SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
The new cricket player- a joke by member Ian R.

“A young man (Paul) gets a job at a new company. On his first day the Captain of the company social cricket club asks him if he plays cricket.

“Yes”, he replies.“

That’s great, could you play this Saturday?” asks the Captain.

“Yes. What time and where?” The Captain tells him and Paul says he could be half an hour late.

Saturday arrives and Paul is on time for the match. He is a star. He bowls right handed and takes 6 wickets. He bats right handed and scores a century and his team wins the match.

The Captain is rapt by Paul’s effort and asks if he can play again next week, same time, same place.

Paul agrees, but says again “I could be half an hour late.”

Saturday arrives and Paul is on time for the match. Again he is a star, but this week he bats and bowls left handed, scoring another century and taking 7 wickets. They win again. The Captain is so happy and again asks if Paul can play next week, same time, same place. Paul agrees and says again, “I could be half an hour late.”

Next Saturday arrives and there is no sign of Paul at the start of the match, the Captain is worried. Finally, half an hour after the start of the match, Paul arrives. He quickly joins the team and again is the star player, helping them win again.

After the match, the Captain is a little confused.

He asks Paul, “The first game you arrived on time and batted and bowled right handed, the second week you arrived on time and batted and bowled left handed and this week you were half an hour late. I’m confused.

”Paul replies, “It’s quite simple really. When I wake up if my wife is on her right side I bat and bowl right handed. If she’s on her left side I bat and bowl left handed. If she is on her back I’m half an hour late.”

Ahahaha a big thank you to member Ian R. for sharing this hilarious joke!

“A young man (Paul) gets a job at a new company. On his first day the Captain of the company social cricket club asks him if he plays cricket.

“Yes”, he replies.“

“Yes. What time and where?” The Captain tells him and Paul says he could be half an hour late.

Saturday arrives and Paul is on time for the match. He is a star. He bowls right handed and takes 6 wickets. He bats right handed and scores a century and his team wins the match.

The Captain is rapt by Paul’s effort and asks if he can play again next week, same time, same place.

Saturday arrives and Paul is on time for the match. Again he is a star, but this week he bats and bowls left handed, scoring another century and taking 7 wickets. They win again. The Captain is so happy and again asks if Paul can play next week, same time, same place. Paul agrees and says again, “I could be half an hour late.”

Next Saturday arrives and there is no sign of Paul at the start of the match, the Captain is worried. Finally, half an hour after the start of the match, Paul arrives. He quickly joins the team and again is the star player, helping them win again.

He asks Paul, “The first game you arrived on time and batted and bowled right handed, the second week you arrived on time and batted and bowled left handed and this week you were half an hour late. I’m confused.

”Paul replies, “It’s quite simple really. When I wake up if my wife is on her right side I bat and bowl right handed. If she’s on her left side I bat and bowl left handed. If she is on her back I’m half an hour late.”

A golf joke re-imagined.. ;)

“Yes”, he replies.“

?????

“Yes”, he replies.“

please explain