The $59 Kmart appliance that shoppers are raving about — “It’s amazing!”

Kmart fans were clamouring over the retailer's affordable version of a pricey household appliance. Any guesses as to what it might be?

Back in 2009, the original Dyson bladeless fans debuted at the market, taking Aussies by storm.

The fans, which quickly became a must-have item for many of us, promised to be quieter, more efficient, and easier to clean than conventional fans.

While Aussies were rushing to get their hands on this household item, it can't be denied that the product came with a hefty price tag. We decided to stick with the classic blade fans for a little while longer.

And as we all know, great inventions inspire other producers to create their own versions of similar products in a bid to provide a greater choice and price point to consumers.

One such retailer that produced their own version of the bladeless fan is discount retailer Kmart.

NO0_ld3St2GzHvMTNVOxqYe9ZhdVyih4R2nix9DyuTE62MtG29PAiira9yHodp6pYgusQe6VuK4RLvGBNKAfnT2xbScEylqimzf2PRhh4RGNrhfxGhppFHOAu6-khp2V-YeciME

Kmart produced an affordable version of the bladeless fan. Credit: Kmart.

Each summer, Kmart followers are asked to review the bladeless fan models available at the budget retailer, with fans giving their opinions on the $59 desktop model and the $89 floor-standing model.

And customers can't stop singing praise when it comes to these cool air slinging machines!

One mum wrote in a popular Kmart Mums Facebook group: "Bladeless one, it's fricken amazing."

"We sleep with it on in our room every night and it works really well. No complaints" wrote another.

Others recommended the fans to those who have not tried using them for themselves.

"I have the Kmart one and love it, great how it has a built-in light," one fan wrote in the Kmart Hacks and Decor group.

Another added: "I got it because my pedestal fan was too loud and the low speed was really high; got one of these and have it on constantly and not loud."

A third chimed in: "Got the bladeless one and I’m a light sleeper and I don’t find it noisy at all. I love mine!"

"We have these in the kids' rooms. I think they're quite good," one person quipped.

"Probably slightly noisier... But far better than the horrendous rattle the blade fan towers made."

L8P-3GBmHZUr2M_qNktnPdFhQ8nc5wBmXSORlGGCKn8MTs0zJSIWBkIMHDrQdKYb5S0aK8dbsc9JkDBkNOrGrKm0S7ZH6v7HM8mIGJ7o058cPc_46mzMocyIGxGluGzDt-4yak4

Kmart shoppers were singing their praises for the retailer’s budget-friendly version of the bladeless fan. Credit: Getty Images.

Meanwhile, a number critiqued the fan for being not as powerful as the traditional pedestal style fans.

One person wrote: "There is a bit of a noise, but nothing to worry about, I am actually surprised how good it is,"

"We have one in our baby's room (we’re worried about little fingers in the fan)," another added.

"It’s ok, it’s not any quieter/louder than a conventional fan. Due to the design, it is less powerful than a typical fan. But it does the job."

For those who are curious how bladeless fans work, here's a video of Sir James Dyson explaining how the technology behind this household item:

Credit: YouTube/The Telegraph

So if your old pedestal fan is keeping you up at night during this intense wave of summer heat, it might be time to pop into Kmart and treat yourself to a bladeless fan!

Reactions: Akira11 and Ricci
Sponsored
Well l for one, wont be buying one. Purrfectly happy with my $15 Kmart fan. Not only is it a fan, but it is just the right amount of white noise that has me sleeping like a log all night. Sorry, but wouldn't waste my money on a Dyson product, they just aren't worth it.

The $59 Kmart appliance that shoppers are raving about — “It’s amazing!”

Kmart fans were clamouring over the retailer's affordable version of a pricey household appliance. Any guesses as to what it might be?

Back in 2009, the original Dyson bladeless fans debuted at the market, taking Aussies by storm.

The fans, which quickly became a must-have item for many of us, promised to be quieter, more efficient, and easier to clean than conventional fans.

While Aussies were rushing to get their hands on this household item, it can't be denied that the product came with a hefty price tag. We decided to stick with the classic blade fans for a little while longer.

And as we all know, great inventions inspire other producers to create their own versions of similar products in a bid to provide a greater choice and price point to consumers.

One such retailer that produced their own version of the bladeless fan is discount retailer Kmart.

NO0_ld3St2GzHvMTNVOxqYe9ZhdVyih4R2nix9DyuTE62MtG29PAiira9yHodp6pYgusQe6VuK4RLvGBNKAfnT2xbScEylqimzf2PRhh4RGNrhfxGhppFHOAu6-khp2V-YeciME

Kmart produced an affordable version of the bladeless fan. Credit: Kmart.

Each summer, Kmart followers are asked to review the bladeless fan models available at the budget retailer, with fans giving their opinions on the $59 desktop model and the $89 floor-standing model.

And customers can't stop singing praise when it comes to these cool air slinging machines!

One mum wrote in a popular Kmart Mums Facebook group: "Bladeless one, it's fricken amazing."

"We sleep with it on in our room every night and it works really well. No complaints" wrote another.

Others recommended the fans to those who have not tried using them for themselves.

"I have the Kmart one and love it, great how it has a built-in light," one fan wrote in the Kmart Hacks and Decor group.

Another added: "I got it because my pedestal fan was too loud and the low speed was really high; got one of these and have it on constantly and not loud."

A third chimed in: "Got the bladeless one and I’m a light sleeper and I don’t find it noisy at all. I love mine!"

"We have these in the kids' rooms. I think they're quite good," one person quipped.

"Probably slightly noisier... But far better than the horrendous rattle the blade fan towers made."

L8P-3GBmHZUr2M_qNktnPdFhQ8nc5wBmXSORlGGCKn8MTs0zJSIWBkIMHDrQdKYb5S0aK8dbsc9JkDBkNOrGrKm0S7ZH6v7HM8mIGJ7o058cPc_46mzMocyIGxGluGzDt-4yak4

Kmart shoppers were singing their praises for the retailer’s budget-friendly version of the bladeless fan. Credit: Getty Images.

Meanwhile, a number critiqued the fan for being not as powerful as the traditional pedestal style fans.

One person wrote: "There is a bit of a noise, but nothing to worry about, I am actually surprised how good it is,"

"We have one in our baby's room (we’re worried about little fingers in the fan)," another added.

"It’s ok, it’s not any quieter/louder than a conventional fan. Due to the design, it is less powerful than a typical fan. But it does the job."

For those who are curious how bladeless fans work, here's a video of Sir James Dyson explaining how the technology behind this household item:

Credit: YouTube/The Telegraph

So if your old pedestal fan is keeping you up at night during this intense wave of summer heat, it might be time to pop into Kmart and treat yourself to a bladeless fan!

I did see them in my local Kmart last week. This is interesting because didn't the Dyson get a thumbs down from Choice Magazine?

I’m thinking of buying a fan and might give this a go and it’s at an affordable price. Thank you.

Reactions: Ricci
I think I will stick to my cheap Kmart pedestal fan. It does the job.

Well l for one, wont be buying one. Purrfectly happy with my $15 Kmart fan. Not only is it a fan, but it is just the right amount of white noise that has me sleeping like a log all night. Sorry, but wouldn't waste my money on a Dyson product, they just aren't worth it.
And choice reviewed bladeless fans and didn't recommend any.

Reactions: Vinylted and Ricci
I have two DeLonghi pedestal fans. Come with Remote, which is handy for bedroom fan. VERY quiet (& judging by background noise of the bladeless Dyson one mine is much quieter). Has full 360 degree turn, Three different type of air flows, from Nature, Intermittent & Fan. Three different speeds, gentle for all night to powerful. Can direct fan straight up to ceiling down to floor. The putting together of 'cage' holding blades WAS a bit of a struggle but they seem to have improved on this with the latest model. I love them. They are though over $100 from Good Guys, but well worth the price!

Reactions: Vinylted and Ricci
I have put ceiling fans right through my house... air-conditioning goes off and people can sleep with a fan directly over their bed....only drawback is the cost... 150 per fan on special at the time...and another 150 per fan to have them installed by electrician... but I think the money it's saved me in electricity bills... its paid off now.

I have put ceiling fans right through my house... air-conditioning goes off and people can sleep with a fan directly over their bed....only drawback is the cost... 150 per fan on special at the time...and another 150 per fan to have them installed by electrician... but I think the money it's saved me in electricity bills... its paid off now.
I agree. When I had a refrigerated, reverse cycle system put in to cover the kitchen, dining and lounge room I said if ever it got too hot we could sleep in the lounge. Never needed to sleep in the lounge after installing ceiling fans in all bedrooms.

After many holiday trips to Queensland many years ago, we found that all the ceiling fans did was move hot muggy air around still leaving us very uncomfortable. For tha last 20 plus years of my working life I was a three shift worker. Impossible to sleep in summertime daytime heat so I installed a small air conditioner. Wonderful and in time whole house was airconditioned right up to our present retirement unit. I have a cheap pedestal fan for the rare times I need one. :D

I agree. When I had a refrigerated, reverse cycle system put in to cover the kitchen, dining and lounge room I said if ever it got too hot we could sleep in the lounge. Never needed to sleep in the lounge after installing ceiling fans in all bedrooms.
My electrician charges less per fan when installing 2 or more at one time

I have Well l for one, wont be buying one. Purrfectly happy with my $15 Kmart fan. Not only is it a fan, but it is just the right amount of white noise that has me sleeping like a log all night. Sorry, but wouldn't waste my money on a Dyson product, they just aren't worth it.
I have one too, the best value for money!