The SDC’s Top 21 Riddles of 2021

Are you looking for a fun but also slightly challenging activity that you and your loved ones can all participate in during the holidays? Well, look no further than here, my friends!

Get your kids and grandkids involved to see if anyone is as good as you at cracking a riddle or two. We promise it’s an activity that everyone can enjoy! In fact, we can guarantee that cracking these 21 riddles will not cause as many arguments as Monopoly… And that’s a pretty good deal?

Now, why would you want to crack 21 riddles you might be asking yourself? Well it turns out there are a hell of a lot of benefits for solving riddles, in fact, they include:
  • Improving brain activity and concentration
  • Boosting memory
  • Reducing the risk of dementia
  • Providing a source of entertainment to solvers
Alright, that last one we just threw in to make ourselves look good.

Now, if you’re up to it, below we have our top 21 riddles of 2021. So you can check your answers, we have a spoiler button under each riddle, if you click the spoiler button and it will reveal the answer to the riddle above it, but only use it once you think you know the answer to the riddle and you just want to check you're correct! Do you think you can solve all 21 of them? If you manage too, or manage to solve the majority of them, let us know in the comments below!

I have branches, but no leaves, trunk or fruit, what am I?

Answer:
A bank

A plane crashed on the border of Mexico and the USA! Where were the survivors buried?

Answer:
They weren’t buried because they were survivors!

A man had 5 daughters. Each daughter had one brother. How many kids does the man have?

Answer:
Six!

What is seen in the middle of March and April that can't be seen at the beginning or end of either month?

Answer:
The letter R!

Julie has 5 daughters. The first one is named January. The second is named February. The third one is named March. And the fourth child is named April. What is the name of Julie's fifth child.

Answer:
The fifth child's name is What!

The more I dry, the wetter I get. What am I?

Answer:
A towel!

Two fathers and two sons are in a car, yet only three people are in the car. How?

Answer:
They are grandfather, father, and son!

You have me today. Tomorrow you'll have me more. As your time passes I'm not easy to store. I don't take up space. But I'm only in one place. I am what you saw. But not what you see. What am I?

Answer:
Memories!

I come from a mine and get surrounded by wood. Everyone uses me. What am I?

Answer:
Pencil lead!

What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and grey when you throw it away?

Answer:
Charcoal, black when you buy it, red when you use it, and grey when you’re done cooking with it!

A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him underwater for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?

Answer:
The woman was a photographer. She shot a picture of her husband, developed it, and hung it up to dry (shot; held underwater; and hung)!

What can you hold in your right hand, but not in your left?

Answer:
Your left hand!

Jack and Fiona are the parents of two daughters, Betty and Patti. They are not twins however they share the same birthday. How can this be?

Answer:
They are two of a set of triplets!

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out.

Answer:
The letter "e" which is the most common letter used in the English language does not appear even once in the paragraph!

How many seconds in a year?

Answer:
12 (as in the 2nd of every month!)

An archaeologist discovers two ancient humans frozen in ice. He knew immediately that they were Adam and Eve. How did he know?

Answer:
They didn't have belly buttons!

Romeo and Juliet were both found dead on the floor with water and broken glass all around. How did they die?

Answer:
They were goldfish!

I have four wings, but cannot fly, I never laugh and I never cry, on the same spot I am always found, toiling away with little sound, what am I?

Answer:
A Windmill!

What can explode slowly without smoke or flames?

Answer:
Someone's temper!

Mr and Mrs White have got four daughters, who have each got a husband, two brothers and two sons. Can all the White's fit into a four-seater car?

Answer:
Yes! There are only four of them. Mr and Mrs White and their two sons. The others have married names!

It cannot be seen, cannot be felt, cannot be heard, cannot be smelt. It lies behind stars and under hills and empty holes it fills. It comes first and follows after, ends life, kills laughter.

Answer:
Darkness!

We hope you enjoyed cracking all the riddles. Solving riddles is a great way to have a bit of fun and keep your mind active. So keep training those riddle skills so you can make our ‘Riddle Master’ lists in 2022!

Last edited:
Sponsored
1Bank
2 dont bury survivors
3 six
4 letter R
5 what is the 5th child
6 Towel
7 Grandfather father grand son
8 Memories
9 Lead
10 Charcoal
11 Woman is photographer
12 Left hand or arm
13 Same birthday different years
14 Letter E
15 12 Seconds( second of each month )
16 adam missing rib
17 they are goldfish, Tank is broken
18 windmill
19 Temper
20 $ whites.Mr & Mrs and their 2 sons
21 Darkness

This may take me a while. 1. bank, 2. dont bury survivors, 3. 6, 5 daughters and a son, 4. 'r', 5. She is called What, 6. towel, 7. grandfather son and grandson in the car, 8. memories, 9. 10. coal, 11. taking photo, developing and hanging to dry, 12. your left hand/elbow, 13. born on same date but different years, 14.no letter 'e' found, 15. 12, 2nd of each month, 16. 17. goldfish called Romeo and Juliet, 18. windmill, 19. temper, 20. daughters not named White and sons are brothers so only two of them, 21. darkness, .
13. triplets (or quads) 16. No belly buttons (but this is a subject of theological debate :) )

1. Bank, 2. You don't bury survivors, 3. 6, 4. r, 5. What, 6. Towel, 7. Grandfather, father, son, 8. Memories, 9. Graphite pencil, 10. Coal,, 11. She takes a photo of her husband and develops it, 12. Left elbow, 13. They were born different year, 14. There is no e, 15. 12, 16. No belly buttons, 17. They were goldfish, 18. Windmill, 19. Temper, 20. Mr and Mrs White and their two sons, 21. Darkness

I only got 12 correct. I will keep the link for when my Son next visits.
He loves riddles.

1) a bank
2 )you don’t bury survivors
3) six (6)
4) letter R
5) "What" is 5th child’s name
6) Towel
7) grandfather, Father & son
8) Memories
9) Pencil Lead
10) Charcoal
11) the wife is a photographer
12) Left Hand
13) either a set of triplets or born on same day in different years
14) Letter “E”
15) 12 seconds ( one in each month)
16) They didn’t have Belly Buttons
17) Goldfish
18) Windmill
19) Person Temper
20) Yes! Mum & Dad White & 2 Sons as everyone else has a different surname unless the daughters married men with the surname White.
21) Darkness (This one I should know as I submitted it)

Are you looking for a fun but also slightly challenging activity that you and your loved ones can all participate in during the holidays? Well, look no further than here, my friends!

Get your kids and grandkids involved to see if anyone is as good as you at cracking a riddle or two. We promise it’s an activity that everyone can enjoy! In fact, we can guarantee that cracking these 21 riddles will not cause as many arguments as Monopoly… And that’s a pretty good deal?

Now, why would you want to crack 21 riddles you might be asking yourself? Well it turns out there are a hell of a lot of benefits for solving riddles, in fact, they include:

• Boosting memory

Now, if you’re up to it, below we have our top 21 riddles of 2021. So you can check your answers, we have a spoiler button under each riddle, if you click the spoiler button and it will reveal the answer to the riddle above it, but only use it once you think you know the answer to the riddle and you just want to check you're correct! Do you think you can solve all 21 of them? If you manage too, or manage to solve the majority of them, let us know in the comments below!

Answer:
A bank

A plane crashed on the border of Mexico and the USA! Where were the survivors buried?

Answer:

A man had 5 daughters. Each daughter had one brother. How many kids does the man have?

Answer:
Six!

What is seen in the middle of March and April that can't be seen at the beginning or end of either month?

Answer:
The letter R!

Julie has 5 daughters. The first one is named January. The second is named February. The third one is named March. And the fourth child is named April. What is the name of Julie's fifth child.

Answer:

Answer:
A towel!

Two fathers and two sons are in a car, yet only three people are in the car. How?

Answer:

You have me today. Tomorrow you'll have me more. As your time passes I'm not easy to store. I don't take up space. But I'm only in one place. I am what you saw. But not what you see. What am I?

Answer:
Memories!

Answer:
Pencil lead!

What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and grey when you throw it away?

Answer:
Charcoal, black when you buy it, red when you use it, and grey when you’re done cooking with it!

A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him underwater for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?

Answer:
The woman was a photographer. She shot a picture of her husband, developed it, and hung it up to dry (shot; held underwater; and hung)!

Answer:
Your left hand!

Jack and Fiona are the parents of two daughters, Betty and Patti. They are not twins however they share the same birthday. How can this be?

Answer:

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out.

Answer:
The letter "e" which is the most common letter used in the English language does not appear even once in the paragraph!

Answer:

An archaeologist discovers two ancient humans frozen in ice. He knew immediately that they were Adam and Eve. How did he know?

Answer:

Romeo and Juliet were both found dead on the floor with water and broken glass all around. How did they die?

Answer:
They were goldfish!

I have four wings, but cannot fly, I never laugh and I never cry, on the same spot I am always found, toiling away with little sound, what am I?

Answer:
A Windmill!

Answer:
Someone's temper!

Mr and Mrs White have got four daughters, who have each got a husband, two brothers and two sons. Can all the White's fit into a four-seater car?

Answer:
Yes! There are only four of them. Mr and Mrs White and their two sons. The others have married names!

It cannot be seen, cannot be felt, cannot be heard, cannot be smelt. It lies behind stars and under hills and empty holes it fills. It comes first and follows after, ends life, kills laughter.

Answer:
Darkness!

We hope you enjoyed cracking all the riddles. Solving riddles is a great way to have a bit of fun and keep your mind active. So keep training those riddle skills so you can make our ‘Riddle Master’ lists in 2022!
The letter z is also missing from the paragraph, and I also don't have a belly button. After a quadruple bypass and a bowel disentanglement I have two "zip scars" but no navel

• Boosting memory

Answer:
A bank

Answer:

Answer:
Six!

Answer:
The letter R!

Answer:

Answer:
A towel!

Answer:

Answer:
Memories!

Answer:
Pencil lead!

Answer:

Answer:

Answer:
Your left hand!

Answer:

Answer:

Answer:

Answer:

Answer:
They were goldfish!

Answer:
A Windmill!

Answer:
Someone's temper!

Answer:

Answer:
Darkness!

Have to question Mr and Mrs White understand the sons but what about the brothers are they Mr whites brothers then if so they will not fit.