The Duchess of York faces a new major health crisis

Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, has been diagnosed with another form of cancer.

After her recent diagnosis of breast cancer, the duchess has now been diagnosed with malignant melanoma, a dangerous form of skin cancer.

The 64-year-old Duchess had a mole removed during her treatment for breast cancer, which was later identified as malignant melanoma.

This aggressive form of skin cancer is known for its ability to spread to other parts of the body if not caught early.

The Duchess of York's medical team is currently working to determine the stage of the disease.

SDC 1.png
Sarah Ferguson has been diagnosed with malignant melanoma. Image source: Instagram/@sarahferguson15.

'Following her diagnosis with an early form of breast cancer this summer, Sarah, Duchess of York, has now been diagnosed with malignant melanoma,' a spokesperson for the Duchess said.

'Her dermatologist asked that several moles [be] removed and analysed at the same time as the Duchess was undergoing reconstructive surgery following her mastectomy, and one of these has been identified as cancerous.'

'Clearly, another diagnosis so soon after treatment for breast cancer has been distressing, but the Duchess remains in good spirits,' the spokesperson added.

The Duchess of York has also expressed her gratitude towards her medical team, particularly her dermatologist, whose vigilance led to the early detection of the melanoma.

She emphasised the importance of regular skin checks, urging everyone to monitor the size, shape, colour, texture, and emergence of new moles, which can be signs of melanoma.

Symptoms of melanoma.jpg

The Duchess of York's health journey began last year when she was diagnosed with breast cancer.

She underwent surgery and treatment at the private King Edward VII’s hospital in London—a preferred choice for members of the royal family.

As a patron of the Teenage Cancer Trust and a speaker at a Breast Cancer Foundation gala in 2019, she has been a vocal advocate for cancer awareness and recovery support.

This news comes amidst a wave of health concerns within the royal family.

King Charles is due to undergo treatment for an enlarged prostate, a condition affecting thousands of men each year.

'His Majesty’s condition is benign, and he will attend hospital next week for a corrective procedure. The king’s public engagements will be postponed for a short period of recuperation,' the palace said.

Meanwhile, the Princess of Wales is recovering in hospital after a successful planned abdominal surgery.

Her public engagements have been cancelled until Easter.
Key Takeaways

• Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, has been diagnosed with malignant melanoma.
  • The diagnosis came after a mole was removed and tested during her treatment for early breast cancer.
  • The Duchess remains in high spirits and is undergoing further investigations to ensure the cancer was caught early.
  • She has emphasised the importance of regular checks for new moles, as this vigilance contributed to the early detection of her skin cancer.
Members, what are your thoughts on this latest news? Let us know in the comments below.

Last edited:
Sponsored
It's a 30 min drive from mine but all my daughters go there and I go whenever I have a wedding or an event. Whenever it's one of my daughters wedding they also give us wine n crackers n cheese.

My girls love the results and customer service they won't go anywhere else. But you need to book
Thank you for all your help @Suzanne rose. Just about to lift off from Perth Here we go down the runway . When I land I’ll almost feel like a resident of Sydney because of your info! Hope this is readable, not wearing my reading glasses 🤓 👍🏻

Seriously that's what they used back then until my uncle's back after getting sunburnt turned infected and the hospital said it was from using tomato 🍅

If I get burnt now or one of my kids don't apply enough sunscreen I use Alovera which is the best
The sap from a freshly broken aloe vera plant works wonders!

I only like the take off and landing. A little turbulence is good too. Breaks up the boredom. But this is only a short flight anyway. Those long haul flights aren’t enjoyable for me; 10+ hours. Brekkie will be served shortly.
Brekkie? It's nearly 10 am here!

And watch out for American travel bloggers whinging about the Aussie vocabulary.

Dang! Y'all rednecks!

Reactions: DLHM
I only like the take off and landing. A little turbulence is good too. Breaks up the boredom. But this is only a short flight anyway. Those long haul flights aren’t enjoyable for me; 10+ hours. Brekkie will be served shortly.
I'm going to do the train trip from Sydney to Perth on The Indian Pacific later this year but will fly back to Sydney

Brekkie? It's nearly 10 am here!

And watch out for American travel bloggers whinging about the Aussie vocabulary.

Dang! Y'all rednecks!
Hahaha! Looks like majority are Aussies. Very quiet flight, surprisingly because the plane’s quite full. I think we’re all still tired. 😴 know I am. My daughter was handing out lorazepam, so I thought, why not. Hopefully I’ll doze off. 😴

• Haha
Reactions: Veggiepatch
Hahaha! Looks like majority are Aussies. Very quiet flight, surprisingly because the plane’s quite full. I think we’re all still tired. 😴 know I am. My daughter was handing out lorazepam, so I thought, why not. Hopefully I’ll doze off. 😴
School holidays are over probably why it’s so quiet. 😊

I'm going to do the train trip from Sydney to Perth on The Indian Pacific later this year but will fly back to Sydney
Let me know when you plan to get to Perth. Years ago, I took the Indian Pacific from Perth to Adelaide, then from there the Ghan to Darwin. Went through most of the Nullarbor at night thankfully.