Strawberry pavlova

You know what time of the year it is? It’s Pavlova time! This pavlova has a gorgeous strawberry twist that every ‘pav’ lover is bound to appreciate. This is great for all of those berry lovers out there.

shutterstock_1437172061.jpg
Who doesn't love a good Pavlova! This isn't an actual photo of the Strawberry pavlova because I am yet to make it. Yours should have a pink base! Image source: Shutterstock.

Ingredients
  • 500g strawberries, hulled
  • 6 egg whites, at room temperature
  • 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
  • 3 tsp cornflour
  • 1 tsp white vinegar
  • 1 tbsp orange juice
  • 1 tbsp caster sugar, extra
  • 300ml thickened cream, whipped
  • 1 tbsp orange zest

Method
  1. Preheat the oven to 120C/100C fan-forced. Grease a large baking tray. Trace a 20cm-diameter circle onto a sheet of baking paper. Place, marked-side down, on the prepared tray.
  2. Place 1/2 cup strawberries in a small food processor. Process until smooth.
  3. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar has dissolved after each addition. Add cornflour and vinegar. Beat to combine. Drizzle the pureed strawberry over the meringue mixture. Gently fold through to create a marbled effect.
  4. Using a marked circle as a guide, spoon meringue mixture onto the prepared tray. Use a spatula to make furrows up the side of pavlova. Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 40 minutes or until just firm to the touch. Turn off the oven. Cool completely in the oven with the door ajar.
  5. Meanwhile, halve remaining strawberries. Place in a bowl. Add orange juice and extra caster sugar. Gently stir to combine. Set aside for 30 minutes or until strawberries soften slightly and mixture becomes syrupy.
  6. Place pavlova on a serving plate. Dollop with whipped cream. Spoon over strawberries in syrup. Sprinkle it with orange zest and serve!

Want to make this pavlova in half the time? Buy a store-bought pavlova base from Coles, Woolworths, or IGA!

Attachments

• shutterstock_1437172061.jpg
    shutterstock_1437172061.jpg
    746.8 KB · Views: 0
Sponsored
Does anyone know how to stop a pavlova from sticking to the paper, and how to remove it without breaking it. I have tried a sprinkle of water, a light spread with butter, and the last hint I tried was to sprinkle the paper with corn flour.

Nothing works!

Help!! Please. An email to [email protected] would be appreciated.

You know what time of the year it is? It’s Pavlova time! This pavlova has a gorgeous strawberry twist that every ‘pav’ lover is bound to appreciate. This is great for all of those berry lovers out there.

View attachment 9937
Who doesn't love a good Pavlova! This isn't an actual photo of the Strawberry pavlova because I am yet to make it. Yours should have a pink base! Image source: Shutterstock.

Ingredients
  • 500g strawberries, hulled
  • 6 egg whites, at room temperature
  • 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
  • 3 tsp cornflour
  • 1 tsp white vinegar
  • 1 tbsp orange juice
  • 1 tbsp caster sugar, extra
  • 300ml thickened cream, whipped
  • 1 tbsp orange zest

Method
  1. Preheat the oven to 120C/100C fan-forced. Grease a large baking tray. Trace a 20cm-diameter circle onto a sheet of baking paper. Place, marked-side down, on the prepared tray.
  2. Place 1/2 cup strawberries in a small food processor. Process until smooth.
  3. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar has dissolved after each addition. Add cornflour and vinegar. Beat to combine. Drizzle the pureed strawberry over the meringue mixture. Gently fold through to create a marbled effect.
  4. Using a marked circle as a guide, spoon meringue mixture onto the prepared tray. Use a spatula to make furrows up the side of pavlova. Bake for 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 40 minutes or until just firm to the touch. Turn off the oven. Cool completely in the oven with the door ajar.
  5. Meanwhile, halve remaining strawberries. Place in a bowl. Add orange juice and extra caster sugar. Gently stir to combine. Set aside for 30 minutes or until strawberries soften slightly and mixture becomes syrupy.
  6. Place pavlova on a serving plate. Dollop with whipped cream. Spoon over strawberries in syrup. Sprinkle it with orange zest and serve!

Want to make this pavlova in half the time? Buy a store-bought pavlova base from Coles, Woolworths, or IGA!
Who remembers when we could BUY a little carton of Frozen SIX EGGS WHITES? Mum always had one in the fridge and wld knock up a pavlova anytime! She used the proper way to make pavs: a circle of brown paper on the pavlova tray, dampened. Pav mix over that spread all the way out to the edges and smoothed even (not piled up!). When finally removed from oven after cooling, the Pav was gently upturned onto the big fancy serving platter - this meant you had a gorgeous crunchy crust and the centre sank in which created its own “bowl” which was filled with whipped cream then decorated w Passionfruit or Strawberries, or sliced Banana, or for super special times she grated a Nestles Peppermint Crisp! Ultra yum!
I do not fathom the lazy way of pav making now where they don’t bother upturning to create a natural bowl for cream etc. And I won’t do it!

Reactions: Bizzybees
Does anyone know how to stop a pavlova from sticking to the paper, and how to remove it without breaking it. I have tried a sprinkle of water, a light spread with butter, and the last hint I tried was to sprinkle the paper with corn flour.

Nothing works!

Help!! Please. An email to [email protected] would be appreciated.
Is it baking paper you are using. Otherwise an egg lifter works magic.
Cool the pavlova on the tray for 10 minutes then lift the baking paper onto a wire rack .
Once it's completely cold you should be able to lift it

Reactions: BabsL
This looks so good although I've never thought to add orange zest
I make so many different kinds of pavlova including chocolate and the strawberry one I actually put strawberry through the pavlova.

Is it baking paper you are using. Otherwise an egg lifter works magic.
Cool the pavlova on the tray for 10 minutes then lift the baking paper onto a wire rack .
Once it's completely cold you should be able to lift it
Good brown paper shd peel away easily when Pav is completely cold, especially if inverted. It may be the strength of paper used that makes it difficult.

Thank you for your replies. I am using "Gladbake" baking paper.
I cook an 8-egg Pav. I cooked another one for Boxing Day, and tried lifting it with an egg slice, prior to reading your replies. I succeeded in breaking it in half. I stuck it together with cream and no one noticed. I shall try putting it on a cake cooler.
Thank you again.