The sweet hidden meaning behind Princess Eugenie's newborn baby boy's name – revealed!

In the world of royalty, the birth of a new little prince or princess is always a delightful occasion.

So, in an exciting new announcement, Princess Eugenie, daughter of the Duke and Duchess of York, has just revealed that she's welcomed her second baby boy.

Princess Eugenie, 33, and her husband, Jack Brooksbank, 37, welcomed their second child on 30 May, weighing a healthy 7lb 1oz (3.2kg).

The royal couple decided to name their newborn son Ernest George Ronnie Brooksbank.

baby1.jpg
Princess Eugenie and her husband, Jack, made the announcement on Monday. Credit: Lisa Fotios/Pexels

Princess Eugenie also shared the sweet story behind their little bundle of joy on her social media account, adding a touch of familial sentiment to the occasion.

She wrote: ‘Jack and I wanted to share the news that we had our little boy, Ernest George Ronnie Brooksbank, on 30 May 2023, at 8:49, weighing 7.1lbs. He is named after his great-great-great grandfather, George, his Grandpa George, and my Grandpa Ronald.’

The princess also shared that their eldest child, two-year-old August, has stepped up as a loving big brother in the same social media post, uploading a cute photograph of August tenderly patting his baby brother on the head while he lay in his crib.

August Philip Hawke Brooksbank was born on February 9th, 2021, at the Portland Hospital in London. Princess Eugenie had a caesarean section due to her childhood scoliosis operation on her spine.

baby2.jpg
Little Ernest is now 13th in line to the throne. Credit: princesseugenie/Instagram

This joyous event comes during King Charles’ coronation year, just weeks after the grand ceremony.

Ernest is 13th in line to the throne, and notably, he is the first of Queen Elizabeth II's great-grandchildren born since Her Majesty's passing last September.

In the weeks leading up to her giving birth, Princess Eugenie has been spotted on multiple occasions, showcasing her radiant maternal glow while chatting with royal family admirers at the Coronation Big Lunch and with her sister Princess Beatrice in Buckinghamshire.

Speaking at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Princess Eugenie recently opened up about how motherhood has transformed her life.

She passionately discussed changing her behaviour at home to educate her son, August, with an awareness of environmental preservation and sustainability.

The young princess confessed that her new role as a mother had altered her perspectives and fears, stating: ‘I also think as a mother, you all of a sudden, totally you change, your hormones change, everything changes.

‘I'm scared of flying and things like that, and I would never be before,’ she continued.

Key Takeaways
  • The Duke and Duchess of York’s daughter, Princess Eugenie, has given birth to her second child, a healthy baby boy named Ernest George Ronnie Brooksbank.
  • The name Ernest pays tribute to his great-great-great-Grandfather George (King George V), his Grandpa George (Jack’s father), and the Duchess of York’s father, Ronald.
  • Princess Eugenie shared a photo of the newborn on social media, announcing his birth and revealing his name.
  • Ernest George Ronnie Brooksbank is 13th in line to the throne and the first of Queen Elizabeth II's great-grandchildren to be born since her passing in September.
We look forward to witnessing Ernest's journey alongside his proud parents, Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank, and his doting big brother, August. Best wishes to the growing royal family!

Sponsored
The ups and downs in that family I wouldn't want.
Hopefully the happiness of the baby can blur out that her mother was a frequent visitor at the Epsteins

In the world of royalty, the birth of a new little prince or princess is always a delightful occasion.

So, in an exciting new announcement, Princess Eugenie, daughter of the Duke and Duchess of York, has just revealed that she's welcomed her second baby boy.

Princess Eugenie, 33, and her husband, Jack Brooksbank, 37, welcomed their second child on 30 May, weighing a healthy 7lb 1oz (3.2kg).

The royal couple decided to name their newborn son Ernest George Ronnie Brooksbank.

View attachment 21576
Princess Eugenie and her husband, Jack, made the announcement on Monday. Credit: Lisa Fotios/Pexels

Princess Eugenie also shared the sweet story behind their little bundle of joy on her social media account, adding a touch of familial sentiment to the occasion.

She wrote: ‘Jack and I wanted to share the news that we had our little boy, Ernest George Ronnie Brooksbank, on 30 May 2023, at 8:49, weighing 7.1lbs. He is named after his great-great-great grandfather, George, his Grandpa George, and my Grandpa Ronald.’

The princess also shared that their eldest child, two-year-old August, has stepped up as a loving big brother in the same social media post, uploading a cute photograph of August tenderly patting his baby brother on the head while he lay in his crib.

August Philip Hawke Brooksbank was born on February 9th, 2021, at the Portland Hospital in London. Princess Eugenie had a caesarean section due to her childhood scoliosis operation on her spine.

View attachment 21577
Little Ernest is now 13th in line to the throne. Credit: princesseugenie/Instagram

This joyous event comes during King Charles’ coronation year, just weeks after the grand ceremony.

Ernest is 13th in line to the throne, and notably, he is the first of Queen Elizabeth II's great-grandchildren born since Her Majesty's passing last September.

In the weeks leading up to her giving birth, Princess Eugenie has been spotted on multiple occasions, showcasing her radiant maternal glow while chatting with royal family admirers at the Coronation Big Lunch and with her sister Princess Beatrice in Buckinghamshire.

Speaking at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Princess Eugenie recently opened up about how motherhood has transformed her life.

She passionately discussed changing her behaviour at home to educate her son, August, with an awareness of environmental preservation and sustainability.

The young princess confessed that her new role as a mother had altered her perspectives and fears, stating: ‘I also think as a mother, you all of a sudden, totally you change, your hormones change, everything changes.

‘I'm scared of flying and things like that, and I would never be before,’ she continued.

Key Takeaways

• The Duke and Duchess of York’s daughter, Princess Eugenie, has given birth to her second child, a healthy baby boy named Ernest George Ronnie Brooksbank.
  • The name Ernest pays tribute to his great-great-great-Grandfather George (King George V), his Grandpa George (Jack’s father), and the Duchess of York’s father, Ronald.
  • Princess Eugenie shared a photo of the newborn on social media, announcing his birth and revealing his name.
  • Ernest George Ronnie Brooksbank is 13th in line to the throne and the first of Queen Elizabeth II's great-grandchildren to be born since her passing in September.
We look forward to witnessing Ernest's journey alongside his proud parents, Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank, and his doting big brother, August. Best wishes to the growing royal family!
With all the bullshit going around about whether the sex of a child is male or female!! ther is one sure fire method of determining it's sex. You just have to shake it and see if it rattles?

View attachment 21576

View attachment 21577

Key Takeaways

It's not a crib, it's a bassinet.
Crib is an Americanism, although derived from biblical times.

I believe it’s only a bassinet in Australia. I had never heard the word until I came here from the UK, and laughed when I first heard it, not believing it was a word! 🤣

Sending my heartfelt congratulations to Princess Eugenie and Jack on the arrival of their second baby boy, Ernest George Ronnie Brooksbank! It's truly heartwarming to learn about the sweet meaning behind his name, honoring their ancestors' legacy. Family traditions are so special! The bond between little August and his new baby brother is just heart-melting. They're going to have a lifetime of adventures together. Thanks for sharing this beautiful story. By the way, for those seeking precious moments with their newborns, consider checking out the services of newborn photographers sydney. They capture the most precious memories to cherish forever.

Last edited:
It's not a crib, it's a bassinet.
Crib is an Americanism, although derived from biblical times.
A crib is used in both the UK and America although in the UK a crib is a cradle or similar until they go into a cot, then it's called a cot.

In the USA both bassinet and cot is called a crib.

The name bassinet originates from France and Australian's only started calling it a bassinet in the 70s we called it A Moses basket before that and that's the actual biblical term