The Prince of Wheels: British Royal zooms through social media in quirky video

The Royal Family has been the centre of attention as of late for several reasons.

From looming health concerns to a myriad of speculations on social media, they continue to do their royal duties as mandated.

In a scene that captured thousands of people online, Prince William, the Prince of Wales, just embraced a modern and eco-friendly mode of transportation.

A video of the Prince zipping around Windsor Castle on an electric scooter recently made rounds on social media.

The footage, which has amassed millions of views, showed the 42-year-old heir to the British Throne gliding down a pathway before making a swift turn.

Clad in a smart-casual ensemble and a pair of sleek dark sunglasses, Prince William exuded a blend of royal dignity and relatable 'dad energy'.

prince william.PNG
Prince William reportedly went around the Windsor Castle in an electric scooter to attend to his royal duties. Image Credit: TikTok/Angela Xue

This, in turn, earned him the affectionate nickname 'The Prince of Wheels'.

Social media users praised the Prince's relaxed demeanour depicted in the video.

'Yes! It's the shades for me and the smart casual outfit for a meeting,' one commented.

'One thing is to read that Prince William often rides around Windsor Castle on an electric scooter, and another is to see him riding around Windsor Castle on one,' another wrote.

'Prince William is definitely the coolest Prince ever!' a third exclaimed online.

According to sources, Prince William acquired the electric scooter last year to reduce the 15-minute walk from his residence to Windsor Castle.

The residence, which he shares with his wife, Princess Catherine and their three children, entailed a two to three-mile round trip.

An insider revealed that the electric scooter served as a quick way for the Prince to attend to royal duties and visit his father, King Charles—who was at Windsor Castle on the day of filming the video.

Prince William's adoption of the electric scooter was not just a nod to modernity.

It also aligned with the Royal Family's growing environmental consciousness.

By choosing an electric scooter for short trips, the Prince showed an example of sustainable living by reducing his carbon footprint.

This move could also encourage others to consider alternative forms of transportation.

The video gave royal watchers a glimpse into the Royal Family's personal life and their willingness to adapt to changing times and new technologies.

It's a refreshing image that contrasts with the traditional and often formal perception of the monarchy.

Watch the Prince’s video here:

Source: Angela Xue/TikTok

However, zooming around electric scooters may come with caveats.

In a previous article, a Sydney home caught fire, suspectedly caused by an electric bike's lithium-ion batteries.

SDC Member @Zemo shared his thoughts on electronics with lithium-ion batteries and said they 'need to be treated and charged with the greatest circumspection'.
Key Takeaways

• Prince William was caught on camera riding an electric scooter along Windsor Castle's grounds.
  • The footage showcased the Prince in a smart casual outfit, and the video was well-received on social media for its relatability.
  • Social media users gave him the title 'The Prince of Wheels' for the now-popular video.
  • Prince William reportedly purchased the electric scooter to shorten his trips to Windsor Castle from his residence at Adelaide Cottage.
What are your thoughts on Prince William's new ride? Let us know in the comments section below!

Sponsored
I still wonder how much carbon emissions there are in creating the batteries for these electric vehicles and what will happen to all the batteries when they die? I also wonder the same about the production and disposal of solar panels, wind turbine blades and their batteries/ motors as well.

I still wonder how much carbon emissions there are in creating the batteries for these electric vehicles and what will happen to all the batteries when they die? I also wonder the same about the production and disposal of solar panels, wind turbine blades and their batteries/ motors as well.
The minerals mined to make solar panels, blades etc. are toxic. We are not told this, some of them never break down properly when obsolete.

Good on you Prince William, your Mum would be absolutely
"Chuffed" to see you zooming
around on an electric scooter.

I'm glad someone was there to catch the image of it, so we can
share in it, and how it can lighten out load.

As I am enjoying it right now, I am smiling and it gives me a
sense of "at least something has
occurred that can cause a smile"

The Prince with caption of July 4th? Independence Day for the USA. Not Britain, it doesn't add up.

I'd like to point out that as a very public figure who should be setting an example not just to his own children but to EVERYBODY worldwide who watches this video, he should have a HELMET on. What a downright stupid and irresponsible thing for him to do.

I’m not sure helmet laws apply on what is essentially private property, but it is the common sense thing to do wherever anyone rides any form of scooters, bikes, horses etc. I like that prince william is really a big kid at heart.