Shoppers thrilled as Aldi restocks ‘the ultimate baked potato’

Customers were delighted as the German retailer finally restocked what foodies previously dubbed as ‘the ultimate baked potato’.

Aldi's 'Selected' brand, goose fat crispy roasting potatoes were a crowd favourite among shoppers last year, and they are ecstatic that the frozen snacks are now back on the shelves.

And the best thing is that each bag only costs $3.99 (Oh Aldi, how we love you).

s3yft-Te00550ABY1ob8AF0nCoohIlXo7h6MIeFbjJLkAQCzW6_zMvExBeFiS7LN-WPXlvwaeEnumREk9IVO8juwWePoIXpwSP7c95rPfyZ0cmNCKnsaQ_j-29K15p2mpEmwWfoT

A bag of these roasting potatoes serves about five to six people. Photo from Facebook.

Sharp-eyed buyers found the 1kg bags back among the frozen vegetables and quickly shared the good news.

“In-store now!” One woman posted a photo of the freezer filled with the goodies.

What followed was a frenzy of customers raving about the product.

“Yes, life made. Definitely going to Aldi today. Goodbye diet and hello goodness,” wrote one woman.

Another even joked, “Tell me if this is weird, but I am more excited by the potatoes than the special buys.”

“I am 20 weeks pregnant and have gone off so much food, but this post made me drool. I think I will have to make a pit-spot on the way home,” another woman shared.

UVx3V6rRMinBkI017glFYwk3vQz-MT6qfMAPlUqWa9rycnEDbGE8HAqpmrPIHRQBptl8PHHS1I1mixkvXP2AscWuzGQQI5FA4DXSEImlmCkUxgvQlQuFj_Jy04T592_QjMh94DkU

The potatoes are released every year in the months leading up to Christmas and have been described as 'perfect in every way' in previous years. Photo from BBC.
Each bag of Specially Selected Goose Fat Roasting Potatoes contains ten servings of pre-fried potatoes that have been seasoned and glazed in goose fat.

Once cooked, the potatoes are buttery and extra crispy. Perfect on their own or with a side of homemade gravy.

We still have a few weeks before Christmas and these potatoes are the perfect staple for the holiday dinner table, so don’t miss out and head to your local Aldi now!

Reactions: Phyll
Sponsored