melnugro

Feb 24, 2022
The Way it Used to Be

A boy returns home from running an errand for his quarantined grandfather.
He says, "Grandpa, I got all the groceries you wanted! All together, it came to $47.22.
Here's your change."
Grandpa says,
"My goodness, the world is expensive nowadays. When I was a boy your age, I could get five pounds of potatoes, three loaves of bread, two pounds of beef, a jug of milk, a tin of tobacco for my dad, and a handful of my favorite candies, all for about five cents.
"Can't do that today, though. No siree Bob!"
"Why is that, grandpa?" asks the boy.
"Too many bloody cameras."

mOiOz. Yep, I think your mind may have gone to some unintended place. Poor old grandad was using the five finger discount, i.e he was pilfering the goods but had to stop when security cameras were installed.

mOiOz. Yep, I think your mind may have gone to some unintended place. Poor old grandad was using the five finger discount, i.e he was pilfering the goods but had to stop when security cameras were installed.
I get that, but there's still nothing 'crude' about it!

Reactions: Jersey Girl
My apologies mOiOz. On reading your post again I can now see it was posted as a question. I totally agree with you that there is nothing crude about the joke. I must have missed that and can only assume that it was desribed as such in the original SDC link??? If so - you are so right.