The Project's Dr Chris Brown shocks fans with surprise network move

Everyone’s favourite animal-loving doctor has stolen the show again!

Dr Chris Brown – beloved presenter of Channel 10’s Bondi Vet, The Project and I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! – has defected to a rival network after an impressive 15-year run.

It’s a big upheaval for Channel 10 and a fresh start for one of Australia’s most recognisable TV personalities. After announcing his resignation after 15 years, Dr Chris Brown will be taking his talents to Seven and 7Plus in July this year.

The 44-year-old hit the headlines after it was revealed he had signed a deal with the rival network and is set to produce some 'exciting new projects'.

Dr Chris first joined Channel 10 in 2008 to host Bondi Vet, which was a surprise hit for the network’s rating and gained global fame.

chris.jpg
Dr Chris wrote a farewell post for Carrie Bickmore when she left The Project last year. Credit: drchrisbrown/Instagram

Bondi Vet was a factual series based on Dr Chris’ real-life experiences as a vet at the Bondi Junction Veterinary Hospital in Sydney’s east. From saving wild animals to helping out beloved family pets, the show can be credited for bringing veterinary medicine and responsible pet ownership to the public's attention.

Then, he went on to become a part-time panellist on The Project, and eventually, the co-host of I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here! and The Living Room, a show that was cancelled last year.

This network shift to Seven is somewhat of a ‘homecoming’ for the veterinarian. The award-winning show host started his TV career as a presenter on Harry’s Practice on the network, a role that earned him a Logie nomination for Most Popular New Talent.

In between working for Seven and Channel 10, Dr Chris also did a couple of hosting segments at Nine for Burke’s Backyard and was a contributor on the Today Show.

chris2.jpg
After 15 years on Channel 10, Dr Chris will join Seven in July. Credit: drchrisbrown/Instagram

In a statement released by Seven, he said: ‘I’m not entirely sure my old access pass works, but once we get over that hurdle and I’m back from the jungle, I can’t wait to sink my teeth into some exciting new projects in the second half of the year and beyond with Seven.’

Seven West Media’s Managing Director and CEO James Warburton shared that the network is ‘very pleased’ to welcome Dr Chris back.

‘It’s been too long,’ he said.

‘Chris is one of the most popular and recognised people on Australian TV, bringing warmth, intelligence and a great sense of humour to everything he does,’ he added.

Mr Warburton admitted that they ‘can’t wait’ to have Dr Chris on board to announce the ‘new content’ he will star in this year.

dr chris brown.jpg
The timeline of Dr Chris Brown's career moves. Image credit: The Seniors Discount Club

This career move was referenced on Sunrise recently, with host David Koch saying that weatherman Sam Mac ‘lured’ his good friend Dr Chris to join Seven by promising him ‘lavish’ things.

‘It’s very exciting to have Chris joining the team. He heard about the per diems we get at Sunrise and was jumping at it. You don’t get that at 10!’ The TV presenter exclaimed.

This isn’t the first time a major departure happened over at Channel 10. Late last year, The Project host Carrie Bickmore also left the network amid reports that the station feels like ‘a sinking ship’.

The veteran journalist explained that she wanted to spend more time at home with her family, but also clarified that this doesn’t mean she’s stepping away from being a TV presenter altogether. More details about Carrie’s departure from The Project can be found here.

Network representatives insisted that Paramount Global, Channel 10’s parent company, is ‘in good financial shape’. However, a staff member (who remained anonymous) at Channel 10 told reporters that more resignations will come, adding that morale had been critically low ‘for some time’ now.

‘It feels kind of rudderless. Like there's not a lot of direction and the network can't seem to figure out exactly what it wants to be,’ they claimed.
Key Takeaways

• Dr Chris Brown officially quit Channel 10 after 15 years to join Channel Seven in July.
  • Dr Chris began his TV career in 2003 as a presenter on Harry's Practice on Seven and more recently hosted Bondi Vet, The Project, I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! and The Living Room.
  • Dr Chris' move to Seven was referenced on Sunrise, with host David Koch saying weatherman Sam Mac had 'lured' Chris over with promises of lavish expenses.
  • An anonymous staff member said Channel 10 feels like 'a sinking ship' and the workplace is 'lacking direction and morale' as senior staff follow on-air talent out the door.
What do you think about Dr Chris’s move? Let us know in the comments!

Last edited:
Sponsored
Everyone’s favourite animal-loving doctor has stolen the show again!

Dr Chris Brown – beloved presenter of Channel 10’s Bondi Vet, The Project and I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! – has defected to a rival network after an impressive 15-year run.

It’s a big upheaval for Channel 10 and a fresh start for one of Australia’s most recognisable TV personalities. After announcing his resignation after 15 years, Dr Chris Brown will be taking his talents to Seven and 7Plus in July this year.

The 44-year-old hit the headlines after it was revealed he had signed a deal with the rival network and is set to produce some 'exciting new projects'.

Dr Chris first joined Channel 10 in 2008 to host Bondi Vet, which was a surprise hit for the network’s rating and gained global fame.

View attachment 12674
Dr Chris wrote a farewell post for Carrie Bickmore when she left The Project last year. Credit: drchrisbrown/Instagram

Bondi Vet was a factual series based on Dr Chris’ real-life experiences as a vet at the Bondi Junction Veterinary Hospital in Sydney’s east. From saving wild animals to helping out beloved family pets, the show can be credited for bringing veterinary medicine and responsible pet ownership to the public's attention.

Then, he went on to become a part-time panellist on The Project, and eventually, the co-host of I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here! and The Living Room, a show that was cancelled last year.

This network shift to Seven is somewhat of a ‘homecoming’ for the veterinarian. The award-winning show host started his TV career as a presenter on Harry’s Practice on the network, a role that earned him a Logie nomination for Most Popular New Talent.

In between working for Seven and Channel 10, Dr Chris also did a couple of hosting segments at Nine for Burke’s Backyard and was a contributor on the Today Show.

View attachment 12675
After 15 years on Channel 10, Dr Chris will join Seven in July. Credit: drchrisbrown/Instagram

In a statement released by Seven, he said: ‘I’m not entirely sure my old access pass works, but once we get over that hurdle and I’m back from the jungle, I can’t wait to sink my teeth into some exciting new projects in the second half of the year and beyond with Seven.’

Seven West Media’s Managing Director and CEO James Warburton shared that the network is ‘very pleased’ to welcome Dr Chris back.

‘It’s been too long,’ he said.

‘Chris is one of the most popular and recognised people on Australian TV, bringing warmth, intelligence and a great sense of humour to everything he does,’ he added.

Mr Warburton admitted that they ‘can’t wait’ to have Dr Chris on board to announce the ‘new content’ he will star in this year.

View attachment 12681
The timeline of Dr Chris Brown's career moves. Image credit: The Seniors Discount Club

This career move was referenced on Sunrise recently, with host David Koch saying that weatherman Sam Mac ‘lured’ his good friend Dr Chris to join Seven by promising him ‘lavish’ things.

‘It’s very exciting to have Chris joining the team. He heard about the per diems we get at Sunrise and was jumping at it. You don’t get that at 10!’ The TV presenter exclaimed.

This isn’t the first time a major departure happened over at Channel 10. Late last year, The Project host Carrie Bickmore also left the network amid reports that the station feels like ‘a sinking ship’.

The veteran journalist explained that she wanted to spend more time at home with her family, but also clarified that this doesn’t mean she’s stepping away from being a TV presenter altogether. More details about Carrie’s departure from The Project can be found here.

Network representatives insisted that Paramount Global, Channel 10’s parent company, is ‘in good financial shape’. However, a staff member (who remained anonymous) at Channel 10 told reporters that more resignations will come, adding that morale had been critically low ‘for some time’ now.

‘It feels kind of rudderless. Like there's not a lot of direction and the network can't seem to figure out exactly what it wants to be,’ they claimed.
Key Takeaways

• Dr Chris Brown officially quit Channel 10 after 15 years to join Channel Seven in July.
  • Dr Chris began his TV career in 2003 as a presenter on Harry's Practice on Seven and more recently hosted Bondi Vet, The Project, I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! and The Living Room.
  • Dr Chris' move to Seven was referenced on Sunrise, with host David Koch saying weatherman Sam Mac had 'lured' Chris over with promises of lavish expenses.
  • An anonymous staff member said Channel 10 feels like 'a sinking ship' and the workplace is 'lacking direction and morale' as senior staff follow on-air talent out the door.
What do you think about Dr Chris’s move? Let us know in the comments!
No surprise really, It's been an Exodus of Rats leaving the sinking ship....Go WOKE Go BROKE!!

Off the track a bit here, but I have a gripe about repeats, especially THE CHASE when are some new contestants coming on Larry was only on the show for 2 or 3 months when Channel 7 started repeating the show, now we are seeing the same contestants return in a couple of weeks and it's getting very monotonous. Come on 7 some NEW episodes would be great.

Reactions: robbie's
Dr Chris is a big favorite of mine and I will watch him on any network. Funny, gorgeous and generous especially in The Dog House Australia. Let's hope 7 Network gets this series eventually and gets rid of the stupid Housewives series on that rubbish Channel 74! What a waste of time this 74 set up is!!!!

Last edited: