SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
M

Maddison Dwyer

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 20, 2021
The SDC ANZAC Day Special Edition - The Last Post

The Last Post

To commemorate our ANZACs, but also all Australian men and women who have lost their lives or suffered in the great tragedy of war, we have a beautiful video of The Last Post being played at the Australian War Memorial in Canberra for you to watch below. In military tradition, the Last Post is the bugle call that signifies the end of the day's activities. It is also sounded at military funerals to indicate that the soldier has gone to his final rest.

I must admit, as I was unable to attend the event this morning, I watched the Canberra Service, I couldn’t find the Victorian Service!🥲 The most moving event was a Song “ I was only 19” bought tears to my eyes, as well as the Last Post bugle and Dennis R’s Poem, absolutely beautiful renditions, That’s the true Anzac spirit!!
I miss the Bacon and egg breakfast and the weird Tea!!😵‍💫 Have a wonderful day to all Veterans young and old, enjoy the 2Up game and a Beer or two, I respect you all, and know that I wouldn’t have the luxuries of Life today without your Sacrifice
Shoggle

Reactions: Sethia Soliman
Thankyou team, for presenting a post today which has captured what ANZAC DAY is and for all of us, who live in this great country of ours, made possible by those who have served on our behalf. The poem, the photograph of "Simpson" and finally the Last Post .... so well done

Reactions: Shoggle
i am in tears at this moment i had 3 uncles in the war uncle max was missing at war the army gave us a plaque with his name on it the family was so proud and another uncle was killed and his twin brother survived he's proberly has died for sure now thank you for sharing this day marg LESS WE FORGET :cry:🙏💙🇦🇺