The Morning Show’s Larry Emdur sparks debate online with his ‘dish jenga’ post: “That is SO stressful”

On Sunday, Aussie TV personality Larry Emdur shared a video on his Instagram account, showing a rather… unique way of drying the dishes.

The Morning Show host filmed their household’s coffee mugs, wine glasses, bowls, chopping boards, utensils, and plastic containers hazardously stacked on top of each other on their kitchen top.

By letting their kitchenware hang like this, Larry is letting the air do its job of drying them. But his wife, Sylvie, was said to be not a fan of his unusual method.

“Sylvie hates it when I do this; she says it causes her large amounts of stress,” wrote the 57-year-old TV host.

“I think it’s a clever and practical use of available space. What do you think?”

yj_POcNFuRl70BGf0HJoFLhLI2WdUPuh2IS5ZtpXtgNVgEY27hjm_Uv7WUe1ZhatW1REIZSDSgkiAkGzyuHrw0sRw58EpTEbXP3jnA1d1s9XqanC1V0lyunR4vmC2eAVvntbKrbE

Larry Emdur has an unusual way to stack the dishes. Credit: Instagram/@larryemdur.

Many of his followers, including fellow TV personalities, left comments on the post, and people’s opinions were mixed, to say the least.

Half of them were on his wife Sylvie’s side, expressing that stacking glassware on top of one another is an accident waiting to happen. On the other hand, people praised him for his ingenious way of drying the dishes.

Channel Seven’s Samantha Armytage wrote, “Omg. That is SO stressful”, coupled with an exploding head emoji.

Fellow TV host Natalie Barr agreed with Samantha and added, “[Sylvie] is right. You are wrong.”

At first glance, it seemed that Emdur’s followers all disagreed with him. “Disaster waiting to happen when it slides.”

Another person added: “Larry, what are you thinking? I’m with Sylvie on this one too!”

However, there were also those who agreed with Larry and pointed out that the technique is handy for drying all the dishes at once.

Aussie actress Virginia Gay wrote: “Prac. Ti. CAL. Why have one layer, when you could have SEVERAL LAYERS all working SIMULTANEOUSLY.”

Fellow husband Manu Feildel agreed with Larry as well, saying: “I get it mate, I'm on your side with this one.”

One of his followers also found the hack to be “bloody genius” and added that he could still add a few more utensils on top of the pile. “There is definitely room for a lot more on there though. Skill level: Strong amateur/semi-pro stacker!”

What do you think, folks? Are you on Team Larry or Team Sylvie?

Reactions: Ricci
Sponsored
Larry go buy a dishwasher! I have no room for a dishwasher so I do just that except, being just me, mine is single level….

I wouldn't dare leave dishes like this in my house! We have two cats, one is a naughty 9kg Maine Coon who loves getting up on the benches when I'm not there to tell him off. He would knock the whole lot flying!

• Wow
Reactions: Vinylted and chezna
Mine always tends to look like this, don't own a dishwashern never have & never intend to do so and everyone should know by now that it is way more hygenic to air dry dishes etc than it is to wipe them dry with a tea towel. At least that's the ruling of all tuckshops here in Qld....Air Dry after dishwashing or hand washing.