Sunrise's David Koch and Nat Barr joke about Sam Mac's 'special' parenting moment: 'Her hand was stuck'

Sunrise weatherman Sam Mac has become a first-time father, and he's been sharing some absolutely adorable moments with his five-week-old daughter Margot on social media.

A few weeks ago, we published a piece that included a heartwarming picture of him and his daughter 'bonding' and spending quality time together. (Margot was sound asleep while her father appeared exhausted while attempting to keep the little baby comfortable.)

Most recently, he posted a video to Instagram of himself singing an acoustic cover of The Temptations' song 'My Girl' – but with a few words changed in the chorus to personalise it for his little girl.

'Little Margot is already very good on the guitar,' he captioned the post. 'Finally, I'm a dad and can legitimately make those awful puns.'

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 2.18.07 PM.png
Sunrise's Sam Mac shared a sweet video online playing the guitar with his newborn daughter Margot. Credit: Instagram.

The video was also played on Tuesday morning's episode of Sunrise, with Sam calling it a 'very special moment' while reporting live from Perth. He said that baby Margot had stayed put on top of his guitar for an impressive ten minutes.

'It honestly blew my mind,' he gushed. 'She was so calm.'

Since Margot's birth, he has received so many well-wishes from Sunrise viewers that he joked that he felt like Margot had 10,000 aunties and nanas all over the country checking up on her.

On the contrary, the response Sam received in the studio was quite different from what some viewers might have expected, with hosts David 'Kochie' Koch and Nat Barr joking that Margot was 'stuck' on top of the guitar.

'Her hand was stuck in the strings!' Kochie laughed, and he continued by saying that the expression on the little girl's face read, 'What the heck am I doing here?'.

'That's because she had wind, and it was feeling good,' Nat added to the conversation as Sam laughed. 'Other than that, it was a beautiful moment!'

Some viewers were apparently offended by Kochie and Nat's comments; one user took to social media to suggest that the hosts should keep their 'stupid opinions' to themselves instead of airing them on national television.

'To belittle someone on national TV is a disgrace, and a member of their team, disrespectful,' the person went on to say. 'I don't care if they didn't mean harm; this is a form of bullying.'
Key Takeaways

• Sam Mac has melted the hearts of his social media followers after he shared an adorable video on Instagram with his five-week-old daughter Margot.
  • The video was also played on Tuesday morning's episode of Sunrise, with Sam calling it a 'very special moment'.
  • However, while Sunrise hosts David Koch and Nat Barr praised the video, they also joked that the only reason Margot stayed on top of the guitar was because she was 'stuck'.
  • The pair's comments angered some viewers, with one person taking to social media to say that Kochie and Nat should keep their 'stupid opinions' to themselves.
While some people found fault with Kochie and Nat's reaction to the video, others called it Sam's 'best' social media post ever and claimed they couldn't stop watching.

'This is the cutest thing I've ever seen,' one person wrote in the comments section, while a second one added, 'Oh, stop this - you made me cry!'

'This is so beautiful, Sam. Margot loves it, she loves her Daddy's voice. So special…' a third commented.

What do you think, folks? Do you consider Kochie and Nat's comments to be nothing more than lighthearted banter between coworkers, or do you believe that they owe an apology to Sam for the way they have reacted? Share your thoughts in the comments!

Reactions: Ricci
Sponsored