These unusual Christmas Kmart hacks have people stunned: 'Absolutely gorgeous'

It's that time of year again, which means people across the country are starting to get into the Christmas spirit (some of us a little earlier than others!).

If you're one of those people who love to go all out for the festive season, then you'll know how important it is to have a stunning centrepiece on your dining table.

After all, what's Christmas without decorations?

There are so many ways to achieve this, but one hack that has been taking the internet by storm recently is using pool noodles ($2 at Kmart) as table runners. That's right — those bright foam tubes that kids use in swimming pools!

One mum took to Facebook to share her amazing creation laid out in her living room: a table runner wonderfully bedecked with holiday baubles and other bits of decoration looking like it came straight out of a Christmas catalogue.

‘Joined the pool noodle trend and created a table runner. All Kmart except the glitter flowers,’ she said.

82365d30-7032-11ed-bd52-8ca8fe4086chgchgvc.png
One mum stunned people on Facebook after she shared her beautiful pool noodle hack for the holidays. Credit: Facebook

‘I used the $2.50 packs of baubles from Kmart in red, green and gold. I used nine packs in total. It came to about $45.’

Unsurprisingly, she was flooded by questions from like-minded users wanting to know how she pulled her stunning decoration off.

The mum explained that aside from the pool noodle and the baubles, she used bobbie pins to affix the garland to the pool noodle as well as a spare curtain rod to serve as the runner’s spine (preventing the pool noodle from bending).

She also said she didn’t cut the noodle in half lengthwise in response to one user who wondered how the whole thing was made stable.

The mum’s ingenious pool noodle hack encouraged other people to show their own holiday hacks.

8269f051-7032-11ed-974f-9eced768af6khjvg6.png
Who needs pool noodles when you have leftover rolls of wrapping paper? Credit: Facebook

One mum, in particular, shared her own version of centrepieces — but she did hers using the leftover rolls from wrapping paper!

‘I got on the centrepiece bandwagon, but didn't use a pool noodle,’ she shared.

‘I used the rolls from wrapping paper and hot glued the flat disc-like ornaments along the bottom to stabilise and help it sit flat.’

Many found her unique twist on holiday decor delightful.

‘Absolutely gorgeous,’ one user said in awe.

Another added: ‘(Oh my God) I want one! Thank you for the inspiration.’

Be sure to check out other stories we have of how Aussies across the country are letting out their inner artists and DIY rockstars for the holiday season!

For example, some people have started giving their decorations twists that would make Hollywood proud of how masterfully they were done.

Low on space? Fret not — this mum found a stylish way to pull off holiday decor with not much room to work with.

So, what is your reaction to these genius holiday decor hacks?

Share your thoughts and opinions — maybe even your own decor hacks — below!

Source: YouTube/Australian Women’s Life and Style

Sponsored
Our Christmas tree died last Christmas. We weren't too perplexed about that as we knew we would be in our NEW home this Christmas and would buy a noice new one. I really wanted to buy a fresh tree as they are incredible but hubby said no, yet again< so I wasn't in a hurry to run out and buy something else. Our epic holiday came and went and we still didn't have a tree. One Saturday morning he said come on we are going to Kmart to get the tree. I really wasn't in the mood and thought ok ok and would let him get what he wanted to get. He chose this tree that was covered in white stuff, on the box it looked ok, but then again everything on the packaging looks ok. We also had to buy new lights and baubles. I picked up this one string of lights that had 250 teeny weeny lights on it and said this would do. He commented back that 250 was way too many. I said well we can just keep wrapping it around the tree. With our goodies in hand off home we went. He opened the box to get the tree out and it was the tackiest looking thing you have ever seen. I kept my mouth shut and started pulling out the branches and made a comment along the lines of öh well it only has to last a couple of weeks then we can sort something better next year a bit earlier". He finished putting it together and we wound and wound and wound the string of lights around it. He turned it on and WOW it looked amazing. I take my hat off to cheap tacky Kmart Christmas trees!

My various cats have an aversion to Christmas trees (the small ones on the coffee table) so all we have is a quilted tree up on the wall that I made and a stocking for the cat. I would love to put up a tree but you cannot upset the cats;)

My various cats have an aversion to Christmas trees (the small ones on the coffee table) so all we have is a quilted tree up on the wall that I made and a stocking for the cat. I would love to put up a tree but you cannot upset the cats;)
People tell me you can train cats like dogs so are you saying cats can't be trained

Reactions: Penny4
People tell me you can train cats like dogs so are you saying cats can't be trained
My cats have always been rescues, yes they can be trained but if there are some things that scare them badly, even with a lot of hard work, it doesn't necessarily work, I am afraid.

Reactions: Penny4
Some cats can be trained to be obedient but it depends on their personality, if their "I am God" trait is obvious, don't waste your time, it will only lead to tears, (yours not the cat's) My last cat which I still miss very badly was of the personality type I mentioned, would only ever do what he wanted and be damned what my wants were, he was an absolute a hole but I loved him to bits.

• Love
Reactions: Liz and Penny4
Only have one cat now & she's 11.
I find the difference with dogs is because they are pack animals whereas cats aren't. Cats are independent felines, even though they are loving & will please their owners, which is not all of the time!
I also don't put up a Christmas tree. I have lots of small trees around the place which my cat doesn't seem to bother about, except if she wants to rub against them. :sneaky:

• Love
Reactions: Liz
i love watching cat videos where they wait til they are ready to pounce and then blast off ! They jump on the poor lovely tree and bring it down! Some cats even just sit there next to the down tree much to the exasperation of their poor owners!

i love watching cat videos where they wait til they are ready to pounce and then blast off ! They jump on the poor lovely tree and bring it down! Some cats even just sit there next to the down tree much to the exasperation of their poor owners!
Cats sure do crazy antics. My brother owns a Dachshund and he does crazy things too seeing he's so low to the ground lol

Reactions: Liz
Cats are like that hahahahah Dogs can be real buggers too. I use to put candy canes on the tree as decorations and wondered where they all started disappearing to. Then one day I found the culprits. My now departed boxer (RIP Tyson) and her accomplice, my sons border collie cross, helping themselves to the ones down low.

Reactions: Liz and Penny4