SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
M

Maddison Dwyer

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 20, 2021
The SDC ANZAC Day Special Edition

Good morning beautiful Members!

I hope you're all safe and well this morning.

I just wanted to dedicate a space on our forum for something really special, there is absolutely no pressure for any one to participate, but if you choose to, the SDC Team along with the rest of the community will love to read what you have to say.

This thread today is for you all to share what ANZAC Day means to you or take the opportunity to commemorate someone or something important to you on this day with the rest of our community.

Please remember, this community is a SAFE SPACE so please BE KIND. Today is not an easy day for everyone, so please keep those people who might be struggling today (and every day) front of mind when you comment below.

Lest We Forget.

2980-SDC_logo_2022_Anzac_day.png

What does ANZAC Day mean to me it is a very emotional day for me because I am a proud daughter of a WW2 veteran, on this day I miss my Dad just a little bit more and I am also so grateful to all our Diggers past and present for this beautiful free country we can all call home due to their sacrifice Lest We Forget and be grateful for what we have

What does ANZAC Day mean to me it is a very emotional day for me because I am a proud daughter of a WW2 veteran, on this day I miss my Dad just a little bit more and I am also so grateful to all our Diggers past and present for this beautiful free country we can all call home due to their sacrifice Lest We Forget and be grateful for what we have
It’s a very special day for our family. My father-in-law & Mother-in-law served in WW11

Attachments

• IMG_0789.jpeg
    IMG_0789.jpeg
    225.7 KB · Views: 0
Thank you Mum & Dad for your Service in World War 2 & my Grandfather & his 3 Brothers (My Great Uncles) in World War 1
Thank you

Attachments

• MUM & DAD 1.jpg
    MUM & DAD 1.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Love
Reactions: Jo Piper3
ANZAC day is important to me because I’m a return service person from Vietnam , it’s great to catch up with people that have walked in the same shoes and rekindle friendships, the friendships we have are with out laps of time.

In 1979 I was a 22 year old brand new Nursing Sister working at Hollywood Repat Hospital in Perth. I spent ANZAC day that year sitting with a GALLIPOLI veteran who was too sick to attend Perth's ANZAC day march. We silently watched ANZAC day service together, at the time I did not realise the significance of this and it would always stay with me. When I retired in 2018 this was the highlight and most cherished time of my career. Lest We Forget.

• Love
I wrote this song For the 50 year anniversary of the end of World War 2.
It is still played on the ABC at times.
This is what ANZAC Day means to me.
I hope you enjoy and celebrate with me.
"We Will Remember".

Reactions: chrisnyhof
I wrote this song For the 50 year anniversary of the end of World War 2.
It is still played on the ABC at times.
This is what ANZAC Day means to me.
I hope you enjoy and celebrate with me.
"We Will Remember".

Thank you Ausbear, you have done everyone proud with your beautiful song.

Reactions: ausbear
Both my parents served in WW2 and my father in law was an original Rat of Tobruk. He served in the 2/24th Battalion and we are so very proud of them all. My grandparents,too,served in WW1. Too many,nowadays consider Anzac Day to be glorifying war. It is not! We are remembering the countless sacrifices made by these brave men and women who gave us our freedom today. They deserve this one day to honour them. Lest We Forget.

Anzac day to us will forever be getting up that morning with the breakfast on to watch Dad in his march 2/14 Aif who served in Kokoda and many parts of the pacific and go to meet him after the march in the city and even later when he could no longer March but go in the taxi and he would bring back flags and treats for the grand children it was so special were all missing our Pa today now he has 4 great grand children he would be so proud of too

Reactions: ausbear