Struggling with the cost of living? IGA slashes prices on 3000 household essentials!

With the increasing cost of living straining household budgets, managing grocery bills is becoming more challenging, particularly for seniors on fixed incomes.

However, there's some good news: IGA Supermarkets is lowering prices on more than 3000 everyday essentials.

The price reductions are part of the IGA’s cost-saving initiative called ‘Low Prices Every Day’.

This means that the prices of various products will remain unchanged for three months, guaranteeing shoppers stability in pricing until the end of January 2024.

LP_Header.png
IGA’s Low Prices Every Day offers essential products at reduced prices. Image source: IGA

These reductions will cover a range of items, including kitchen staples such as butter, cheese, and rice and bathroom essentials like toothpaste and antiperspirant.

For those with a sweet tooth, the retailer is also cutting the prices of some treats, including Sara Lee Bavarian and popular chocolate options such as M&Ms and Maltesers.

Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 12.29.21 PM.png
These products come in various options and are available in selected varieties. Image source: IGA

You can find the full list of discounted products here.

Please note that prices may vary in remote areas and are valid exclusively at participating IGA stores, excluding IGA Xpress, IGA Local Grocer, Foodland, and TAS.

The discounted prices will also apply while supplies last.

IGA’s Price Match program also matches the lowest regular shelf prices of hundreds of similar essential products every week in its bid to remain competitive with other retailers like Coles, ALDI, and Woolworths.

Smaller stores in IGA’s network match prices on 200 products, while those on the larger end price match up to 1,200 items.

Given the ongoing surge in the cost of living, the store has also introduced ‘Low Prices Locked’ on a wide range of essential Community Co private label products until early January, available at IGA stores nationwide.

IGA isn't the only retailer reducing prices lately.

IKEA, Woolworths, and Kmart have all announced price reductions in recent months to support shoppers as the cost of living continues to rise.

These price drops also come ahead of the holidays—a time when consumer spending ramps up for Christmas.

Earlier, the Reserve Bank of Australia increased the cash rate amid inflation concerns, pushing it to 4.35 per cent.

This development has sparked fears that many vulnerable Aussies and those with payments like mortgages will see the short end of the stick in the months ahead.

‘The RBA’s decision to lift the cash rate to 4.35 per cent will hurt people with low incomes the most,’ explained Australian Council of Social Service CEO Cassandra Goldie.

She stressed that the government should not deal with high inflation in a way that endangers those already doing it tough and that instead, inflation should be dealt with ‘at its roots’.

‘This should include working with states and territories to curb soaring rents and additional measures to bring down energy bills for those who can least afford it,’ Goldie said.

Key Takeaways

• IGA Supermarkets has reduced the prices of over 3000 essential products as part of their cost-saving initiative, Low Prices Every Day.
  • Included in the price drop are kitchen goods, bathroom essentials, and some sweet treats.
  • Along with the price-reducing initiative, IGA has also implemented a ‘Price Match program’ to match the lowest regular shelf price of essential products.
  • With Aussies facing a cost of living crisis, the store launched ‘Low Prices Locked’ on a wide range of essential Community Co private label products until early January, available nationwide.
Members, what do you think of this initiative from IGA and other retail giants in helping alleviate the rise of the cost of living?

Share your opinions in the comments below!

Sponsored
With the increasing cost of living straining household budgets, managing grocery bills is becoming more challenging, particularly for seniors on fixed incomes.

However, there's some good news: IGA Supermarkets is lowering prices on more than 3000 everyday essentials.

The price reductions are part of the IGA’s cost-saving initiative called ‘Low Prices Every Day’.

This means that the prices of various products will remain unchanged for three months, guaranteeing shoppers stability in pricing until the end of January 2024.

View attachment 34268
IGA’s Low Prices Every Day offers essential products at reduced prices. Image source: IGA

These reductions will cover a range of items, including kitchen staples such as butter, cheese, and rice and bathroom essentials like toothpaste and antiperspirant.

For those with a sweet tooth, the retailer is also cutting the prices of some treats, including Sara Lee Bavarian and popular chocolate options such as M&Ms and Maltesers.

View attachment 34269
These products come in various options and are available in selected varieties. Image source: IGA

Please note that prices may vary in remote areas and are valid exclusively at participating IGA stores, excluding IGA Xpress, IGA Local Grocer, Foodland, and TAS.

IGA’s Price Match program also matches the lowest regular shelf prices of hundreds of similar essential products every week in its bid to remain competitive with other retailers like Coles, ALDI, and Woolworths.

Smaller stores in IGA’s network match prices on 200 products, while those on the larger end price match up to 1,200 items.

Given the ongoing surge in the cost of living, the store has also introduced ‘Low Prices Locked’ on a wide range of essential Community Co private label products until early January, available at IGA stores nationwide.

IKEA, Woolworths, and Kmart have all announced price reductions in recent months to support shoppers as the cost of living continues to rise.

These price drops also come ahead of the holidays—a time when consumer spending ramps up for Christmas.

Earlier, the Reserve Bank of Australia increased the cash rate amid inflation concerns, pushing it to 4.35 per cent.

This development has sparked fears that many vulnerable Aussies and those with payments like mortgages will see the short end of the stick in the months ahead.

‘The RBA’s decision to lift the cash rate to 4.35 per cent will hurt people with low incomes the most,’ explained Australian Council of Social Service CEO Cassandra Goldie.

She stressed that the government should not deal with high inflation in a way that endangers those already doing it tough and that instead, inflation should be dealt with ‘at its roots’.

‘This should include working with states and territories to curb soaring rents and additional measures to bring down energy bills for those who can least afford it,’ Goldie said.

Key Takeaways

• IGA Supermarkets has reduced the prices of over 3000 essential products as part of their cost-saving initiative, Low Prices Every Day.
  • Included in the price drop are kitchen goods, bathroom essentials, and some sweet treats.
  • Along with the price-reducing initiative, IGA has also implemented a ‘Price Match program’ to match the lowest regular shelf price of essential products.
  • With Aussies facing a cost of living crisis, the store launched ‘Low Prices Locked’ on a wide range of essential Community Co private label products until early January, available nationwide.
Members, what do you think of this initiative from IGA and other retail giants in helping alleviate the rise of the cost of living?
Unfortunately Woolworths prices on these items are cheaper

Another furphy! Rexona Ice Cool Deodorant for $6.00 at IGA - exactly the same at Woolies.

It makes you wonder what the original price was.

The last time I stepped into an IGA (about six months ago), Strawberry Nesquik was $4.30 compared to $3.50 at Woolies and Coles. Also Long Life Full Cream Milk - $1.90 a litre as opposed to $1.60 at the big two.

Avoid IGA like the plague. Same goes for Foodworks and other "independent" price gougers.

Reactions: Macarj
IGA near us , whilst convenient hours, is just so expensive ! Some of their specials are good but when you go to buy they are all sold out! Could not afford to shop there all the time 😢

IGA has never been competitive with many average prices up to $3 per item more than Wollies and Coles. Aldi prices are still better with many being much cheaper than the ripoff stores. Butter is one really good example where Aldi butter is only $4.79 compared to $7 for other brands. Many frozen foods aldi are still heaps cheaper. I drive 160k and back to shop at Aldi and still save money. Many of Aldi products are exactly the product but with Aldi brand on them. You can't save money shopping at IGA even with the discounted prices.

Whenever I tried to buy one of their specials they were out of stock and unlike Coles they dont give you a rain check. so no IGA for me ever!

Reactions: Davmes
IGA near us , whilst convenient hours, is just so expensive ! Some of their specials are good but when you go to buy they are all sold out! Could not afford to shop there all the time 😢
Our local store puts some out on special then is out of stock until the prices go back up. Funny that.

Reactions: Llyrad
I prefer to shop at my local “IGA/Good Grocer” and support the independent, family owned businesses. Its convenience for me makes sense; literally a two minute walk from my place and it’s open 24hrs.
Wasn’t always this way. When I had my kids at home I needed to be more frugal and careful with money.
But I’ve never set foot inside an Aldi supermarket because it’s not Australian owned.
I think we’re very lucky that we have the choice and we can do what suits us best.

• Love
Reactions: Pam71
Wow! Huge savings from IGA. I bought a 500g tub of Western Star Supersoft yesterday from Woolies for exactly the same as IGA's "special" price - $7.00. Not on special.

EDIT: Notice how most of these "specials" are on selected varieties. :unsure:
That is $14.00 a Kg.... no way I will pay that..... they can go and rub themselves with the rough end of a pineapple.. marketing ploy

Thank you for all your information SDC. However, some of the specials these supermarkets are advertising are just a tad higher than Coles and Woolworths normal prices and even just that little more for same/similar products from Aldi. I never shop at IGA as they are always that bit higher.

I prefer to shop at my local “IGA/Good Grocer” and support the independent, family owned businesses. Its convenience for me makes sense; literally a two minute walk from my place and it’s open 24hrs.
Wasn’t always this way. When I had my kids at home I needed to be more frugal and careful with money.
But I’ve never set foot inside an Aldi supermarket because it’s not Australian owned.
I think we’re very lucky that we have the choice and we can do what suits us best.
Some people can afford to shop at IGA, Woolworths and Coles whereas others shop at Aldi for the slightly lower prices they can afford. And ownership in the latter instance is irrelevant to them.

Some people can afford to shop at IGA, Woolworths and Coles whereas others shop at Aldi for the slightly lower prices they can afford. And ownership in the latter instance is irrelevant to them.
I understand where you’re coming from. There was a time when I couldn’t afford to do my weekly grocery shopping at ANY store. I’d just have to make do with what little I did have to serve up family dinners. Admittedly, the meals were not very nutritious (eg pancakes instead of meat and veg), but needed to prepare something so the kids wouldn’t have to go to bed hungry. No desserts or snacks. When I did have fruit and veg, it was for the kids first, then mum and dad (if any available). Baked beans (homemade) and eggs on toast was a real treat! 😆
I have a great appreciation for being able to shop where it’s convenient for me now. I don’t take it for granted.
I do hope I haven’t been offensive to anyone with my first post on this subject. I was only stating my opinion.

IGA is the MOST expensive supermarket in the entire World! No thank you, I can buy 500 gram butter at Aldi for $4.75 .....
IGA might be the most expensive supermarket in Australia….but the “entire World”? I doubt it. Not sure where you get that (fact?) from. 🤔

• Wow

View attachment 34268

View attachment 34269

Key Takeaways

Nothing new here 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

I shop wherever the price is right, except Coles and Woollies

Reactions: DLHM