The GENIUS gift wrapping hack using an UNLIKELY $3 Kmart buy that everyone raves about — "Great idea!"

Have you ever struggled wrapping a big present for your loved one? Do you absolutely hate having to cut up multiple pieces of wrapping paper just to wrap one gift? And then, of course, you run out.

Sound familiar? It does to us. Thankfully, we have found a hack that will surely bring an end to your wrapping troubles.

A mum has shared her genius hack for wrapping huge presents using an unlikely $3 buy from Kmart.

Any guesses as to what it is?

Perth mum Lauren Clark took to Facebook to share her gift wrapping hack with fellow mums who had a hard time wrapping gifts.

"Have you ever had a big present to wrap and had to use two rolls of gift wrap because the rolls are too narrow?" she asked the members of the Kmart Mums Australia Facebook group.

She then revealed that she now uses a party table cover to wrap her gifts.

p_G0JUSuRw96zgkNb0CEpTfMlVNuR_4Fy95QPaBLpOEbvhoD7EW4JF4yCFi2L6yyADxQueDEw4h0x_VU3LXTsx8AVptjMb55be_UZjORCy5v74v2Zk4H0PCCBrtFKVGDxRrzmGc

A mum revealed her hack for wrapping big, heavy gifts. Credit: Facebook/Kmart Mums Australia.

The mum admitted that she gets frustrated when the wrapping paper gets ripped every time she wraps a present that is big and heavy, claiming that the party table cover has the same cost as a roll of paper and allows her to save money as it can be reused.

She wrote: "It’s worked like a charm! How have I never thought of this before!!"

The post gained traction among Facebook users, with many praising Lauren for her "genius" hack.

One woman wrote: "Great idea!"

"Thanks for sharing. Will do this to wrap my son’s bike for his birthday," one mum quipped.

A third added: "My mil used to do this back in the 70’s."

Rzf1RgcvGu4Mnmj2yFuT9yjt3l0kC4HXVPrh-khaKNSDCHr3P1U7HJ4AIwg2Mz08yMXVWf24IxUZWdA5_PXU9acNxHnVA4EXzrYJ5LmcmY-pxSxfnHOYeroTjm7fotJY56AH0_g

The reusable table covers retail for only $3. Credit: Kmart.

However, others said that the idea may not be good as the covers are made with plastic instead of paper so it is not environmentally-friendly.

Lauren replied to this concern, writing: "You can fold it up and reuse it."

Another mum shared an alternative hack for holiday-themed gifts.

"I did this at Christmas too with Christmas tablecloths," she wrote.

The $3 Reusable Heavy Duty Tablecover is available on Kmart's website in most stores across the country. To find out if your local store has them, please visit this link.

Do you know of any other gift wrapping hacks? Share them with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC can use them too!

Sponsored
The GENIUS gift wrapping hack using an UNLIKELY $3 Kmart buy that everyone raves about — "Great idea!"

Have you ever struggled wrapping a big present for your loved one? Do you absolutely hate having to cut up multiple pieces of wrapping paper just to wrap one gift? And then, of course, you run out.

Sound familiar? It does to us. Thankfully, we have found a hack that will surely bring an end to your wrapping troubles.

A mum has shared her genius hack for wrapping huge presents using an unlikely $3 buy from Kmart.

Perth mum Lauren Clark took to Facebook to share her gift wrapping hack with fellow mums who had a hard time wrapping gifts.

"Have you ever had a big present to wrap and had to use two rolls of gift wrap because the rolls are too narrow?" she asked the members of the Kmart Mums Australia Facebook group.

p_G0JUSuRw96zgkNb0CEpTfMlVNuR_4Fy95QPaBLpOEbvhoD7EW4JF4yCFi2L6yyADxQueDEw4h0x_VU3LXTsx8AVptjMb55be_UZjORCy5v74v2Zk4H0PCCBrtFKVGDxRrzmGc

A mum revealed her hack for wrapping big, heavy gifts. Credit: Facebook/Kmart Mums Australia.

The mum admitted that she gets frustrated when the wrapping paper gets ripped every time she wraps a present that is big and heavy, claiming that the party table cover has the same cost as a roll of paper and allows her to save money as it can be reused.

She wrote: "It’s worked like a charm! How have I never thought of this before!!"

The post gained traction among Facebook users, with many praising Lauren for her "genius" hack.

"Thanks for sharing. Will do this to wrap my son’s bike for his birthday," one mum quipped.

Rzf1RgcvGu4Mnmj2yFuT9yjt3l0kC4HXVPrh-khaKNSDCHr3P1U7HJ4AIwg2Mz08yMXVWf24IxUZWdA5_PXU9acNxHnVA4EXzrYJ5LmcmY-pxSxfnHOYeroTjm7fotJY56AH0_g

However, others said that the idea may not be good as the covers are made with plastic instead of paper so it is not environmentally-friendly.

The $3 Reusable Heavy Duty Tablecover is available on Kmart's website in most stores across the country. To find out if your local store has them, please visit this link.

Do you know of any other gift wrapping hacks? Share them with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC can use them too!
Two presents in one!

Reactions: Ricci

I wrap in brown paper or ikea drawing paper then a large strip of party paper in middle of parcel..alternatively I let the kids potato print on the ikea paper

Reactions: Liz and Julia TH
This is a great idea that I first heard about years ago. I don't like the idea of plastic so I buy the paper party table cloths from the cheap discount store. They are usually less than $3, are very large and the heavy duty paper doesn't tear easily. They come in all sirts of beautiful colours even Christmas thed es

I use cloth table covers to wrap gifts. They are more friendly to the environment and are definitely reusable. I buy when they are on special from cheap shops and they are really good.

• Love
Reactions: terri and Julia TH
Thank you so much for your life hack. In a few days, I will have an anniversary with my boyfriend. I have been thinking for a long time about what to give him, and my friend advised me of an online store with customized Valentine's day gifts. I could not decide, because they have a great range of products, so I ordered a few gifts. But another problem arose: I did not know how to package all these gifts. I was lucky that I found your life hack in this time, because it helped me to pack the gifts beautifully in one box.