SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
Songs to listen to on a rainy day

Hi lovely members! How are you all? I hope you're all staying dry and warm these days. I don't know about you, but I love listening to music when it rains. It's such a cosy and calming feeling. I sometimes stare out the window and get lost in my thoughts or imagine that I'm in a music video. 😂 I usually listen to Coldplay, Bon Iver, Oasis, The Fray, and Tracy Chapman when it rains. But I'm always looking for new music to listen to, so I thought it would be fun if we all posted our recommendations in this thread. What do you guys think?

What are some of your favourite songs to listen to when it’s raining? Please, share your recommendations with me, and let’s enjoy the rain a little bit more. :)

Feel free to post Youtube videos of your favourite rain songs or maybe a video of you singing with a guitar or ukulele (I won’t judge, I promise). ;) I'll be looking forward to your recommendations!

Here’s one recommendation from me. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Hi lovely members! How are you all? I hope you're all staying dry and warm these days. I don't know about you, but I love listening to music when it rains. It's such a cosy and calming feeling. I sometimes stare out the window and get lost in my thoughts or imagine that I'm in a music video. 😂 I usually listen to Coldplay, Bon Iver, Oasis, The Fray, and Tracy Chapman when it rains. But I'm always looking for new music to listen to, so I thought it would be fun if we all posted our recommendations in this thread. What do you guys think?

What are some of your favourite songs to listen to when it’s raining? Please, share your recommendations with me, and let’s enjoy the rain a little bit more. :)

Feel free to post Youtube videos of your favourite rain songs or maybe a video of you singing with a guitar or ukulele (I won’t judge, I promise). ;) I'll be looking forward to your recommendations!

I like to listen to “I Love A Rainy Night” by Eddie Rabbit.

I've always enjoyed John Farnham songs. Since his recent cancer, I've taken a bigger interest, particularly in his videos. I now love going to Youtube and watching his early performances. He really is a great singer and showman. He puts everything into his live performances. I download my favorites and often spend an hour or two just watching his talent.
Here's just one example of that talent and showmanship. Enjoy.

• Love
Reactions: Vella Gonzaga
Being in my 80's I still love listening to Ella Fitzgerald, Frank Sinatra and Glenn Miller. Frankie Laine sand 'Rain, Rain, Rain', way back in the 1950's which is great when it is raining. Check it out on you-tube.

• Love
I just play music constantly 🤣 All kinds of music, in all weather & at all times of the day or night ......

As Shakespeare said 'If music be the food of love play on ...... '

• Love
Hey everyone, thank you so much for all the amazing song recommendations! I’ve been loving all the new tunes I’ve been discovering. I'm listening now to 'I Love A Rainy Night' by Eddie Rabbit and it's awesome!

Thank you @BJM for the recommendation! But all the recommendations are in my queue 😊

Keep ‘em coming guys! 😏

If there are any night owls here, there's a show comes on at 11pm (unfortunately midnight from next Sunday due UK time) called Around Sounds. You can access it at www.aroundsounds.co.uk but this time slot plays all 60's music. Tues to Thurs you can make a request in the chatroom. Fri and Mon DJ's choice. Sun is the top 20 1960's countdown for a particular year. I've made many friends around the world on here. Like I say, if you're a nightowl. 👍👍😁😁

• Love

Bill Wyman: Ain't no Sunshine & Lean on Me - Jimmy Barnes: Flame Trees
Also any music from Tuba Skinny