The surprising cleaning habit common women do that apparently men don’t: ‘Do you guys do this too?’

The art of cleaning is a universal task, but it seems that men and women may approach it differently.

A recent discussion on social media has revealed a common cleaning habit that many women share, but most men seem oblivious to.

This habit is not about the cleaning process itself but rather a final step that women take to ensure their efforts have paid off.

The conversation was initiated by a woman who shared her unique cleaning ritual.

After tidying up a room, she would exit and re-enter, viewing the space with fresh eyes to see how it would appear to a visitor.

She asked, 'Me and my girls discussed walking out then back into a room after cleaning it to see what it looks like to someone else. Do guys do this too?'

DALL·E 2023-11-30 10.32.51 - An older woman, of Hispanic descent with medium-length wavy gray ...png
A social media discussion revealed a habit that women share when cleaning a room. Source: Seniors Discount Club

The question sparked a flurry of responses from both genders, with many women admitting they do the same thing.

'I do that for everything,' one woman confessed, while another said she does it 'every time without fail'.

Interestingly, some women added their variations to this habit. One woman shared, 'I'm a girl, but I don't do this. I do, however, open a window after cleaning and then go out and back in to see if I still smell something.'

This suggests that the habit is not just about visual satisfaction but also about ensuring a fresh and clean scent in the room.

DALL·E 2023-11-30 10.37.43 - An older Australian man, with short white hair and sun-tanned ski...png
Some men claimed they were also guilty of this habit. Source: Seniors Discount Club

Men, on the other hand, had mixed responses. Some agreed with the women, saying they re-enter rooms to admire their cleaning handiwork.

'I definitely do this. I like admiring a job well done,' one man said.

Another man added, 'I'm a [bloke] and I do this. It's also a good way to get a sense of how your place smells. If you hang out inside too long, you get used to the state of things. A perspective reset can do a lot of good.'

However, many men confessed they had never thought of doing this. 'I have a feeling it's primarily a girl thing. It's also a good way to check that the room smells nice,' one man commented.

Another man admitted, 'I bet you that many guys won't do this.'

The discussion also revealed that some men only clean when they have company, while others simply look around the room from where they stand to assess their cleaning efforts.

Behind the Habit

This habit of re-entering a room after cleaning it may seem peculiar to some, but it actually has some benefits. It's about gaining a fresh perspective and ensuring that the room is not just clean but also inviting and comfortable for others.

By stepping out and re-entering the room, women are putting themselves in the shoes of a visitor, trying to experience the room as others would. This approach to cleaning shows a consideration for the comfort and experience of others.

It's also about self-satisfaction and pride in one's work. Cleaning is a task that requires effort and time. By re-entering the room, women (and some men) take a moment to appreciate their hard work and enjoy the fruits of their labour.

While this habit may be more common among women, it's not exclusive to one gender. It's a practice anyone can adopt to enhance their cleaning routine and create a more welcoming environment for guests.

Key Takeaways
  • A woman has sparked a conversation on social media about a cleaning habit she believes is predominantly done by women.
  • The habit entails exiting and re-entering a room once it's cleaned to view it from a fresh perspective or 'someone else's eyes’.
  • The online thread garnered multiple responses from both males and females debating whether this habit is primarily done by women.
  • While some men admitted to also practising this cleaning habit, others confessed they only clean when company is present.

What are your thoughts on this cleaning habit, members? Do you do it, too? Share your experiences and cleaning tips in the comments below.

Sponsored
The art of cleaning is a universal task, but it seems that men and women may approach it differently.

A recent discussion on social media has revealed a common cleaning habit that many women share, but most men seem oblivious to.

This habit is not about the cleaning process itself but rather a final step that women take to ensure their efforts have paid off.

The conversation was initiated by a woman who shared her unique cleaning ritual.

After tidying up a room, she would exit and re-enter, viewing the space with fresh eyes to see how it would appear to a visitor.

She asked, 'Me and my girls discussed walking out then back into a room after cleaning it to see what it looks like to someone else. Do guys do this too?'

View attachment 36215
A social media discussion revealed a habit that women share when cleaning a room. Source: Seniors Discount Club

The question sparked a flurry of responses from both genders, with many women admitting they do the same thing.

'I do that for everything,' one woman confessed, while another said she does it 'every time without fail'.

Interestingly, some women added their variations to this habit. One woman shared, 'I'm a girl, but I don't do this. I do, however, open a window after cleaning and then go out and back in to see if I still smell something.'

This suggests that the habit is not just about visual satisfaction but also about ensuring a fresh and clean scent in the room.

View attachment 36214
Some men claimed they were also guilty of this habit. Source: Seniors Discount Club

Men, on the other hand, had mixed responses. Some agreed with the women, saying they re-enter rooms to admire their cleaning handiwork.

Another man added, 'I'm a [bloke] and I do this. It's also a good way to get a sense of how your place smells. If you hang out inside too long, you get used to the state of things. A perspective reset can do a lot of good.'

However, many men confessed they had never thought of doing this. 'I have a feeling it's primarily a girl thing. It's also a good way to check that the room smells nice,' one man commented.

The discussion also revealed that some men only clean when they have company, while others simply look around the room from where they stand to assess their cleaning efforts.

Behind the Habit

This habit of re-entering a room after cleaning it may seem peculiar to some, but it actually has some benefits. It's about gaining a fresh perspective and ensuring that the room is not just clean but also inviting and comfortable for others.

By stepping out and re-entering the room, women are putting themselves in the shoes of a visitor, trying to experience the room as others would. This approach to cleaning shows a consideration for the comfort and experience of others.

It's also about self-satisfaction and pride in one's work. Cleaning is a task that requires effort and time. By re-entering the room, women (and some men) take a moment to appreciate their hard work and enjoy the fruits of their labour.

While this habit may be more common among women, it's not exclusive to one gender. It's a practice anyone can adopt to enhance their cleaning routine and create a more welcoming environment for guests.

Key Takeaways

• A woman has sparked a conversation on social media about a cleaning habit she believes is predominantly done by women.
  • The habit entails exiting and re-entering a room once it's cleaned to view it from a fresh perspective or 'someone else's eyes’.
  • The online thread garnered multiple responses from both males and females debating whether this habit is primarily done by women.
  • While some men admitted to also practising this cleaning habit, others confessed they only clean when company is present.

What are your thoughts on this cleaning habit, members? Do you do it, too? Share your experiences and cleaning tips in the comments below.
Gosh I thought I was the only one to do that🤣

I worked for an international chain of hotels for a few years and was told from the start, that in housekeeping, your last look is the guest's first look. I carry that through to today in my own home whether I'm expecting visitors or not.

Didn't know there was such a thing as a common woman anymore, isn’t this headline a bit derogatory towards women? Or did someone not bother to read the headline before publishing the article.

Didn't know there was such a thing as a common woman anymore, isn’t this headline a bit derogatory towards women? Or did someone not bother to read the headline before publishing the article.
You’re right! “Common” should have been referring to the cleaning habit and not to the woman. 😆

Reactions: magpie1

View attachment 36215

View attachment 36214

Behind the Habit

Key Takeaways

I never do this, I just clean the room properly and to a high standard the first time therefore know it looks and smells good, no need to second guess my abilities

Honestly my room wouldn't know itself if I got to and gave it a good clean(out)....everything is just so, it is arranged in particular order and neat in some areas as well....everything has a place and there is a place for everything.....however whether that would seem clean to someone else ( perhaps lets say a lady visitor)....NO a visitor/friend....dirty minds some people.....anyway lets just say a 'visitor' then....then their imagined impression of my room may vary somewhat with mine.....c'est la vie. And the smell in my room is like a Rose garden......shame it's when all of the Roses have died and fallen off the bushes. So do I stand at my door and look back on my handywork.....heck NO.....I know exactly how I'm leaving it. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😉

View attachment 36215

View attachment 36214

Behind the Habit

Key Takeaways

Honestly my room wouldn't know itself if I got to and gave it a good clean(out)....everything is just so, it is arranged in particular order and neat in some areas as well....everything has a place and there is a place for everything.....however whether that would seem clean to someone else ( perhaps lets say a lady visitor)....NO a visitor/friend....dirty minds some people.....anyway lets just say a 'visitor' then....then their imagined impression of my room may vary somewhat with mine.....c'est la vie. And the smell in my room is like a Rose garden......shame it's when all of the Roses have died and fallen off the bushes. So do I stand at my door and look back on my handywork.....heck NO.....I know exactly how I'm leaving it. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😉
not much confidence in her work.

View attachment 36215

View attachment 36214

Behind the Habit

Key Takeaways

View attachment 36215

View attachment 36214

Behind the Habit

Key Takeaways

Most men wouldn't care what other people think. It's what matters to them.

Reactions: magpie1