Vinylted

Aug 24, 2021
SOLT APPLIANCES

Has any member had any experience good, bad or indifferent with SOLT appliances? I'm contemplating the purchase of a front load washer,
top brands are very expensive and last a long time, but I'm 89 and longevity is no longer an issue but value is.
Alternatively another low priced brand you may be able to recommend? Many thanks..

Reactions: Christine H.
As a windup I purchased the Solt from The Good Guys, and am very pleased with it so far, early days but it washes well, is quieter than the bosch I had so all good.

Reactions: Penny4
Sounds a good purchase. My Bosch front load washer died, and I didn't replace it with another one either.
Never saw a Solt brand before, but I bought a Fisher & Paykel front load washer from Domayne. It's far superior to my previous Bosch and much cheaper as well.

Reactions: Vinylted
Purchased a Solt dishwasher. Would not recommend as it leaves the dishes wet and smelly.
Leave the door ajar when the load is finished to air dry the machine. If you are using the eco cycle, the water temperature usually isn't hot enough. I don't have a Solt, but I never use eco cycle because I like hot water to clean the dishes. These days dishwashers don't cost much to run, so I wouldn't be concerned about the cost of the element heating the water.

Purchased a Solt dishwasher. Would not recommend as it leaves the dishes wet and smelly.
They don't have a separate drying element built in.. they (like most) depend on residual heat to dry the dishes. Us a hot cycle and revise what detergent you are using. Also a quality rinse aid assists drying.

Hi there Kogan.com.au has it own brand washing machines at a very low price with free shipping this month you can check out front and top loader machines online

In
Sounds a good purchase. My Bosch front load washer died, and I didn't replace it with another one either.
Never saw a Solt brand before, but I bought a Fisher & Paykel front load washer from Domayne. It's far superior to my previous Bosch and much cheaper as well.
I bought the Bosch front loader and Dryer combo
I'm perfectly happy with the washing machine,b but I wouldn't recommend the dryer which is a heat pump 8*
model, and was quite expensive.
I have read the very complicated user manual over and over and still can't get the stupid thing to operate properly.
Sometimes it works OK,other days it keeps stopping after a few minutes, I reset it again, over and over and it still won't work properly
Drives me nuts, sorry I bought it.
Does anyone else have this dryer and do they have this problem?

In

I bought the Bosch front loader and Dryer combo
I'm perfectly happy with the washing machine,b but I wouldn't recommend the dryer which is a heat pump 8*
model, and was quite expensive.
I have read the very complicated user manual over and over and still can't get the stupid thing to operate properly.
Sometimes it works OK,other days it keeps stopping after a few minutes, I reset it again, over and over and it still won't work properly
Drives me nuts, sorry I bought it.
Does anyone else have this dryer and do they have this problem?
I don't own/use a clothes dryer sorry. My Bosch front loader was 10yrs old and I thought it was good, until I replaced it with a Fisher and Paykel front loader, but I feel it's superior.

I had an expensive front loading washing machine which could not be repaired, it was cheaper to buy a new one and changed to a Fisher & Paykel 8kg Front Load Washing machine and haven't regretted it , it gets used everyday and sometimes twice a day. If you're going to pay about $600 for a Solt (which I was originally looking at getting), you maybe better spending the extra $100 and getting a Fisher & Paykel if you are after value for money.

My 94 yr old friend bought a SOLT washing machine last year & is extremely happy with it. She also wasn’t concerned about it lasting forever. She purchased a top loader because that is what she is used to. I have a Bosch front loader & absolutely love it but the handbook is challenging. I had a variety of Fischer & Paykel top loaders which were hard on one’s clothes. I also have a Bosch dishwasher which is getting rather old but it’s the best I’ve ever had. Appliances are getting so expensive.

I had an expensive front loading washing machine which could not be repaired, it was cheaper to buy a new one and changed to a Fisher & Paykel 8kg Front Load Washing machine and haven't regretted it , it gets used everyday and sometimes twice a day. If you're going to pay about $600 for a Solt (which I was originally looking at getting), you maybe better spending the extra $100 and getting a Fisher & Paykel if you are after value for money.
Yes, that's the one I have too ie. 8kg Fisher and Paykel front loader.

My 94 yr old friend bought a SOLT washing machine last year & is extremely happy with it. She also wasn’t concerned about it lasting forever. She purchased a top loader because that is what she is used to. I have a Bosch front loader & absolutely love it but the handbook is challenging. I had a variety of Fischer & Paykel top loaders which were hard on one’s clothes. I also have a Bosch dishwasher which is getting rather old but it’s the best I’ve ever had. Appliances are getting so expensive.
I have a Bosch dishwasher and the best I've ever had too. Not sure what I would replace it with when the time comes. My son has an LG dishwasher and is pleased with it.

Agree with you re Bosch manuals, you need a university degree to be able to understand them
Too many bells and whistles with their dryer

Hi Christine l have been looking for a Solt front loader washing machine for you and if you have ''The Good Guys'' near you they have a front loaders with good reviews and l looked at 15 of them.All the machines have a 2 year warranty and prices range from
6kg $398 but had two not so good reviews out of 15
7kg $444 all good reviews out of 15
8kg $544 same as above
Hope this helps you and you have a 'Good Guys' near you.Harvey Norman does not sell them
Good luck with finding one

why on earth ask here. you get other peoples confusing messages. can people not make up their own minds any more? you research through the internet.

why on earth ask here. you get other peoples confusing messages. can people not make up their own minds any more? you research through the internet.
Isn't that what he's doing, asking other's opinions on the internet.
Googling can produce plenty of fake recommendations
IMO it's good to ask our friends on SDC for their opinions, nobody needs to answer if they don't want to.

Isn't that what he's doing, asking other's opinions on the internet.
Googling can produce plenty of fake recommendations
IMO it's good to ask our friends on SDC for their opinions, nobody needs to answer if they don't want to.
it is now a society of zombies. Internet my backside. this is a social site.