,' she remarked while working the sticky pad repeatedly across the surface.

Amelia tried washing a jumper with a lot of lint, but it didn't work as expected. Instead, the jumper got stuck to the side of the drum.

compressed-lint.jpeg
Lint or hair can be removed directly, or place catcher in the washing machine with affected items. Source: Kmart

Undeterred, she decided to give it another shot. She placed a new lint catcher in the washing machine and a dirtier jumper this time.

Unfortunately, the second attempt was also unsuccessful.

It’s unclear whether the fault was with the washing machine or the lint catcher.

Regardless, Amelia deemed the lint collector efficient and recommended it for direct use on fabric.

Shoppers also shared their verdicts. One said, ‘I love you, Kmart, but this one needs to be rebranded.’

Another shared, ‘I have these, and they haven’t successfully removed dog hair from my washing at all.’

A third, ‘I found they work directly on things, but not in the wash. Which makes sense as they aren’t sticky when wet and cleaned by water!’

Watch Amelia’s video here:

Key Takeaways
  • A $4 Kmart product that promises to remove lint and stray hairs from the laundry is being (mostly) praised by shoppers.
  • Aussie social media user, Amelia Liddy, reviewed the in-wash lint catcher and shared that the product is effective when used directly on fabric but did not work in the washing machine.
  • Shoppers shared mixed verdicts on the product, with some also finding that it didn’t remove lint in the wash, while others claimed it worked well for them.
  • Despite the mixed feedback, Liddy said she would keep using the product as it's reusable and a sustainable replacement for her old rolling lint collectors.

Just remember, every household problem comes with a solution, and sometimes, the answer might just cost $4.

Always approach online reviews with a discerning eye, considering factors like user skill, the machine model, fabric type, and others.

Have you ever struggled with lint and dog hair on your clothes? Feel free to share your experiences and any tips or products you've found helpful in keeping them clean and lint-free.

• Haha
Reactions: Lesle and NannyBee
Sponsored
Have you ever had one of those moments where you're sporting your favourite jumper only to have some unwanted guests decide to adorn it, specifically lint and dog hair?

Thanks to technological advancements and ingenious tips popping up every day, our battle with lint is on the verge of becoming history.

Say hello to Kmart's In Wash Lint Catcher, a smart and pocket-friendly tool that removes lint and dog hair from your laundry.

View attachment 25791
You can catch all the lint and stray hair from your clothes and prevent it from blocking your washing machine with these lint catchers. Source: Kmart

The product was put under the magnifying glass by Aussie social media user Amelia Liddy who is recognised for her insightful tips and honest product reviews.

'When I started my content journey, I made it all about laundry. The number one question you asked every day was about lint removal and dog hair removal. And now Kmart has come out with this product—in-wash lint collectors.’ she shared.

Unlike lint rollers, these are circular sticky pads designed to jump straight into the wash with your clothes or be used directly on fabrics.

Amelia was full of hope, as could be seen in her claim: ‘If this product really works, I know it’s gonna be that golden product that’s in every single household laundry in Australia.’

Unwrapping her purchase, Amelia narrated, 'As I peel this away, you can see it’s super sticky, so it leaves no residue whatsoever. Unlike normal sticky rollers, you can reuse this over and over.’

Before tossing it into the washer, Amelia tested the product on a dust-riddled coat that had been resting in her wardrobe.

'This dust was so caked on,' she remarked while working the sticky pad repeatedly across the surface.

Amelia tried washing a jumper with a lot of lint, but it didn't work as expected. Instead, the jumper got stuck to the side of the drum.

View attachment 25792
Lint or hair can be removed directly, or place catcher in the washing machine with affected items. Source: Kmart

Undeterred, she decided to give it another shot. She placed a new lint catcher in the washing machine and a dirtier jumper this time.

It’s unclear whether the fault was with the washing machine or the lint catcher.

Regardless, Amelia deemed the lint collector efficient and recommended it for direct use on fabric.

Shoppers also shared their verdicts. One said, ‘I love you, Kmart, but this one needs to be rebranded.’

Another shared, ‘I have these, and they haven’t successfully removed dog hair from my washing at all.’

A third, ‘I found they work directly on things, but not in the wash. Which makes sense as they aren’t sticky when wet and cleaned by water!’

Key Takeaways

• A $4 Kmart product that promises to remove lint and stray hairs from the laundry is being (mostly) praised by shoppers.
  • Aussie social media user, Amelia Liddy, reviewed the in-wash lint catcher and shared that the product is effective when used directly on fabric but did not work in the washing machine.
  • Shoppers shared mixed verdicts on the product, with some also finding that it didn’t remove lint in the wash, while others claimed it worked well for them.
  • Despite the mixed feedback, Liddy said she would keep using the product as it's reusable and a sustainable replacement for her old rolling lint collectors.

Just remember, every household problem comes with a solution, and sometimes, the answer might just cost $4.

Always approach online reviews with a discerning eye, considering factors like user skill, the machine model, fabric type, and others.

Have you ever struggled with lint and dog hair on your clothes? Feel free to share your experiences and any tips or products you've found helpful in keeping them clean and lint-free.

I bought them on line a few years ago and they didn’t work then

• Haha
Reactions: Defiant540 and Gsr

View attachment 25791

View attachment 25792

Key Takeaways

So, let me get this, the product didn't work, but she recommended it anyway???🤦

View attachment 25791

View attachment 25792

Key Takeaways

Hey, that's cheap!
I got suckered on wish for 2 'jelly' like ones on Wish for more than that with the postage and they felt awful to handle. Will have to get some from Kmart and try them.

I was willing to give it a try, however, like everything that gets advertised by the SDC website always seems to be sold out when I go looking for them. Maybe I should just stick with a quick cycle in the dryer with the wool balls and that takes care of the dog hair.

Reactions: Gaena

View attachment 25791

View attachment 25792

Key Takeaways

me thinks they are really supposed to be used in a dryer

Reactions: Gaena
Will give them a try if l can get them. Willget back to you

I was willing to give it a try, however, like everything that gets advertised by the SDC website always seems to be sold out when I go looking for them. Maybe I should just stick with a quick cycle in the dryer with the wool balls and that takes care of the dog hair.