Sydney mum’s amazing cabinet transformation wows fellow homeowners: “So beautiful!”

We’re well in the middle of January and the year is just kicking in. Meaning for some, it's the perfect time to give your home that tiny makeover it needs to bring it back to life.

Is your bathroom looking a little tired? This story about how one woman’s husband and father-in-law revamped her bathroom might interest you!

Does your dining table feel old and out-of-place? Check out how this shopper up-cycled hers using a few Kmart buys!

Do you happen to have old bedside cabinets sitting around? Then don’t go anywhere, as this story is for you!!

One mum from Sydney completely transformed her two worn-out cabinets using only paint and some old wooden blinds.

v6ba6Jr5rYk9PdwjX2Zq_umCf99m7_qMmVkJWaILQHMDJ_RFT-OYLd-NDBlbnOSYK42sKfzfFOJh_zWDN8hTAMt0VBwfQ82dn6PrXv11gJnqJVyYBuZZ8j4LLoI-lVGlrBL1Xipx

Tanya shared before-and-after photos of her cabinets. Credit: Facebook.

Sharing in a home decor Facebook group, Tanya, from Sydney’s Central Coast, posted photos of how she gave her unused bedside cabinets a fresh new look for 2022.

First, she began by sanding and coating the old cabinets with Pureco Silk Paint in the shade ‘Calico’ to cover its previous ‘aged wood’ colour.

Tanya wanted to give the cabinets a ‘boho’ look so she proceeded to paint the wooden top with a Pureco stain glaze in the shades ‘Carob’ and ‘Whisper’ for a more opaque finish.

For the drawer doors, she gathered up any unused old timber Venetian blinds she had and cut them up in strips. Then she stuck them onto the drawers and lined them up in a herringbone pattern. Looks stunning, doesn’t it?

Then she sanded and painted it again with Pureco stain to match the wooden top.

She revealed that the new drawer handles were bought from eBay because the previous ones no longer fit the new aesthetic.

nGoq9sPtBH9ozCjbE23xGj2aNbwYus1TsrfQPSPJW71pJPG6a31ZimikROUkhDvygAdiUSufEXTL0s1mL52d-iziVifgZWFZR5IOnPNazcA8x5tPUlXH0UJVBZt2-qMmo31_czY1

Tanya used leftover wooden blinds to give her drawers a new look. Credit: Facebook.

Tanya’s post drew a ton of attention from fellow members of the Facebook group, with several of them praising her for the ingenious idea of using leftover wooden blinds for the project.

“Love it! I've got some leftover Venetian blinds and didn't want to throw them out. You've given me inspiration! Thank you,” one fellow mum said.

“Wow! How good does that look! Wishing I kept my own timber blinds now,” wrote another person.

This looks amazing; hard to believe that these were the same sets of drawers. Do you have any stories of amazing DIY transformations? We would love to hear them! Share them with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Just goes to show... we're WY too quick to put stuff in landfill instead of up-cycling and reusing....
I agree. I remember back in the day when furniture was built to such a standard that it was actually passed down through the family. These days it seems most furniture has a usable life of between 3 to 5 years. Anything that could be done to stretch this timeline has to be a good thing.