Surprising Action by Woolworths Staff Leaves Shopper in Disbelief!

Break out your slippers and brew a pot of tea, dear readers, because we have an absolute corker of a tale from the veritable battlefield of the modern Australian supermarket!

In a tale of customer experiences, a shopper at Woolworths has caused a stir on the internet with a surprising claim.

According to the shopper, Woolworths staff acted in an unexpected manner, causing a commotion that resembled the sound of a sheep's bleating while surrounded by shelves stocked with dairy products.

'Hey @woolworths. Your staff just made sheep noises at me in your store because I am wearing a mask. Not shopping with you again.' the user posted on social media.

twt.jpg
Wearing a mask plays a critical role in reducing the spread of infectious diseases, including COVID-19. Source: Twitter

One thing that has not changed in the retail landscape, pandemic or not, is the customer's right to feel respected and safe in the shopping environment.

Recounting her incident, she added, 'I was in the dairy aisle, and three men were stacking fridges. As I got close, one of them made sheep noises at the back of my head. They had those big metal trollies, so I had to get close to go past.'

The post fueled much speculation, with over 260,000 views and a thousand re-posts, catching the attention of mask proponents and critics alike.

The woman describes herself as a 'protestor and supermum', and her tweets received a multitude of reactions.

Many fellow social media users stood by her, acknowledging her efforts to stay safe amidst the prevailing COVID-19 circumstances.

'It’s strange how so many people don’t know the COVID health advice and don’t realise there are thousands of COVID infections per day, disablement, and hundreds of deaths from COVID per week,' sympathised one user.

'That’s crazy, apart from COVID, the current flu is just awful. My wife is well into her third week and nowhere near recovered. My son, in his late 30’s, caught it from us. He has had COVID twice and reckons this flu is much worse. It is very contagious,' another user chimed in, emphasising the severity of the situation.

twt2.jpg
Wearing a mask helps to protect both the wearer and those around them by minimising the transmission of respiratory droplets, serving as a simple yet effective measure in safeguarding public health. Source: Twitter

A third said, ‘Awful. The looks I get as well, I do it for me, my daughter and the others.’

Despite the criticism, some considered the issue a reflection of the local area's attitude rather than Woolworths itself.

One user defended Woolies, saying, ‘A few of the staff at my local Woolies were wearing masks when I went in today. I’d say it’s more to do with the people in your local area than Woolies itself.’

In an age where the number of daily COVID-19 cases hovers around an average of 1,391, as reported by the government, an incident like this highlights the tension surrounding mask mandates.

Key Takeaways

• A Woolworths customer has made shocking claims that staff allegedly made 'sheep noises' at her because she was wearing a mask.
  • The shopper shared her experience on social media, amassing over 260,000 views and being retweeted more than a thousand times.
  • Reactions to the shopper's posts have been mixed, with some users supporting her decision to wear a mask and others criticising her complaint.
  • Amidst daily COVID-19 cases averaging 1,391, tensions surrounding mask mandates are highlighted by incidents like this.

While no one is saying you must wear a mask, please do remember that if you choose to wear one for personal protection, that choice deserves respect.

You are entitled to make mask decisions based on your health status and comfort. If you ever feel disrespected during your shopping experience, remember your local supermarket's customer service is there to help. You've earned the right to shop with dignity and peace of mind!

How do you feel about the incident? Share your thoughts on the customer's claim and the importance of respect and understanding in the shopping environment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
Oh please! This is just ridiculous...regardless of whether or not she had to get past a large metal cage or not....it made me laugh that this person automatically assumed it was meant for them or if indeed it was actual bleeting noises...seriously..🤣🤣🤣

Break out your slippers and brew a pot of tea, dear readers, because we have an absolute corker of a tale from the veritable battlefield of the modern Australian supermarket!

In a tale of customer experiences, a shopper at Woolworths has caused a stir on the internet with a surprising claim.

According to the shopper, Woolworths staff acted in an unexpected manner, causing a commotion that resembled the sound of a sheep's bleating while surrounded by shelves stocked with dairy products.

'Hey @woolworths. Your staff just made sheep noises at me in your store because I am wearing a mask. Not shopping with you again.' the user posted on social media.

View attachment 25022
Wearing a mask plays a critical role in reducing the spread of infectious diseases, including COVID-19. Source: Twitter

One thing that has not changed in the retail landscape, pandemic or not, is the customer's right to feel respected and safe in the shopping environment.

Recounting her incident, she added, 'I was in the dairy aisle, and three men were stacking fridges. As I got close, one of them made sheep noises at the back of my head. They had those big metal trollies, so I had to get close to go past.'

The post fueled much speculation, with over 260,000 views and a thousand re-posts, catching the attention of mask proponents and critics alike.

The woman describes herself as a 'protestor and supermum', and her tweets received a multitude of reactions.

Many fellow social media users stood by her, acknowledging her efforts to stay safe amidst the prevailing COVID-19 circumstances.

'It’s strange how so many people don’t know the COVID health advice and don’t realise there are thousands of COVID infections per day, disablement, and hundreds of deaths from COVID per week,' sympathised one user.

'That’s crazy, apart from COVID, the current flu is just awful. My wife is well into her third week and nowhere near recovered. My son, in his late 30’s, caught it from us. He has had COVID twice and reckons this flu is much worse. It is very contagious,' another user chimed in, emphasising the severity of the situation.

View attachment 25024
Wearing a mask helps to protect both the wearer and those around them by minimising the transmission of respiratory droplets, serving as a simple yet effective measure in safeguarding public health. Source: Twitter

A third said, ‘Awful. The looks I get as well, I do it for me, my daughter and the others.’

Despite the criticism, some considered the issue a reflection of the local area's attitude rather than Woolworths itself.

One user defended Woolies, saying, ‘A few of the staff at my local Woolies were wearing masks when I went in today. I’d say it’s more to do with the people in your local area than Woolies itself.’

In an age where the number of daily COVID-19 cases hovers around an average of 1,391, as reported by the government, an incident like this highlights the tension surrounding mask mandates.

Key Takeaways

• A Woolworths customer has made shocking claims that staff allegedly made 'sheep noises' at her because she was wearing a mask.
  • The shopper shared her experience on social media, amassing over 260,000 views and being retweeted more than a thousand times.
  • Reactions to the shopper's posts have been mixed, with some users supporting her decision to wear a mask and others criticising her complaint.
  • Amidst daily COVID-19 cases averaging 1,391, tensions surrounding mask mandates are highlighted by incidents like this.

While no one is saying you must wear a mask, please do remember that if you choose to wear one for personal protection, that choice deserves respect.

You are entitled to make mask decisions based on your health status and comfort. If you ever feel disrespected during your shopping experience, remember your local supermarket's customer service is there to help. You've earned the right to shop with dignity and peace of mind!

How do you feel about the incident? Share your thoughts on the customer's claim and the importance of respect and understanding in the shopping environment.
Really.. many people just don't get it. Woolworths employees need to be disciplined and apologise. Officially, the Federal Government have called a Covid 7th wave. Recommendations are "mask up" when you can't distance. As, it's flu season, what do we do to prevent catching and/or spreading flu? You guessed it, the same recommendations as Covid. I personally haven't stopped wearing a mask in close confines. Lots of reason.. primarily to keep myself and others safe. As most of us are aware, the general public don't know what 1.5 metres is. In my view keeping personal space is certainly a lost art of etiquette. Yes, I wear a mask, I'm recovering from cancer... I don't need to explain myself to others, or worst get abused, as I have been numerous times. Hope everyone enjoys their day 🙂

Really.. many people just don't get it. Woolworths employees need to be disciplined and apologise. Officially, the Federal Government have called a Covid 7th wave. Recommendations are "mask up" when you can't distance. As, it's flu season, what do we do to prevent catching and/or spreading flu? You guessed it, the same recommendations as Covid. I personally haven't stopped wearing a mask in close confines. Lots of reason.. primarily to keep myself and others safe. As most of us are aware, the general public don't know what 1.5 metres is. In my view keeping personal space is certainly a lost art of etiquette. Yes, I wear a mask, I'm recovering from cancer... I don't need to explain myself to others, or worst get abused, as I have been numerous times. Hope everyone enjoys their day 🙂

I agree about why you wear a mask and I worked in retail and wore it all the time..this is not about wearing a mask..this person's post was about assuming she heard the noise and then jumped straight on social media to tell everyone...seriously wouldn't you have gone to the service desk or manager first?? I think this person is just grandstanding..

I agree about why you wear a mask and I worked in retail and wore it all the time..this is not about wearing a mask..this person's post was about assuming she heard the noise and then jumped straight on social media to tell everyone...seriously wouldn't you have gone to the service desk or manager first?? I think this person is just grandstanding..
Hi Lisa. I take your viewpoint. I glossed passed that bit. Still a rude and inappropriate act in a workplace. Should have reported to the management. We live in a more judgemental society than ever.

View attachment 25022

View attachment 25024

Key Takeaways

Rather daunting experience. I still & always wear a mask for my safety and others. The staffer should be dealt with accordingly. It happens many times at any place and I have learnt to ignore it somewhat..in my mind I'm hoping they in fact are the ones who end up sick and suffer. It then becomes a hard lesson learnt for them. Unfortunately nowadays people think it's not necessary to wear a mask and more so, they think things are back to normal, even with all the current health warnings. It is an ignorant society we live in. An example of how bad things are now....recently, I had 5 medical/health appointments cancelled in 1 week, all due to the current infectious diseases going around....that sums it up in my book.

View attachment 25022

View attachment 25024

Key Takeaways

I wear my mask everywhere. I don’t want covid or flu.

Exactly, well said Lisa.
I had to wear a mask in Melbourne during Covid, if I refused to wear one or refused to get the vaccinations then I couldn’t work.
I used to get told, to my face that I was a sheep for wearing a mask and then as they walked out they would make sheep noises. They didn’t care that we needed to wear one to keep our jobs. People like that, who wouldn’t wear a mask during the outbreak, should have been banned from entering work premises. The problem was that the almighty dollar always wins.

In my opinion there are too many ignorant people out there. The MOST import thing is to do what is right for you. I am back to wearing a mask while out and about especially while the flu season is rampant. I don't want to get sick. So far, so good. Stay safe everyone and have a great day 🌞

Anyone who self describes as a “supermum” is not to be taken seriously in my book.
Sure it’s a rude act - so deal with it at store level. Or there’s nothing wrong with confronting them yourself and telling them how you feel! Now that’s what a supermum would’ve done don’t you think???

Exactly, well said Lisa.
I had to wear a mask in Melbourne during Covid, if I refused to wear one or refused to get the vaccinations then I couldn’t work.
I used to get told, to my face that I was a sheep for wearing a mask and then as they walked out they would make sheep noises. They didn’t care that we needed to wear one to keep our jobs. People like that, who wouldn’t wear a mask during the outbreak, should have been banned from entering work premises. The problem was that the almighty dollar always wins.
(no indication of the Woolies store being named, but to your point on musks. The Victorian electorate vote their support of the actions etc. The govt that was in power during the various shutdowns in Melb and substantially increased their majority in the Parliament, then these (alledged) sheep noises this person presumes were directed at her are just bleeting cries from a very very and insignificant minority of the Victorian people (assuming the store is in Vic). Just another social media post that is just self focused & paranoid person.

View attachment 25022

View attachment 25024

Key Takeaways

Since they were in the dairy aisle perhaps they were stocking ewe cheese and being young were being silly. If they were making fun of her, that certainly is unacceptable but I would be looking into it further .

Oh please! This is just ridiculous...regardless of whether or not she had to get past a large metal cage or not....it made me laugh that this person automatically assumed it was meant for them or if indeed it was actual bleeting noises...seriously..🤣🤣🤣
Those onstaff have a responsibility to act professionally at all times while in public. Whether they were bleating at the woman or not is not really the point...

Reactions: Jersey Girl

View attachment 25022

View attachment 25024

Key Takeaways

you can't put the blame solely on Woolies, it's (some of) the staff's ignorant arrogant attitude, and if the supervisors of that particular store knew about the incident I would anticipate they would severely reprimand the staff concerned and take them off customer contact and get them working in the storeroom or may even sack them

Give me strength 🙄. Protester and supermum 🙄. Social media influencer 🙄. SMH.....
Bottom line: you want to wear a mask it's your decision. Believe me, if you've had COVID you still carry a mask for times when you can't social distance. I certainly do as I don't want to catch it again. But to make a song and dance to get likes on social media 🥱😷

my husband was one of those won’t happen to me went to Africa court
covid coming back on plane (timeframe)
Me did you wear your mask on plane as I did going to Sydney
Him no one had a mask on covid for 10 days 😬😬😬
I wear a mask while shopping just to be safe and when I travel

Reactions: DrivingGirl