This $2.50 dupe from ALDI is flying off shelves - Here's why foodies can't get enough

Let’s be honest here: Nutella is one of those oh-so-delicious, beloved spreads that we just adore. Who can resist the sweet, creamy, chocolatey, hazelnutty goodness?

It’s fair to say that food lovers have a hard time resisting the deliciousness of Nutella – it goes on sandwiches, spooned into crepes and even tastes great when used as a topping for your favourite ice cream.

That said, even though we all covet this scrumptious spread, we'd also be lying if we said it wasn't expensive. If you need a jar right now, you might have to shell out up to $6.30 at Woolies, or $5.70 at Coles to get a 400g jar.

Clear price hikes, huh? But don't worry - at the SDC, we endeavour to make sure that our members can keep their taste buds and their wallets happy.

If you’re a passionate foodie like us, and you don't want to give up your Nutella-tasting treats, then we've got some good news for you! You can still enjoy the iconic taste of this popular spread at a fraction of the cost!

IMG_0332.jpg
ALDI shoppers are gushing over an extremely affordable chocolate spread that they are calling a 'perfect copy' of Nutella. Credit: Seniors Discount Club.

If you head to ALDI, you’ll find a product that is being hailed ‘a perfect copy of Nutella’, and it’s called Bramwells Chocolate Hazelnut Spread.

Savvy shoppers are singing the praises of the spread, and the fact that it’s available for just $2.49 for a 400g jar has got plenty of them standing in line.

Sharing the product on Facebook, mum-of-two Rachael said that her kids could not even tell the difference between the ALDI dupe and the original Nutella spread.

She wrote: 'My kids love it and don’t know the difference to Nutella. Other cheaper brands they have rejected.'

'This choc hazelnut spread is a very good dupe for Nutella.'

'Almost completely the same in flavour and passed the spoon test with flying colours.'

Many others quickly vouched for its budget-friendly deliciousness, claiming that their kids love the taste and enjoy it even more than the real deal. (Which is really saying something, don’t you think?)

One mom shared: 'Both my sons prefer the ALDI version of Nutella over the actual Nutella.. they love it.'

'I buy the ALDI brand all the time because I love Nutella and would eat it out of the jar that's why I buy the knock off and the kid's like it,' another added.

A third chimed in: 'Shhhh this is the best-kept secret!! Don't ruin it now...'

'My kids prefer the ALDI one, it’s slightly easier to spread and tastes the same according to them,' another said.

66931813-11672715-image-a-15_1674598511249.jpg

Other mums claimed that their kids prefer the ALDI dupe over the original spread. Credit: Facebook.

However, despite the rave reviews, some people were not happy with the recommendation.

Some even went as far as to say that 'no one likes fake Nutella'.

One user pointed out: 'Hate to say it though that while it is a very good hazelnut spread it is NOT Nutella! I love Nutella and will not substitute this.'

Key Takeaways

• ALDI fans are raving about a super cheap chocolate hazelnut spread they are calling a 'perfect copy' of Nutella.
  • The 400g jar of spread costs only $2.49 in ALDI, in comparison to Nutella which is around double the price.
  • Many people found that the ALDI version is better than the branded product.
  • Some people were annoyed at the recommendation because they do not believe it is a good substitute for the real thing.

Regardless, if you’re looking for a delicious, affordable alternative to Nutella, then ALDI’s Bramwells spread is definitely worth a try.

There you have it, folks! Have you tried the Bramwells chocolate hazelnut spread available in ALDI? Better yet, what other budget items have you found in ALDI or your local supermarket that you can’t get enough of? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

Sponsored
Wow if you are a Nutella Lover then this is the product for you! Personally I am not a fan, but hey, there are plenty of others out there who love the taste! Great Find Sean, and I bet lots of grandchildren, and kids and big kids are going to love your discovery! Well Done.

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci
I don't buy it because I would eat it out of the jar but good to know there is a cheaper alternative with the price of groceries sky high at the moment. I had it on crepes every morning when we were on holiday in Paris - yummmo ! Just as well we were only there for a few days !

I have had both, currently nearly out of Nutella but that was because there wasn't an Aldi within cooee at the time and it was on a great special.
But there's now an a Aldi nearby so I'll get a jar - I do eat it by the spoonfull ratrher than a spread as it substitutes when I haven't got chocolate :)
Then I'll taste compare - and I'd like to see the results of a blind taste test panel!
One can compare the nutritional figures but Aldi only show the ingredients and not the quantities or % of each - eg Nutella 13% hazelnuts, 7.4% cocoa solids; Aldi ?? although it depends on the particular branding apparently - the UK .
Now I have just been to Aldi and from the labels - g/100g made as %
Niutella $1.06/100g, 13% hazelnuts, 7.4% cocoa solids; 8.7% total milk solids, 30.9%total fats
. Bramwells 62c/100g 13% hazelnuts, 7.4% cocoa solids; 8.7% total milk solids, 30.9%total fats
I can't tell a taste difference either!