Stunned viewers clash with Sunrise stars after bizarre dance performance plays out on TV: ‘Grow Up’

There's never a dull moment on live TV, and the Sunrise show crew couldn't help themselves last week when it came to having a good time on air.

Presenters Monique Wright and Mark Beretta decided to lead the team in an impromptu 'Giddy Up' dance video inspired by the new Shania Twain album.

The video was shared by the official Sunrise Instagram page, showing the hosts and some of the crew 'giddying up' just as the country music superstar intended – with cowgirl and cowboy-inspired horse-riding moves!

Monique starts whirling her hair about at the front of the Sunrise desk before making elaborate circling motions with her arms while Mark attempts to do the same in the background, though as per usual he eventually breaks out in a fit of adorably awkward laughter at his own silliness.

Pretty soon, the whole Sunrise gang is in on it - from host Edwina Bartholomew to series producer Jacinda Gugliemio and the rest of the team. Everyone nails the moves to the chorus of the song before the video ends in cheers and laughter.

'We were inspired today with Shania Twain’s new film clip to ‘Giddy Up’. Mon really nails the pool table scene here. It’s worth checking out,' the caption of the video read.

Naturally, the Sunrise team couldn't resist poking fun at one another in the comments section of the video.

Edwina joked: 'I think you almost lost a weave Mon! Epic.'

'I was very much concerned for her neck this morning,' Jacinda added.

Mark quipped: '[Monique] almost broke my nose!!!!'

f9a69160-8fbc-11ed-b75e-e8f6efe88609

Sunrise's Monique Wright and Mark Beretta went viral online after filming a funny dance video. Credit: Seven/Instagram.

Sunrise fans and viewers had plenty of thoughts to share, with some saying that they enjoyed the silly moment.

One fan wrote: 'Mon is the absolute best. We need more of her in the world.'

'Go Mon, this is the best yet. Keep ‘em coming guys,' another said.

A third chimed in: 'Mon I love you, what a crack. I wet myself watching you.'

Unfortunately, the video didn’t sit well with everyone, and some fans left comments criticising the 'stupid' and 'cringe' clip.

One comment read: 'Gets a bit tiring [with] these idiots.'

'I thought Mon was going to hurt herself' another added.

Key Takeaways

• The Sunrise team recently took part in a bizarre recreation of Shania Twain’s Giddy Up dance video which received mixed reviews from viewers.
  • Many fans praised Monique Wright's performance, while others found the video to be 'stupid' and 'cringe'.
  • The Sunrise team made lighthearted jokes in the comments, with Edwina Bartholomew and Jack Gugliemio both quipping about Monique’s moves.
  • At the same time, some viewers were concerned for Monique's safety.

But, in spite of the backlash, it looks like the Sunrise team and their fans will just keep on dancing!

What are your thoughts on this dance video? Do you think it was unprofessional (or ‘cringe’ as the grandkids would say), or just a bit of fun? Share your thoughts with us in the comments!

Sponsored
There's never a dull moment on live TV, and the Sunrise show crew couldn't help themselves last week when it came to having a good time on air.

Presenters Monique Wright and Mark Beretta decided to lead the team in an impromptu 'Giddy Up' dance video inspired by the new Shania Twain album.

The video was shared by the official Sunrise Instagram page, showing the hosts and some of the crew 'giddying up' just as the country music superstar intended – with cowgirl and cowboy-inspired horse-riding moves!

Monique starts whirling her hair about at the front of the Sunrise desk before making elaborate circling motions with her arms while Mark attempts to do the same in the background, though as per usual he eventually breaks out in a fit of adorably awkward laughter at his own silliness.

Pretty soon, the whole Sunrise gang is in on it - from host Edwina Bartholomew to series producer Jacinda Gugliemio and the rest of the team. Everyone nails the moves to the chorus of the song before the video ends in cheers and laughter.

'We were inspired today with Shania Twain’s new film clip to ‘Giddy Up’. Mon really nails the pool table scene here. It’s worth checking out,' the caption of the video read.

Naturally, the Sunrise team couldn't resist poking fun at one another in the comments section of the video.

Sunrise's Monique Wright and Mark Beretta went viral online after filming a funny dance video. Credit: Seven/Instagram.

Sunrise fans and viewers had plenty of thoughts to share, with some saying that they enjoyed the silly moment.

Unfortunately, the video didn’t sit well with everyone, and some fans left comments criticising the 'stupid' and 'cringe' clip.

Key Takeaways

• The Sunrise team recently took part in a bizarre recreation of Shania Twain’s Giddy Up dance video which received mixed reviews from viewers.
  • Many fans praised Monique Wright's performance, while others found the video to be 'stupid' and 'cringe'.
  • The Sunrise team made lighthearted jokes in the comments, with Edwina Bartholomew and Jack Gugliemio both quipping about Monique’s moves.

But, in spite of the backlash, it looks like the Sunrise team and their fans will just keep on dancing!

What are your thoughts on this dance video? Do you think it was unprofessional (or ‘cringe’ as the grandkids would say), or just a bit of fun? Share your thoughts with us in the comments!

Key Takeaways

Good on them a great 😃 😀

I never saw this but do love Monique and Mark far more enjoyable to watch Sunrise when they are doing the show

I saw this and it was hilarious I've watched it a few times on their instagram post.
Monique is so laid back and naturally funny.

In today's times anyone who can give us a laugh should be applauded
Totally agree - too much " down news" lately