SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
M

Maddison Dwyer

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 20, 2021
The Golden Years - By Member Rest1953

Member @rest1953 sent me this joke via PM and I just had to share it with everyone else...

THE GOLDEN YEARS.
Several days ago as I left a meeting at our church, I desperately gave myself a personal TSA pat down. I was looking for my car keys. They were not in my pockets. A quick search in the meeting room revealed nothing.
Suddenly I realized, I must have left them in the car. Frantically, I headed for the parking lot. My wife has scolded me many times for leaving the keys in the ignition. My theory is the ignition is the best place not to lose them. Her theory is that the car will be stolen. As I burst through the doors of the church, I came to a terrifying conclusion. Her theory was right. The parking lot was empty.
I immediately called the police. I gave them my location, confessed that I had left my keys in the car, and that it had been stolen. Then I made the most difficult call of all … "Honey," I stammered. I always call her "honey" in times like these. "I left my keys in the car, and it has been stolen."
There was a period of silence. I thought the call had been dropped, but then I heard her voice. "Idiot", she barked, "I dropped you off!"
Now it was my time to be silent. Embarrassed, I said, "Well, come and get me."
She retorted, "I will, as soon as I can convince this policeman I have not stolen your car."
Yep, it's getting like that. The golden years.

Who here has done this?! I must admit I've done it before, but luckily I called my partner first before getting the police involved :ROFLMAO:

I have gone shopping and hopped out of the car whilst talking on the phone not looking where I parked.When I have finished shopping I go to the car park but can’t remember where I parked .Nana@Goulburn

I have gone shopping and hopped out of the car whilst talking on the phone not looking where I parked.When I have finished shopping I go to the car park but can’t remember where I parked .Nana@Goulburn
Yep been there, done that, especially multi storey car parks, now I take a picture of the bay number before I leave the car, makes it easier to find it again.