This $12 Coles product could be a better money-saving miracle than professional cleaners!

We all know the feeling: you vacuum every week, tackle the dishes first thing in the morning, and grapple with a never-ending pile of laundry—all while trying to conserve your limited energy.

Household chores can be both exhausting and, at times, surprisingly expensive.

It can also be frustrating when dirt stubbornly refuses to disappear despite your best efforts—like a nasty mould spot on a carpet!

Fortunately, an Aussie woman recently discovered an affordable product that appears to outperform many professional carpet cleaners.

After unsatisfactory results from paid cleaning services, the homeowner decided to try the Dr Beckmann Carpet Stain Remover she picked up at Coles.

Dr Beckmann Carpet Stain Remover.jpg
Dr Beckmann Carpet Brush Cleaner (650mL) - Priced at $12.00, costing just $1.85 for every 100mL. Image source: Coles

‘I've had my carpets steam cleaned twice by two separate companies in the last six weeks in preparation for sale,’ she shared on social media.

‘On both occasions, they could not eliminate a particular mould spot on the bedroom carpet due to water leakage... But after using this supermarket product, the stain disappeared instantly.’

Thoroughly pleased with the outcome, she expressed she'd ‘highly recommend’ the $12 item.

The cleaning product is also available at Woolworths and effectively handles hard-to-remove stains with its unique brush setup.

Meanwhile, her post drew a wave of comments from other enthusiasts.

‘I used this in my car when one of my kids spilled Yogo. Then, I used it for the rest of the car. It looks like brand new carpet,’ one user commented.

‘I love this product. It's the best. I always have one in the cupboard,’ another agreed.

Many vouch for the product's effectiveness on surfaces such as sofas, fabric chairs, automobile seats, and suede footwear.

Additionally, fans of the same brand mentioned that Dr Beckmann Pet Stain & Odour Remover is as effective.

The evaluation by consumer watchdog CHOICE rated the product at 65%.

Although some other carpet cleaning products surpassed its performance, it garnered glowing feedback from CHOICE's user base.

Notably, the Dr Beckmann Carpet Stain Remover achieved a 75% score in red wine stain removal.

For effective stain and odour removal on carpets and sofas, follow these steps using this easy-to-use product.

Remove carpet stains in 3 steps with the Dr Beckmann Carpet Stain Remover.jpg
Remove carpet stains in 3 steps with the Dr Beckmann Carpet Stain Remover

Step one:
First, clear any loose dirt and blot any fresh spills. Shake the product bottle, then squeeze to wet the applicator brush.

Step two:
Position the bottle so the applicator lies flat on the stain. Only apply a moderate amount—let the foam work its magic.

Step three:
Wait for 3 minutes. Afterwards, using a damp white cloth, gently wipe away the stain and product residue.

Additional tips:
  • Stubborn stains might require another application.
  • For pet stains and odours, consider using Dr Beckmann Pet Stain and Odour Remover.
Precautions:
  • Test the product on a hidden spot.
  • Apply a bit, wait 30 minutes, wipe with a damp white cloth, and let dry.
  • Only continue if no change is observed.
  • Always follow care instructions on your carpet/upholstery.
  • Avoid over-application.
  • Steer clear of using materials like leather, suede, silk, or any water-sensitive fabrics.
  • Note: Some stains may cause irreversible discolouration.
Key Takeaways

• An Aussie woman discovered an affordable carpet cleaner, the Dr Beckmann Carpet Stain Remover, at Coles.
  • She was able to remove a mould stain from her carpet that professional cleaning services had failed to remove twice.
  • The woman recommended the $12 product, also available at Woolworths, and her social media post attracted many positive comments.
  • Consumer advocacy group CHOICE gave the product a 65% rating, with users particularly praising its effectiveness at removing red wine stains.
Members, have you ever used Dr Beckmann Carpet Stain Remover? We'd love to hear your experiences in the comments below!

Last edited:
Sponsored
The mould hasn't 'disappeared' it's been covered up, will return, most likely after the settlement of the property once sold. Not possible to make mould 'disappear'. It needs to be cut out, spours will just bloom again in the right conditions: warmth and moist environment(s). In carpet it will be still in the underlay and just waiting.

I use the pet one and find it very effective for removing spots on the carpet

The mould hasn't 'disappeared' it's been covered up, will return, most likely after the settlement of the property once sold. Not possible to make mould 'disappear'. It needs to be cut out, spours will just bloom again in the right conditions: warmth and moist environment(s). In carpet it will be still in the underlay anjd just waiting.
I totally removed mould from the. bathroom of a house many years ago using a mixture told to me by some one who dealt with these sorts of problems professionally .
Unfortunately, can't remember the entire mixture, but the main ingredient was oil of cloves, which he said actually kills the mould spores.
He was right because it never came back.
Exit Mould and bleach etc. only cover it up for a while, it will just come back.
Not too sure about carpet though
, as stated, the underfelt could be a problem.

I use the pet one, it removes some of the stain but not all. It doesn’t remove the odour as my little dog still goes back to the same spot. This is better than others though.

A word from a pro carpet cleaner.
Imagine washing your hair with shampoo and leaving it in your hair. What will happen ? The same applies to spot cleaning products. You put this stuff in your carpet and you leave it there. The sticky residue will attract more dust and you will have a bigger dirty spot than you had before. If you insist on doing your own spot cleaning you would be better off with the spot cleaners that Kmart sell for $99. That way you use the detergent to dissolve the stain and you use the machine to rinse and remove the detergent from the carpet. Just like your hair, use the shampoo first and then rinse with clean water. Don't attempt to remove dye stains with chemicals as you can do more harm than good.

After many years of carpet woes, I finally got myself to the point of having no carpet anywhere in the home.
95% timber and the rest wet areas with tiles.
Best decision I ever made. No more carpet cleaning.
Only problem I ever have with timber is when my sisters doggy comes charging down the hallway to say hello to Auntie Ria. He is all over the place back legs sprawled. It's hilarious.

I use the pet one, it removes some of the stain but not all. It doesn’t remove the odour as my little dog still goes back to the same spot. This is better than others though.
White vinegar usually removes urine smells. I sprayed a rug my pup had peed on and then shampooed it a couple of days later, he hasn't gone back there again.

We all know the feeling: you vacuum every week, tackle the dishes first thing in the morning, and grapple with a never-ending pile of laundry—all while trying to conserve your limited energy.

It can also be frustrating when dirt stubbornly refuses to disappear despite your best efforts—like a nasty mould spot on a carpet!

Fortunately, an Aussie woman recently discovered an affordable product that appears to outperform many professional carpet cleaners.

After unsatisfactory results from paid cleaning services, the homeowner decided to try the Dr Beckmann Carpet Stain Remover she picked up at Coles.

View attachment 32302
Dr Beckmann Carpet Brush Cleaner (650mL) - Priced at $12.00, costing just $1.85 for every 100mL. Image source: Coles

‘I've had my carpets steam cleaned twice by two separate companies in the last six weeks in preparation for sale,’ she shared on social media.

‘On both occasions, they could not eliminate a particular mould spot on the bedroom carpet due to water leakage... But after using this supermarket product, the stain disappeared instantly.’

Thoroughly pleased with the outcome, she expressed she'd ‘highly recommend’ the $12 item.

The cleaning product is also available at Woolworths and effectively handles hard-to-remove stains with its unique brush setup.

‘I used this in my car when one of my kids spilled Yogo. Then, I used it for the rest of the car. It looks like brand new carpet,’ one user commented.

‘I love this product. It's the best. I always have one in the cupboard,’ another agreed.

Many vouch for the product's effectiveness on surfaces such as sofas, fabric chairs, automobile seats, and suede footwear.

Additionally, fans of the same brand mentioned that Dr Beckmann Pet Stain & Odour Remover is as effective.

Although some other carpet cleaning products surpassed its performance, it garnered glowing feedback from CHOICE's user base.

Notably, the Dr Beckmann Carpet Stain Remover achieved a 75% score in red wine stain removal.

For effective stain and odour removal on carpets and sofas, follow these steps using this easy-to-use product.

View attachment 32324

Step one:
First, clear any loose dirt and blot any fresh spills. Shake the product bottle, then squeeze to wet the applicator brush.

Step two:
Position the bottle so the applicator lies flat on the stain. Only apply a moderate amount—let the foam work its magic.

Step three:
Wait for 3 minutes. Afterwards, using a damp white cloth, gently wipe away the stain and product residue.

Additional tips:
  • For pet stains and odours, consider using Dr Beckmann Pet Stain and Odour Remover.
Precautions:
  • Steer clear of using materials like leather, suede, silk, or any water-sensitive fabrics.
Key Takeaways

• An Aussie woman discovered an affordable carpet cleaner, the Dr Beckmann Carpet Stain Remover, at Coles.
  • She was able to remove a mould stain from her carpet that professional cleaning services had failed to remove twice.
  • The woman recommended the $12 product, also available at Woolworths, and her social media post attracted many positive comments.
  • Consumer advocacy group CHOICE gave the product a 65% rating, with users particularly praising its effectiveness at removing red wine stains.
Members, have you ever used Dr Beckmann Carpet Stain Remover? We'd love to hear your experiences in the comments below!
I have used it and it works great

Reactions: Rhondda@Benji
So happy with my house and has no carpets in whatsoever. The robot cleans it for me and just damp and clean when required afterwards.

Reactions: MariaG

View attachment 32302

View attachment 32324

Step one:

Step two:

Step three:

Additional tips:
Precautions:
Key Takeaways

My wife is a professional cleaner and tried this product but was not impressed.

Reactions: MariaG

View attachment 32302

View attachment 32324

Step one:

Step two:

Step three:

Additional tips:
Precautions:
Key Takeaways

Is there an effective way of removing biro marks from a white leather sofa?

Is there an effective way to remove biro marks from a cream sofa?

HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. UNTIL A FRIEND TOLD ME TO SPRINKLE PEPPER AROUND ..THIS DID THE TRICK...OUR LITTLE DOG NO LONGER HEADS OVER THERE