The secret to a sparkling shower? This $5.30 item you can find at your local supermarket!

Make way for the ultimate solution to your shower cleaning woes! We all know how frustrating it can be to tackle that stubborn soap scum and pesky mould in the bathroom. But don't worry because there's a 'secret' weapon that professional cleaners swear by, and it won't break the bank!

Enter Gumption, the said 'hero' of all cleaning pastes. This little gem works like magic on those grungy showers that have seen better days. The best part? You can find it at your local Woolworths, Coles, or Bunnings for just $5.30!

But don't just take our word for it. Let's hear it from Sydney-based professional cleaner, Charlotte Bosanquet, who recently spilled the beans about Gumption in a recent post on social media.

As the founder of Care Cleaning Services, she knows a thing or two about making showers shine. In her video, she showcased a jaw-dropping transformation of a year-old shower plagued by soap scum, grime, and mould. Thanks to Gumption, it was left sparkling clean and fresh.

Screen Shot 2023-05-10 at 3.49.10 PM.png
Gumption, a multi-purpose cleaning paste, can be found at Woolworths, Coles, and Bunnings and effectively removes soap scum and grime from shower surfaces. Credit: TikTok.

So what's the secret to a successful shower clean, you ask? According to Charlotte, it all comes down to using the right products. And after years of experience in the industry, she swears by Gumption as a must-have tool in her cleaning arsenal.

In her video, Charlotte takes us through her step-by-step process to achieve a spotless shower. Let's dive in and discover her method!

To begin, Charlotte puts on a pair of gloves and clears out all the products from the shower. This allows her to have a clean canvas to work with. Then, she introduces us to Jasol Shower Kleen, a powerful bathroom cleaner. Charlotte sprays it generously over the shower screen and tiles, making sure to cover all the problem areas.

After giving the cleaner a moment to work its magic, Charlotte picks up a trusty grout brush. With precision and care, she focuses on those troublesome grout areas, using the brush to scrub away any dirt or grime. This targeted approach ensures that every nook and cranny receives the attention it deserves.

Now it's time to tackle the soap scum on the shower screen. Charlotte reaches for a non-scratch sponge and begins scrubbing in circular motions from top to bottom. The soap scum easily surrenders to her scrubbing efforts, revealing a clean and shiny surface. Impressive!

But Charlotte's not done yet. To ensure a streak-free finish, she brings out a window cleaner and a squeegee. With a few swift strokes, she effortlessly removes any residue and water, leaving the shower screen gleaming like new. It's amazing how such simple tools can make such a big difference.

Now, the moment we've all been waiting for—the secret weapon: Gumption. Charlotte takes a dollop of this magical cleaning paste and applies it along with a non-scratch scrubber. She works the paste into the tiles and grout, giving them a thorough scrubbing.

The transformation is remarkable! The cleanliness and improved appearance are evident, giving the owners peace of mind knowing their shower is spotless.

Since her video has been viewed more than 720,000 times, one can say that Charlotte has become somewhat of a cleaning superhero on social media. Fans have praised her skills and techniques, with one saying, 'Gumption is absolute magic.'

Another viewer admitted, 'My shower screen is horrendous - thanks for the video,' and yet another added, 'Holy wow, satisfying doesn't even cut it.'

Key Takeaways

• A professional cleaner's post on social media went viral for showcasing how she transformed a year-old dirty and grimy shower into a spotless one by using the cleaning paste Gumption along with other tools.
  • Gumption is a multi-purpose cleaning paste that can be found in Coles, Woolies, and Bunnings for as little as $5.30. It is known to work wonders on old, dirty showers by easily removing soap scum, grime, and mould build-up.

And there you have it, folks! The secret to a perfect shower transformation is straight from a professional cleaner, and the best part is it only costs $5.30 at your nearest Coles or Woolies.

We've noticed many of our amazing members already raving about Gumption based on your comments on our previous articles and posts. It seems like this cleaning paste has already won the hearts of many!

Remember, using the right cleaning products is key to achieving flawless results. So, for those who haven't yet, don't hesitate to try Gumption for yourself and experience the magic.

We'd love to hear your success stories and how Gumption has transformed not just your shower, but other parts of your home as well — feel free to share your cleaning stories with us in the comments!

Sponsored
Why do you think we need to know this? Have been cleaning with Gumption for years and don’t need to be told how to do it!!!! Think I can manage it on my own!!! Get fed up with all the cleaning articles we keep getting - at my age I think I have managed OK all this time!

Reactions: wendell
Ha ha I have been reading all this and purchased many products recently recommended even though i have cleaning people come in Looks like I have a good supply available 🥹

I have tried everything to get rid of water marks in my shower screen glass!!! Nothing works.
Every time you bring a new “hack” I buy it, but I’m running out of options.
My shower is always sparkling clean. I don’t know how on earth those water marks will come off.
Does anyone have any suggestions, please???

I have tried everything to get rid of water marks in my shower screen glass!!! Nothing works.
Every time you bring a new “hack” I buy it, but I’m running out of options.
My shower is always sparkling clean. I don’t know how on earth those water marks will come off.
Does anyone have any suggestions, please???
After you have cleaned your glass wipe CLR over the glass with a cloth - leave for 15-20 minutes and rinse off and dry/buff with a soft cloth.
It appears you have hard water which will leave mineral deposits which normal cleaning will not remove. You can buy CLR concentrate or mixed from Bunnings.

Make way for the ultimate solution to your shower cleaning woes! We all know how frustrating it can be to tackle that stubborn soap scum and pesky mould in the bathroom. But don't worry because there's a 'secret' weapon that professional cleaners swear by, and it won't break the bank!

Enter Gumption, the said 'hero' of all cleaning pastes. This little gem works like magic on those grungy showers that have seen better days. The best part? You can find it at your local Woolworths, Coles, or Bunnings for just $5.30!

But don't just take our word for it. Let's hear it from Sydney-based professional cleaner, Charlotte Bosanquet, who recently spilled the beans about Gumption in a recent post on social media.

As the founder of Care Cleaning Services, she knows a thing or two about making showers shine. In her video, she showcased a jaw-dropping transformation of a year-old shower plagued by soap scum, grime, and mould. Thanks to Gumption, it was left sparkling clean and fresh.

View attachment 19521
Gumption, a multi-purpose cleaning paste, can be found at Woolworths, Coles, and Bunnings and effectively removes soap scum and grime from shower surfaces. Credit: TikTok.

So what's the secret to a successful shower clean, you ask? According to Charlotte, it all comes down to using the right products. And after years of experience in the industry, she swears by Gumption as a must-have tool in her cleaning arsenal.

In her video, Charlotte takes us through her step-by-step process to achieve a spotless shower. Let's dive in and discover her method!

To begin, Charlotte puts on a pair of gloves and clears out all the products from the shower. This allows her to have a clean canvas to work with. Then, she introduces us to Jasol Shower Kleen, a powerful bathroom cleaner. Charlotte sprays it generously over the shower screen and tiles, making sure to cover all the problem areas.

After giving the cleaner a moment to work its magic, Charlotte picks up a trusty grout brush. With precision and care, she focuses on those troublesome grout areas, using the brush to scrub away any dirt or grime. This targeted approach ensures that every nook and cranny receives the attention it deserves.

Now it's time to tackle the soap scum on the shower screen. Charlotte reaches for a non-scratch sponge and begins scrubbing in circular motions from top to bottom. The soap scum easily surrenders to her scrubbing efforts, revealing a clean and shiny surface. Impressive!

But Charlotte's not done yet. To ensure a streak-free finish, she brings out a window cleaner and a squeegee. With a few swift strokes, she effortlessly removes any residue and water, leaving the shower screen gleaming like new. It's amazing how such simple tools can make such a big difference.

Now, the moment we've all been waiting for—the secret weapon: Gumption. Charlotte takes a dollop of this magical cleaning paste and applies it along with a non-scratch scrubber. She works the paste into the tiles and grout, giving them a thorough scrubbing.

The transformation is remarkable! The cleanliness and improved appearance are evident, giving the owners peace of mind knowing their shower is spotless.

Since her video has been viewed more than 720,000 times, one can say that Charlotte has become somewhat of a cleaning superhero on social media. Fans have praised her skills and techniques, with one saying, 'Gumption is absolute magic.'

Another viewer admitted, 'My shower screen is horrendous - thanks for the video,' and yet another added, 'Holy wow, satisfying doesn't even cut it.'

Key Takeaways

• A professional cleaner's post on social media went viral for showcasing how she transformed a year-old dirty and grimy shower into a spotless one by using the cleaning paste Gumption along with other tools.
  • Gumption is a multi-purpose cleaning paste that can be found in Coles, Woolies, and Bunnings for as little as $5.30. It is known to work wonders on old, dirty showers by easily removing soap scum, grime, and mould build-up.

And there you have it, folks! The secret to a perfect shower transformation is straight from a professional cleaner, and the best part is it only costs $5.30 at your nearest Coles or Woolies.

We've noticed many of our amazing members already raving about Gumption based on your comments on our previous articles and posts. It seems like this cleaning paste has already won the hearts of many!

Remember, using the right cleaning products is key to achieving flawless results. So, for those who haven't yet, don't hesitate to try Gumption for yourself and experience the magic.

We'd love to hear your success stories and how Gumption has transformed not just your shower, but other parts of your home as well — feel free to share your cleaning stories with us in the comments!

I wouldn't be without Gumption - it is good for all manner of cleaning jobs - even my hubby uses it in the shed.

After you have cleaned your glass wipe CLR over the glass with a cloth - leave for 15-20 minutes and rinse off and dry/buff with a soft cloth.
It appears you have hard water which will leave mineral deposits which normal cleaning will not remove. You can buy CLR concentrate or mixed from Bunnings.
I’ve tried everything, even CLR……………..still not working. But thanks for your help and information 😁👍🏼

Last edited:
I’ve tried everything, even CLR……………..still not working. But thanks for your help and information 😁👍🏼
I am not one to let spots beat me - ha ha
1. Have you tried WD40 - spray on and work it with a sponge until gone - takes a bit of elbow grease and it will protect the surface from spotting if used regularly.
2. White vinegar - wear gloves - heat the vinegar and dip paper towels into the hot vinegar and cover the glass with the soaked towel and leave for 30-60 mins - spray the towels with vinegar to keep wet - then rub baking soda over the wet glass until clean and rinse well and dry or squeegee.
If it hasn't all come off you can rub a cut lemon and table salt, which should finish the job. Oh and rinse well and buff dry or use a squeegee.
Hope this helps - I know how frustrating it is to try to deal with some problems.
Hard/mineral water stains come from not removing water from glass after showering either with a squeegee or an old chamois and I use white vinegar in our toilets to lift the buildup before I clean as usual - about 400ml and leave for 30-60 mins and scrub and flush twice before using usual nice smelling toot cleaner.

I am not one to let spots beat me - ha ha
1. Have you tried WD40 - spray on and work it with a sponge until gone - takes a bit of elbow grease and it will protect the surface from spotting if used regularly.
2. White vinegar - wear gloves - heat the vinegar and dip paper towels into the hot vinegar and cover the glass with the soaked towel and leave for 30-60 mins - spray the towels with vinegar to keep wet - then rub baking soda over the wet glass until clean and rinse well and dry or squeegee.
If it hasn't all come off you can rub a cut lemon and table salt, which should finish the job. Oh and rinse well and buff dry or use a squeegee.
Hope this helps - I know how frustrating it is to try to deal with some problems.
Hard/mineral water stains come from not removing water from glass after showering either with a squeegee or an old chamois and I use white vinegar in our toilets to lift the buildup before I clean as usual - about 400ml and leave for 30-60 mins and scrub and flush twice before using usual nice smelling toot cleaner.
I’ll give it a try…….thank you 👍🏼👍🏼