This $3 ALDI dessert secret ingredient is causing a divide—love it or hate it?

The world of desserts is vast and varied, with many flavours and ingredients to suit every palate.

However, one particular dessert offering from ALDI has caused quite a stir among shoppers.

The reason? An unexpected ingredient that has divided opinions!

Retailing for $3, the Deli Originals Fresh Brownie Batter Flavoured Dessert Dip has managed to polarise the ALDI customer base into two distinct factions—those who adore it and those who are less than thrilled by it.

The question is, how could a dessert with a brownie flavour be anything but delectable?

Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 10.41.34 AM.png
This ALDI Dessert Dip received a swarm of reactions online when someone shared her unique way of enjoying it. Credit: ALDI / Facebook

The answer lies in the surprising addition of chickpeas!

The dessert dip first gained popularity thanks to an online video by Adrian Widjy, which has since garnered over 200,000 views.

If the dip sounds oddly familiar, that’s because it is! It hit headlines in previous years for its divisive taste much like it’s doing today.

Now, a post on social media recently reignited the debate, and it all began with one creative shopper sharing her unique way of enjoying the gluten- and dairy-free dip.

'My new discovery: I’ve been getting ALDI dessert hummus for years, but the other night I thought, hmmm, what if I put it in a milkshake? AND IT WAS DELICIOUS,' she shared with the group.

'It literally tasted like a chocolate chip milkshake. Just replace the chocolate syrup with the hummus.'

‘I know it sounds weird and gross, but if you are willing to be a little adventurous, try it out!’

Her suggestion, however, was met with mixed reactions.

Some were sceptical, with one person saying: 'I tried the dessert hummus at ALDI and gagged, it was beyond disgusting.'

‘So bitter, not a fan. Won't be trying again,’ another said.

‘The texture was strange and would be even weirder in a milkshake,’ a third claimed.

A fourth replied, ‘A chickpea milkshake? No, thank you.’

You can watch Adrian Widjy’s video here:

Source: @adrianwidjy / TikTok​

Others were more open to the idea, with one person saying: 'Genius! Such a good way to add protein to a shake without powder.'

Another said, ‘Yum, looks so delicious! Amazing for sneaking veggies in for the kids, too.’

‘Great idea! I would add some peppermint extract to make it mint-choc flavoured,’ one suggested.

However, others pointed out the elephant in the room in the woman’s photo.

‘Weird question, do you have your hummus milkshake in the shower?’ one asked.

The woman replied, ‘Yes, my milkshake is in a holder attached to the shower wall. I have a bath with a book, a candle and a milkshake often as self-care.’

The chickpea dessert dip from ALDI is a part of this trend. Whether it's a hit or a miss depends largely on individual taste preferences. However, one thing is clear—it has certainly sparked a conversation and made people think about the potential of chickpeas in a new light.

As we age, we tend to have more time on our hands, and for many of us, that means rediscovering our love for cooking and baking. That also means finding the best ingredient to spice up your meals and pastries.

But did you know there is one pantry staple that can make your desserts more delicious? Find out what secret ingredient this is here!
Key Takeaways
  • ALDI's Deli Originals Fresh Brownie Batter Flavoured Dessert Dip, containing chickpeas, has divided consumers.
  • Some shoppers enjoyed the innovative dip, mixing it in milkshakes, while others found the taste and texture off-putting.
  • The dessert dip achieved viral status on social media due to its unusual ingredient and has a dedicated following.
  • One inventive customer's combination of the dessert dip with a milkshake was met with mixed reactions and sparked creative suggestions for its use.
So, what's your take on this? Are you a fan of the chickpea dessert dip, or does the idea make you cringe? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
The world of desserts is vast and varied, with many flavours and ingredients to suit every palate.

However, one particular dessert offering from ALDI has caused quite a stir among shoppers.

Retailing for $3, the Deli Originals Fresh Brownie Batter Flavoured Dessert Dip has managed to polarise the ALDI customer base into two distinct factions—those who adore it and those who are less than thrilled by it.

The question is, how could a dessert with a brownie flavour be anything but delectable?

View attachment 39464
This ALDI Dessert Dip received a swarm of reactions online when someone shared her unique way of enjoying it. Credit: ALDI / Facebook

The dessert dip first gained popularity thanks to an online video by Adrian Widjy, which has since garnered over 200,000 views.

If the dip sounds oddly familiar, that’s because it is! It hit headlines in previous years for its divisive taste much like it’s doing today.

Now, a post on social media recently reignited the debate, and it all began with one creative shopper sharing her unique way of enjoying the gluten- and dairy-free dip.

'My new discovery: I’ve been getting ALDI dessert hummus for years, but the other night I thought, hmmm, what if I put it in a milkshake? AND IT WAS DELICIOUS,' she shared with the group.

'It literally tasted like a chocolate chip milkshake. Just replace the chocolate syrup with the hummus.'

‘I know it sounds weird and gross, but if you are willing to be a little adventurous, try it out!’

Some were sceptical, with one person saying: 'I tried the dessert hummus at ALDI and gagged, it was beyond disgusting.'

‘The texture was strange and would be even weirder in a milkshake,’ a third claimed.

Others were more open to the idea, with one person saying: 'Genius! Such a good way to add protein to a shake without powder.'

Another said, ‘Yum, looks so delicious! Amazing for sneaking veggies in for the kids, too.’

‘Great idea! I would add some peppermint extract to make it mint-choc flavoured,’ one suggested.

The woman replied, ‘Yes, my milkshake is in a holder attached to the shower wall. I have a bath with a book, a candle and a milkshake often as self-care.’

The chickpea dessert dip from ALDI is a part of this trend. Whether it's a hit or a miss depends largely on individual taste preferences. However, one thing is clear—it has certainly sparked a conversation and made people think about the potential of chickpeas in a new light.

As we age, we tend to have more time on our hands, and for many of us, that means rediscovering our love for cooking and baking. That also means finding the best ingredient to spice up your meals and pastries.

But did you know there is one pantry staple that can make your desserts more delicious? Find out what secret ingredient this is here!
Key Takeaways

• ALDI's Deli Originals Fresh Brownie Batter Flavoured Dessert Dip, containing chickpeas, has divided consumers.
  • Some shoppers enjoyed the innovative dip, mixing it in milkshakes, while others found the taste and texture off-putting.
  • The dessert dip achieved viral status on social media due to its unusual ingredient and has a dedicated following.
  • One inventive customer's combination of the dessert dip with a milkshake was met with mixed reactions and sparked creative suggestions for its use.
So, what's your take on this? Are you a fan of the chickpea dessert dip, or does the idea make you cringe? Let us know in the comments below!

If I have to be honest with all of you here as I will never know (for now at least) because I dropped Woolies and Aldi for my shopping list ever since they came out against Australia Day.
Will I ever change my mind.? That remains to be seen but I have to tell you that for the last two weeks I just drove past their stores and went to the opposition.
If these people do not support our ways of life and even interfere with it, well IMO it is about time to show them that they are 150% wrong. We are Australians aren't we not.?

If I have to be honest with all of you here as I will never know (for now at least) because I dropped Woolies and Aldi for my shopping list ever since they came out against Australia Day.
Will I ever change my mind.? That remains to be seen but I have to tell you that for the last two weeks I just drove past their stores and went to the opposition.
If these people do not support our ways of life and even interfere with it, well IMO it is about time to show them that they are 150% wrong. We are Australians aren't we not.?
Aldi is a GERMAN supermarket in Australia. I go where I can afford food, clothes, etc.

View attachment 39464

Key Takeaways

I don't know what the fuss is about, I recently started eating plant based whole food diet for my health and yesterday I made chocolate brownies with chickpea flour and they are scrumptious!

View attachment 39464

Key Takeaways

Each to their own, I find these thing's funny 😁 😂 😀

Jarred Santos I have been unwell for the past couple of months and have only been on the plant based diet for about a month but I do feel a few improvements since starting it. Although I feel a lot fuller and satisfied than I used to I am definitely not as bloated after eating and with all the fibre I am more regular than I was. I have no processed meats like bacon but I have not gone fully vegan and still eat meat, chicken, fish and cheese but in smaller amounts than I used to. Instead of my meal being half and half it is now at least three quarters vegetables, nuts, hemp seeds, and other nut or seed meals mixed in with my veggies. I am enjoying preparing my meals and eating again too instead of just throwing something in the air fryer just because I have to eat. It has been a bit expensive changing my pantry to all plant based/gluten free ingredients but I think it has been worth it. I don't have to give up my favourite recipes and treats either as most recipes work with plant based substitution for flours, milk, butter, sugar etc. When it comes to baking the most wonderful ingredient is a sugar substitute called powdered monkfruit which has zero calories...no more feeling guilty about eating sugar loaded cake!

I love ALDI ♥
Well it is your priority as we live in a free democratic Country. Ae we not.?
Good luck with you but I will keep my own personal opinion in this matter and acted accordingly. I even got to the extent of cancelling my Woolies award card and unsubscribed for their emailing list (And I have to tell you that I am only a New Australian who loves this Country and assimilated with a gorgeous Australian woman and we have three beautiful children and now granchildren and greatgrandchildren.
How can anyone be able to spit on the hand that is feeding them.?
I REST MY CASE.!

Aldi is a GERMAN supermarket in Australia. I go where I can afford food, clothes, etc.
Well that is more of the reason that they should keep their own ideas out of Australian people. just look at the current situation in Germany and then tell me. Look at what the Americans did to their much love beer BUD LIGHT which I believe is owned by a Dutch conglomerate. They have practically being sent broke. And so they should.
These International conglomerate have to learn that they are there to service the people's needs and not to interfere with their host Countries laws and customs.
SHAME IN THEM.

Well you can make awesome pavlova from the liquid in a tin of chickpeas,so why not try this and add some more goodness to your diet. I think it’s worth a try. When I saw the recipe for the pav I thought what can it hurt using something I normally throw out. Tried it and fell in love with it. No more using eggs and then trying to find something to use the yokes for after using the whites for a Pav. I never tell people until the lab has all been eaten. They are surprised but happy I didn’t tell them and doing The same now

Reactions: Knell
Jarred Santos I have been unwell for the past couple of months and have only been on the plant based diet for about a month but I do feel a few improvements since starting it. Although I feel a lot fuller and satisfied than I used to I am definitely not as bloated after eating and with all the fibre I am more regular than I was. I have no processed meats like bacon but I have not gone fully vegan and still eat meat, chicken, fish and cheese but in smaller amounts than I used to. Instead of my meal being half and half it is now at least three quarters vegetables, nuts, hemp seeds, and other nut or seed meals mixed in with my veggies. I am enjoying preparing my meals and eating again too instead of just throwing something in the air fryer just because I have to eat. It has been a bit expensive changing my pantry to all plant based/gluten free ingredients but I think it has been worth it. I don't have to give up my favourite recipes and treats either as most recipes work with plant based substitution for flours, milk, butter, sugar etc. When it comes to baking the most wonderful ingredient is a sugar substitute called powdered monkfruit which has zero calories...no more feeling guilty about eating sugar loaded cake!
Sounds great @Mirrimj! Glad you're taking to it so well :D I like how you emphasised how you can still enjoy things without the guilt of excess sugar, etc.