CruzAndy

May 20, 2023
St George Bank Strikes Again

St George Bank have again Suspended my account. This is after having the same problem sorted
Along with incorrect address rectified. I might add this was done at the Kogarah at their insistence and at risk to myself.
I am 80yr old and waiting on a Home Care Package
Low and behold, new credit cards were issued and sent to the wrong address again. So much for Follow through.
My lastest and current Suspension is due to BPay not responding. hence three strikes and you out.
So as I am hard at hearing I have no other normal means to report the problem. I have found the people who answer calls don't speak clearing and lose patients very quickly.
So I sent an email to the person who fixed my previous problem, (Email from Business Card). with no response.
I am in limbo now with no one to assistance.
As I have a Mortgage with this bank I am in deep thought regard change here .
This bank has gone down hill since it was a building society and the with the take over by Wespac.
I have a mortgage with this bank and am thinking seriously of making a change here.

St George Bank have again Suspended my account. This is after having the same problem sorted
Along with incorrect address rectified. I might add this was done at the Kogarah at their insistence and at risk to myself.
Low and behold, new credit cards were issued and sent to the wrong address again. So much for Follow through.
My lastest and current Suspension is due to BPay not responding. hence three strikes and you out.
So as I am hard at hearing I have no other normal means to report the problem. I have found the people who answer calls don't speak clearing and lose patients very quickly.
So I sent an email to the person who fixed my previous problem, (Email from Business Card). with no response.
This bank has gone down hill since it was a building society and the with the take over by Wespac.
I have a mortgage with this bank and am thinking seriously of making a change here.
You might be best calling their Customer Service line first thing in the morning. I've had the best luck being first cab off the ranks. Maybe the Consumer Advice Bureau or Ombudsman Office whatever they call it now: here's a link that might help: www.afca.org.au. They claim "free and independent dispute resolution for financial complaints".

You could try the banking ombudsman in your area. This is absolutely unacceptable. The fact that you are hard of hearing AND elderly makes you easier to shove aside. Get some muscle behind you from the ombudsman or ring the banks complaints department and start there. I would write myself a note. List all the things that have happened,along with dates to the best of your memory. Always ask for the name and I.d. Number of the customer representative you are speaking with and write that down for later so you can call that person back or refer back. Keep dates and times of contact. It takes a few extra minutes but if the person you are dealing with is aware that you can identify them,they rarely mess up,so ask that question first! Hello,may I have your name and I’d,please,in case I need to speak to you again? If they dither about,get someone who WILL give you that information. Take charge. It’s your money. They work for you. They provide the service,keep that in mind.

Reactions: Ricki
Firstly you are entitled to hearing aids for free as you are over 80. Also if you are a pensioner. You only pay extra for the super dooper ones, not the basic ones. This could help immensely. Do you have a relative or a friend you trust who could go with you to the bank? This type of crap is happening more and more and it's pretty sad to have people who are elderly having to go round in circles for these twits who call themselves customer service people in banking and anywhere else for that matter. As said above the banking ombudsman would be a good idea but might again take time. I often wonder about the system the people work with. I have had some issues over the years with getting phone numbers and addresses changed. I think the system must have a particular way that must be done in order to save the update and not default to the original entry. Not sure how far away your bank is but if you could get there when they open every day then I'd be inclined to do that. Though I'm not a fan of commercial tv sensationalism, maybe contact A Current Affair. They seem to be able to get thing sorted pretty quickly. No one really likes bad publicity

Maybe you should go to another bank with a friend and explain to them what is occurring and ask them to arrange for your account to be transferred to them. They may be able to fix things up for you. Best luck with your problem.

If you are not happy , shop around and change . Some banks offering incentives for mortgage transfers. But give a bit of time and do your research . Good Luck.

don,t try NAB , they blocked me 3 times trying to transfer money to BENDIGO BANK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! . When asked say fraud it,l get you thru faster :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::mad::mad::poop:

You are obviously tuned in. I have never been blocked, but you have. My advice is to immediately change banks with all accounts and mortgage. Good luck in your future.

Reactions: TheBear

Put your complaint in writing to the bank. Check the bank website which should have details of how to complain. If no joy after a reasonable time frame then complain to the banking ombudsman. I used to work for Westpac

hear you loud and clear friend....save yourself some grief...change banks pronto (your problem is normal)they only interested in big accounts and they TOLERATE small accounts....Forget westpac and nab also (same M.O) try a bld society, they have real people behind the counters and they are open longer and on Saturdays...the tellers even know and use my name ...very friendly. (something the big banks have forgotten)