The one phrase every Aussie says

Australians are known for a lot of things – our laidback attitude, our love of sports and the great outdoors, and of course, our unique way of speaking. We often use slang that can leave outsiders feeling confused, but that's just how we roll Down Under!

But according to one woman, there's a phrase that Aussies use all the time that you might not even realise is unique to us. But once you hear it, you'll start noticing it everywhere!

Melbourne-based content creator Tiffany Krylov posted a TikTok explaining that the phrase ‘too easy’ was something Aussies incorporate into their vocabulary regularly.

It’s so commonly used here, to the point that even Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie picked up the phrase while filming in Sydney in 2014.

‘Hands up if you’re guilty,’ Tiffany wrote in the caption.

Aussie.jpg
How many times have you said ‘too easy’ today? Credit: Ben Mack/Pexels

In the clip, Tiffany shared that when her American friend pointed this out to her, she couldn’t ‘unhear it’. ‘This is truly how to speak like an Australian,’ she said.

‘Australians are chill, nothing is a bother to us. We always say things like “no worries” or “no wukkas” because we’re so easy-going,’ she continued.

Tiffany, who has her own podcast, claimed that ‘too easy’ is something Aussies tend to say when someone asks them for something. Its counterpart in the US might be ‘no problem’ or ‘understood’.

The phrase also means something along the lines of ‘easy to do’ and ‘no problem’, which is why there are a lot of variations to it. Tiffany herself says ‘easily done’ when someone asks her for a favour.

‘It is everywhere! Especially hospitality settings, that’s where you hear it the most,’ Tiffany explained.

She added: ‘If you ask for something, they’ll often say “too easy” or something similar.’

Tiffany joked that she loves saying this phrase now because of how accommodating it is, but also because it’s ‘a brag’.

‘So Aussie, I love it.’

Aussie2.jpg
The phrase is ‘practically unheard of’ in other parts of the world according to Tiffany. Credit: Bart Walus/Pexels

The phrase is so unique that in 2014, during a press conference, Angelina Jolie admitted that she picked up this local lingo while filming a movie. She said she was ‘delighted’ to hear it from the crew every time she got worried during a scene.

‘When you’re in the middle of 200 extras and there’s a lot to do in a very stressful shoot and you say, “Can we do this?” and they say “No worries!”’ She told reporters at the time.

Tiffany’s fans shared their own opinions in her comments section.

‘I hear “easy as” all the time,’ said one man.

Another added: ‘“Too easy” is my go-to, but I hear “easy as”, “easy done”, and just the simple “easy”.’

‘Haha, yeah. I got questioned by American friends years ago about “easy as”, they were like “easy as what? What’s so easy?”’ shared another.

You can watch Tiffany’s video below:

Key Takeaways

• According to TikTok content creator, Tiffany Krylov, the phrase ‘too easy’ is unique to Australia and is used to indicate that something is not a problem or a bother.
  • Aussies use the phrase regularly because they are generally laid back and easy-going.
  • Angelina Jolie became a fan of the phrase after hearing it while filming in Sydney in 2014.
Do you use this phrase too? What are some of the phrases you know that are uniquely Australian? Share them with us in the comments!

Sponsored
Oh dear at 66yrs of age do I/we oldies have to have some "content creator" tell us about our own colloquialisms.

Can this tik tok star say the word colloquialism even or spell it without google LOL

All the young people will come up with anything for likes and attention. I could add in my time the word "Ridge" or "Ridgey Didge" was very common, even more recent thing such as "too right" or "she'll be right mate" is more common that too easy. Look up "Bonza" "Beyond the Black Stump"

Young ppl know jack shit about Australian white culture, strine etc

Australians are known for a lot of things – our laidback attitude, our love of sports and the great outdoors, and of course, our unique way of speaking. We often use slang that can leave outsiders feeling confused, but that's just how we roll Down Under!

But according to one woman, there's a phrase that Aussies use all the time that you might not even realise is unique to us. But once you hear it, you'll start noticing it everywhere!

Melbourne-based content creator Tiffany Krylov posted a TikTok explaining that the phrase ‘too easy’ was something Aussies incorporate into their vocabulary regularly.

It’s so commonly used here, to the point that even Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie picked up the phrase while filming in Sydney in 2014.

‘Hands up if you’re guilty,’ Tiffany wrote in the caption.

View attachment 10053
How many times have you said ‘too easy’ today? Credit: Ben Mack/Pexels

In the clip, Tiffany shared that when her American friend pointed this out to her, she couldn’t ‘unhear it’. ‘This is truly how to speak like an Australian,’ she said.

‘Australians are chill, nothing is a bother to us. We always say things like “no worries” or “no wukkas” because we’re so easy-going,’ she continued.

Tiffany, who has her own podcast, claimed that ‘too easy’ is something Aussies tend to say when someone asks them for something. Its counterpart in the US might be ‘no problem’ or ‘understood’.

The phrase also means something along the lines of ‘easy to do’ and ‘no problem’, which is why there are a lot of variations to it. Tiffany herself says ‘easily done’ when someone asks her for a favour.

‘It is everywhere! Especially hospitality settings, that’s where you hear it the most,’ Tiffany explained.

She added: ‘If you ask for something, they’ll often say “too easy” or something similar.’

Tiffany joked that she loves saying this phrase now because of how accommodating it is, but also because it’s ‘a brag’.

‘So Aussie, I love it.’

View attachment 10054
The phrase is ‘practically unheard of’ in other parts of the world according to Tiffany. Credit: Bart Walus/Pexels

The phrase is so unique that in 2014, during a press conference, Angelina Jolie admitted that she picked up this local lingo while filming a movie. She said she was ‘delighted’ to hear it from the crew every time she got worried during a scene.

‘When you’re in the middle of 200 extras and there’s a lot to do in a very stressful shoot and you say, “Can we do this?” and they say “No worries!”’ She told reporters at the time.

Tiffany’s fans shared their own opinions in her comments section.

‘I hear “easy as” all the time,’ said one man.

Another added: ‘“Too easy” is my go-to, but I hear “easy as”, “easy done”, and just the simple “easy”.’

‘Haha, yeah. I got questioned by American friends years ago about “easy as”, they were like “easy as what? What’s so easy?”’ shared another.

You can watch Tiffany’s video below:

Key Takeaways

• According to TikTok content creator, Tiffany Krylov, the phrase ‘too easy’ is unique to Australia and is used to indicate that something is not a problem or a bother.
  • Aussies use the phrase regularly because they are generally laid back and easy-going.
  • Angelina Jolie became a fan of the phrase after hearing it while filming in Sydney in 2014.
Do you use this phrase too? What are some of the phrases you know that are uniquely Australian? Share them with us in the comments!

Yeah/Nah

Here we goes ...Aussie Slang it is wonderful ... I say :too easy" offen NEVER "No wukka" but She'll be jake, Mate". is a common comment I make . If someone tells me an amazing story and claims it to be true ..I may comment "Well, Wouldn't that tear the fork out of your best nighty" Don't ask just accept it LOL If you dont know what they mean then come to Australia and ask someone. If you want to confirm a comment by someone you state Too Right, Mate... Lots of these things and most times we don't look twice it is Bonza! Alright?

Reactions: ShannyN
I often use ' no worries' but NO WUKKAS I have never heard this 🤔

I was in a online group which had a couple of Aussies but mostly American's and a few Canadians and they said we had a language of our own
Have heard this - no wukkas but personally don't use it. Use 'no worries' all the time (along with a lot of other 'quotes' 😉)

Reactions: Suzanne rose