Sunrise's newest presenter Katie Brown pulls off a death-defying stunt on her first day on the job!

Folks, have you ever imagined what it would be like to star in an action film? Performing your own daredevil acts, such as engaging in a fight with criminals, scaling walls, jumping off cliffs, or perhaps even being pulled behind a fast car?

And yes, we know these things are more exciting in the movies than they would be in real life, but we can't deny that they're still exciting!

Take, for example, Katie Brown's first appearance on Sunrise, where she filled in for weather presenter Sam Mac, who is currently on paternity leave.

In the morning show episode, she was wearing three pairs of overalls and goggles, and she was with the Australian Stunt Academy on the Gold Coast.

Do you know why she was there? She wanted to be an action star like Angelina Jolie for a moment, and just like that, her wish was granted!

And her stunt of choice? Getting dragged by a speeding car.

c6ns2GJeXDDScKwFLxrZq6kVE1ro6QBLxVN_2GVaiKtpVlEoCIR60hgtMXzWCgDft3Hxw25LXTpgloRnrcvDR7dXJROm3H4D_nklByE15Wmr8G8ToztnkWFJMKMRMVlV9OYLtfC8Z162ETn2jx1YBwrNTtZRPxMImwZ_dF4JIij7uTnXkSIE-VVPLQ

Katie Brown began her Sunrise weather presenting duties on Monday by being pulled by a car live on air. Credit: Sunrise.

Speaking to in-studio hosts Nat Barr and David Koch, Katie said, 'I don't know what you all do at Sunrise, but I swear you're all having meetings to see which way you can really put me to the test.'

'I'm decked out. I've had a costume change; I've got like three sets of overalls and paddings literally everywhere to make sure everything's safe.'

Then she turned to Colin, a staff member at the stunt academy. 'Isn't that right, Colin? Because I'm about to get dragged by a car!'

He then told her that they do these kinds of stunts all the time and that everything is made sure to be completely safe and harmless.

After a brief interview, Katie was ready.

She was then spotted lying face down on the ground with her hand on a rope, preparing to be dragged across a field.

'I'm on the ground, and I'm literally about to get pulled by a car,' she said, rather nervously. 'Oh my gosh, oh my.'

After a quick sign-of-the-cross motion, she said, 'Pray for me,' and proceeded to put her safety goggles on.

'I love you, mum and dad,' she was heard saying. A few seconds later, the car took off and she was being dragged across the field while yelling and desperately clinging to the rope.

What happened next gave the breakfast host almost a minute of adrenaline-filled fun that we're sure made her heart beat so much faster. Without ever releasing her grip on the rope, Katie was filmed flipping on her back and on her side again and again.

'I'm not supposed to go on my back,' she yelled.

In the studio, Nat covered her mouth while Kochie was watching with a confused, yet amused, expression on his face.

When the car finally stopped, it was obvious that Katie was out of breath and unable to say anything. At that moment, all she could do was offer a thumbs up to the camera.

So much for her first day at the job, eh?

When asked if she was fine after all that, the presenter assured the hosts and the audience that she was alright and that she was wearing the proper protective gear for the stunt.

On social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram, Sunrise viewers gushed over the fill-in weathercaster, praising her for bringing a welcome dose of energy into an often routine segment of the show.

'You're the best, Katie, such a bubbly personality,' one user wrote in the comments section. Another added, 'Fantastic, Katie; you're on fire, girl!'

'Seriously, Katie has me in stitches! She's loud, funny and definitely a breath of fresh air,' wrote a third.

So what do you think, folks? Did you see Katie's rather intense first day of work at Sunrise? What were your initial thoughts on her? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!

Reactions: Ricci
Sponsored
I thought these morning shows were NEWS reporting, not reporters living out their fantasies. This is why I watch channel 24, News Breakfast as it keeps me up to date.:)