Spilled Secrets of McDonald’s Drive-Thru Confirmed by Kiwi Maccas Employee

A Kiwi McDonald’s or ‘Maccas’ employee confirmed claims made earlier by a UK-based Maccas employee about how drive-thru workers can hear conversations inside a customer’s car.

In a TikTok clip, user @charlton.a, who works in a New Zealand Maccas, revealed that drive-thru workers could actually hear “everything” inside a drive-thru customer’s car. He also revealed that photos of the drive-thru customers in the queue were taken.

The Macca employee captioned the clip with: “We can hear everything you’re saying even when our mics are off.”

“Our cameras take mugshot photos of you so we know which order is yours.”

In the TikTok clip, which has been viewed more than 274,000 times, the Maccas employee revealed another “secret” that the fast food giant keeps — customers can actually purchase a “recipe book”.
maccas1.jpg
New Zealand-based Macca employee confirmed earlier claims that staff can hear and see drive-thru customers. Credit: Tiktok/@charlton.a

The clip garnered thousands of reactions and comments from the TikTok community; some of these comments are from users who claimed to be Maccas employees themselves, backing up the revelation.

“Literally we can hear everything they say and I’ve seen so many people picking their noses,” one user said.

Another one wrote: “I crack up when I can hear them”.

In response to the claims, a number of users jokingly asked why the drive-thru staff “still couldn’t get the order right” and why they ask the customers to repeat their orders.

One user jokingly wrote: “You wouldn’t want to hear my conversations”.

Earlier this month, UK-based Maccas employee and TikTok user @secretfitzz had every Macca’s fan losing their minds over the revelation that workers could hear everything being said by customers inside their cars, as well as the fact that "mugshots" of each customer were taken.

The Maccas employee said in her TikTok clip: “The fact people don’t know we can hear your convos even when we aren’t speaking to you taking your order.”

“And we have a camera at the speaker that takes a picture of you so we know whose order is whose.”

“Seeing the mugshots of random people makes my day.”

maccas2.jpg
UK Macca’s employee @secretfitzz first revealed the fast food giant’s secret in an earlier clip. Credit: TikTok/@secretfitzz
A McDonald’s spokesman had previously confirmed with news.com.au that the fast-food chain in Australia uses CCTV within drive-through.

“We capture images of cars pulling up to the speaker box, to assist with order identification,” the spokesman said.

“These images are not stored and do not capture customer’s faces with any clarity.”

After reading this, will you be on the lookout on your next drive-thru order at Maccas? Tell us in the comments below.

This article is based on an article written by Hannah Paine for news.com.au.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Yolabel
Sponsored
I believe privacy laws require prior notification of video and audio monitoring. I do not recall seeing any such signage at McDonald's drive thru locations. Seems the activities mentioned in this article is illegal in Australia without signs erected.

I never go through the drive through but always go in store. Be complimentary to the staff member and he/she will change the order to suit my needs.

Spilled Secrets of McDonald’s Drive-Thru Confirmed by Kiwi Maccas Employee

A Kiwi McDonald’s or ‘Maccas’ employee confirmed claims made earlier by a UK-based Maccas employee about how drive-thru workers can hear conversations inside a customer’s car.

In a TikTok clip, user @charlton.a, who works in a New Zealand Maccas, revealed that drive-thru workers could actually hear “everything” inside a drive-thru customer’s car. He also revealed that photos of the drive-thru customers in the queue were taken.

The Macca employee captioned the clip with: “We can hear everything you’re saying even when our mics are off.”

“Our cameras take mugshot photos of you so we know which order is yours.”

In the TikTok clip, which has been viewed more than 274,000 times, the Maccas employee revealed another “secret” that the fast food giant keeps — customers can actually purchase a “recipe book”.

View attachment 315
New Zealand-based Macca employee confirmed earlier claims that staff can hear and see drive-thru customers. Credit: Tiktok/@charlton.a

The clip garnered thousands of reactions and comments from the TikTok community; some of these comments are from users who claimed to be Maccas employees themselves, backing up the revelation.

“Literally we can hear everything they say and I’ve seen so many people picking their noses,” one user said.

Another one wrote: “I crack up when I can hear them”.

In response to the claims, a number of users jokingly asked why the drive-thru staff “still couldn’t get the order right” and why they ask the customers to repeat their orders.

One user jokingly wrote: “You wouldn’t want to hear my conversations”.

Earlier this month, UK-based Maccas employee and TikTok user @secretfitzz had every Macca’s fan losing their minds over the revelation that workers could hear everything being said by customers inside their cars, as well as the fact that "mugshots" of each customer were taken.

The Maccas employee said in her TikTok clip: “The fact people don’t know we can hear your convos even when we aren’t speaking to you taking your order.”

“And we have a camera at the speaker that takes a picture of you so we know whose order is whose.”

“Seeing the mugshots of random people makes my day.”

View attachment 316
UK Macca’s employee @secretfitzz first revealed the fast food giant’s secret in an earlier clip. Credit: TikTok/@secretfitzz
A McDonald’s spokesman had previously confirmed with news.com.au that the fast-food chain in Australia uses CCTV within drive-through.

“We capture images of cars pulling up to the speaker box, to assist with order identification,” the spokesman said.

“These images are not stored and do not capture customer’s faces with any clarity.”

After reading this, will you be on the lookout on your next drive-thru order at Maccas? Tell us in the comments below.

This article is based on an article written by Hannah Paine for news.com.au.
Will try to remember to smile more for the camera next time!!! :)

• Haha
Reactions: Jonathan Leane