That’s life with Pete – Easter in Australia

Note from the Editor:
This article was kindly written for the SDC by member Peter M.

The supermarkets give us ample warning that Easter is approaching. As soon as the Christmas decorations are put into storage, hot cross buns, chocolate novelties and eggs of all sizes and colours are given highly visible promotional locations throughout the stores.

For some people, this is what the season of Easter is all about. For others, it’s a chance to get away from work to enjoy the break with family and friends. While the blocked highways might be a bit trying on our patience, Easter is a favourite time for campers, and we see a great exodus out of our cities to enjoy a bush setting, either in the ‘rough,’ in the humble tent or camper trailer or with all the trimmings, including the kitchen sink, in a ‘glamping’ situation.

Last edited:
Sponsored
I feel so sorry for people who believe in the mythical person called Jesus. There is no one to look up to who that is real & as there is no person that is God either' yes you have it right that Easter was a Pagan festival that celebrated women but male society demanded a male-dominated religion as they didn't like being second to females. Which they are always going to be. I, one of thinking women in the world know & believe that & have never been taken in by the created religion.
It’s most definitely a personal choice. Even as a child, I just could not believe the whole Christianity thing that my mum tried to brainwash me with. To this day, I believe all religion is evil. I let my children know my views when they were growing up, but let them make up their own minds. Three of my kids don’t practice and/or believe in any religion, but one has chosen to go the Roman Catholic route in a big way, which is fine.
I neither commend nor condemn anyone of their own personal choice as long as it doesn’t impact me.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Veggiepatch
I have just come in from my orthopaedic surgeon every thing went so well plus I was able to be accompanied by a very special friend this was a great gift yes easter has always been and forever will be all about our lord and family but such a great great gift today no need for any more operations

At Easter I temporarily come out of Retirement and have a four day holiday and do absolutely nothing except relax.
After Easter I go back to Retirement again and do next to nothing.
Very Zen really.

I have just come in from my orthopaedic surgeon every thing went so well plus I was able to be accompanied by a very special friend this was a great gift yes easter has always been and forever will be all about our lord and family but such a great great gift today no need for any more operations
Very good News for you, especially with a very good friend tho was able to be with you. No doubt this will be an Easter to remember.

Plain & simple anyone who lives here in AussieLand really don't care about the so-called meanings of any of the Public Holidays as long as they get paid for having a day of work.

People I know who fast I have told them ,fasting is really giving up something you love, to me that would be coffee.

I have also said it doesn't need to be food, it can be eg playstation, computer ect .

Im married to a Greek and their fasting is awhole month without anything from an animal
Enjoying my coffee now I'm home after going to 8am Mass.

Reactions: Suzanne rose
I'm sitting here stunned at some of these comments and how people believe the whole Jesus story was made up !!

Sorry to tell you people but it is history and and there is proof that Jesus existed . How sad that people think there is no God.
Did we just appear through the big bang?

Did the big bang have a brain to make everything so perfect. To make a woman and man who can go on and make more humans.
We take things for granted , the air we breath, the water we have, the trees which help us breath . Did this well planned jigsaw of what is life just appear?

I agree that alot of religions are evil and don't even go by Gods Word , The Bible.

I was once the biggest athiest but all of a sudden I felt God speaking into my heart.

This took a few years for me to accept but I then invited God into my life and started studying the bible in full.
Everything I read I want proof, which is why it took me so long to study it.

I nolonger go to church as I have seen wrong in many, but this all the man made rules added not Gods rule.

I don't bible bash but will discuss Gods way when asked.

I think we should agree to disagree but at the same time don't be rude.

Blasphemy is very serious and I'm seeing alot of you as Blasphemous .

Alot of people act how some of you are as they are scared of there actually being a God.

why are the numbers so High of people when they are old or dying start reaching for God.

I'm more that happy to have private discussions , just message me or maybe start a post for questions n answers

• Love
Reactions: Ezzy and Jo Piper3
I am a believer & know what is written about the crucifixion & resurrection is true.

Some years ago l attended a course, for any Religious denomination, called Lab 1 & included a Catholic Priest, Salvation Army Officers & an Archbishop. On the last day the instructor read from a book by WALTER WANGERIN titled 'RAGMAN and other cries of faith'. The story he read was 'Ragman'. This tells the story of Jesus death & resurrection in a modern way from a third eye.

The story starts on a Friday when the author sees a Ragman pulling a cart full of rags & new items. He witnesses many miracles such as the one armed man leaning against a telephone pole who couldn't work. The Ragman pressed this man to change coats with him & when he does the Ragman only has one arm but the receiver two good arms.

The writer had to run to keep up with the Ragman & followed him to a landfill where he climbed a hill & died. The author climbed into a junk car & slept through to Sunday morning when he was wakened by a bright light & witnessed the Ragman, alive & without rags. The author undressed himself & asked to be dressed by "My Lord"

I have never been able to read this story without shedding several tears.

I believe that even a non believer may enjoy this short article (3 1/2 pages).