Sunrise weatherman Sam Mac's hilarious (and gross) attempt at getting a kiss from a llama

Sunrise's weather presenter Sam Mac has made a name for himself with his humorous antics and tongue-in-cheek jokes on the breakfast show.

But in one of the more recent airings of the morning show, some viewers felt he crossed the line.

On Wednesday, Sam Mac was delivering his regular weather report from an Ipswich, Queensland llama farm when he saw a particularly muscular llama among the herd.

He was having a conversation with a staff member regarding the behaviour of the animals when all of a sudden he asked, 'Can I give him a kiss?'

ifG2uz8Ov21SS0zdDSRMNzVyj1mWbyfF9BqLlmr7O4Q6qVMbq7ErFEgiXV1so1242S7SxRBQVtgd9tqaoRGEcQ0Ko0_Qy_eEHFcCmdpJ9VQE8JM-fn7V2hPnVngFdervrYbTgHI4P35E-JfHoA34pkY

Sunrise weatherman Sam Mac went to 'extreme lengths' just to get a kiss. Credit: Sunrise.

The handler replied almost immediately, 'You certainly can,' and right there and then, Sam leaned in to give the llama a kiss on the cheek. 'This is my first llama kiss,' he said.

The animal, however, wasn’t feeling as affectionate, and proceeded to dodge Sam's effort at a quick kiss, which caused the weatherman as well as the rest of the crew to burst out laughing.

'Was I just rejected by a llama?' said the 40-year-old after it became clear that the llama did not share his feelings for him.

Sam was so intent on getting his first llama kiss on camera that he 'pulled out all stops' in the breakfast program just to make sure that it would happen.

He came back later in the morning for another weather segment, and this time the llama farm's caregiver brought along a little something as a surprise for him.

After the staff member revealed that he was holding llama poop in his hand, Sam took a whiff and said, 'there's no smell at all.'

Before making his second attempt to get a kiss, Sam suddenly grabbed the poo pellets and rubbed them on his neck. Yes, you read that correctly…

At the time, he must have thought this would help him get closer to the animal and convince it to let him give it a kiss.

Ki2CuVvJ6SNN48CqPTVCcj_2_Gm7SrKgA8B_HnIoYlAMAFTmGuXBpQfYIilFAVf34ceYcXg0JfHs6CK1vYby88K5zgs9aAO9E54QJwgzuo4VOxyRZF_HYovbEaGSbG-3sP3ynOcvIeemfvBfW00ILOE

Sunrise hosts Nat Barr and David Koch were grossed out by the weatherman's act. Credit: Sunrise.
'So they can smell it, but humans can't?' Sam made sure by asking the caretaker.

'If I put a little bit of that, maybe like a bit of a perfume, this might help with Ringo (the llama),' said the host as he rubbed bits of the dark-brown pellets on his neck.

'This is going to get the first kiss. Here we go.'

But once again, despite Sam's bold efforts, the llama did not accept his advances and turned him down.

'Not even the poo could get me over the line! What is your problem with me?' a frustrated Sam asked the animal.

The people in the Sunrise studio could be heard groaning in disgust, and as the camera moved to Nat and Kochie, they looked completely taken aback by what they had just seen.

But it seemed like the weatherman wasn't keen on giving up! As Sam went for a final attempt and edged closer to the side of the animal for the third time, Ringo finally accepted it.

And it was a success! Sam managed to land a quick peck on the llama's cheek, before jumping up in victory. Third time's the charm, eh?

On Instagram, Sunrise shared a video of the episode showing the 'extreme lengths' that Sam went to land a kiss on Ringo.

The post received a number of comments from fans and viewers of the breakfast show, many of whom described Sam's antics on his weather program as 'hilarious'. Some even said it made their mornings!

'That's so funny,' one wrote, while another added, 'Hilarious – especially the poo perfume!'

Meanwhile, a third suggested that Sam should bring treats, instead of poo, next time.

We have to admit – we don’t think we would ever rub animal poo on our neck just to get a kiss, but at least Sam was successful in his attempt! Let's just hope he washed it off as soon as he got home…

What do you think about this story, folks?

Sponsored
He is actually funny and sincere . If you see this as the first time watching him you might find him weird, but he will try anything and never gives up . He is often set up by the rest of sunrise to challenges. Not sure what his partner Rebecca would have thought of this one though ! Most importantly he makes people laugh

I wonder what part of NEWS program they are having trouble with. I'm sorry but stunts like this just leave me cold. If I have the tv on in the morning it's because I want to know what's going on in the world. If they want to lighten the tone of the news there are some good news stories out there if you dig for them. I want the information brought to me by professionals and not just presenters who can read a tele prompter.:rolleyes:

Sunrise's weather presenter Sam Mac has made a name for himself with his humorous antics and tongue-in-cheek jokes on the breakfast show.

But in one of the more recent airings of the morning show, some viewers felt he crossed the line.

On Wednesday, Sam Mac was delivering his regular weather report from an Ipswich, Queensland llama farm when he saw a particularly muscular llama among the herd.

He was having a conversation with a staff member regarding the behaviour of the animals when all of a sudden he asked, 'Can I give him a kiss?'

ifG2uz8Ov21SS0zdDSRMNzVyj1mWbyfF9BqLlmr7O4Q6qVMbq7ErFEgiXV1so1242S7SxRBQVtgd9tqaoRGEcQ0Ko0_Qy_eEHFcCmdpJ9VQE8JM-fn7V2hPnVngFdervrYbTgHI4P35E-JfHoA34pkY

Sunrise weatherman Sam Mac went to 'extreme lengths' just to get a kiss. Credit: Sunrise.

The handler replied almost immediately, 'You certainly can,' and right there and then, Sam leaned in to give the llama a kiss on the cheek. 'This is my first llama kiss,' he said.

The animal, however, wasn’t feeling as affectionate, and proceeded to dodge Sam's effort at a quick kiss, which caused the weatherman as well as the rest of the crew to burst out laughing.

'Was I just rejected by a llama?' said the 40-year-old after it became clear that the llama did not share his feelings for him.

Sam was so intent on getting his first llama kiss on camera that he 'pulled out all stops' in the breakfast program just to make sure that it would happen.

He came back later in the morning for another weather segment, and this time the llama farm's caregiver brought along a little something as a surprise for him.

After the staff member revealed that he was holding llama poop in his hand, Sam took a whiff and said, 'there's no smell at all.'

Before making his second attempt to get a kiss, Sam suddenly grabbed the poo pellets and rubbed them on his neck. Yes, you read that correctly…

At the time, he must have thought this would help him get closer to the animal and convince it to let him give it a kiss.

Ki2CuVvJ6SNN48CqPTVCcj_2_Gm7SrKgA8B_HnIoYlAMAFTmGuXBpQfYIilFAVf34ceYcXg0JfHs6CK1vYby88K5zgs9aAO9E54QJwgzuo4VOxyRZF_HYovbEaGSbG-3sP3ynOcvIeemfvBfW00ILOE

Sunrise hosts Nat Barr and David Koch were grossed out by the weatherman's act. Credit: Sunrise.
'So they can smell it, but humans can't?' Sam made sure by asking the caretaker.

'If I put a little bit of that, maybe like a bit of a perfume, this might help with Ringo (the llama),' said the host as he rubbed bits of the dark-brown pellets on his neck.

'This is going to get the first kiss. Here we go.'

But once again, despite Sam's bold efforts, the llama did not accept his advances and turned him down.

'Not even the poo could get me over the line! What is your problem with me?' a frustrated Sam asked the animal.

The people in the Sunrise studio could be heard groaning in disgust, and as the camera moved to Nat and Kochie, they looked completely taken aback by what they had just seen.

But it seemed like the weatherman wasn't keen on giving up! As Sam went for a final attempt and edged closer to the side of the animal for the third time, Ringo finally accepted it.

And it was a success! Sam managed to land a quick peck on the llama's cheek, before jumping up in victory. Third time's the charm, eh?

On Instagram, Sunrise shared a video of the episode showing the 'extreme lengths' that Sam went to land a kiss on Ringo.

The post received a number of comments from fans and viewers of the breakfast show, many of whom described Sam's antics on his weather program as 'hilarious'. Some even said it made their mornings!

'That's so funny,' one wrote, while another added, 'Hilarious – especially the poo perfume!'

Meanwhile, a third suggested that Sam should bring treats, instead of poo, next time.

We have to admit – we don’t think we would ever rub animal poo on our neck just to get a kiss, but at least Sam was successful in his attempt! Let's just hope he washed it off as soon as he got home…

What do you think about this story, folks?

Sam Mac is the most ridiculous weatherman on TV. He thinks he is funny but, in reality, he is just an overgrown teenager who needs to grow up & act like a man.