Shopper's shocking discovery: Disgusting find in delivery sparks outrage and disbelief

Online shopping has revolutionised the way we buy everything from fashion to furniture, offering convenience and variety at the click of a button.

However, as one customer's experience shows, sometimes what arrives on your doorstep can be far from what you expected—and not in a good way.

A Shein shopper was left utterly disgusted and vowing to never order from the company again after making a horrifying discovery in her package.

The customer, who shared her experience on social media, was shocked to find not the latest fashion items but a trio of wriggling worms inside her delivery.

compressed-shutterstock_2352766963.jpeg
A shopper was horrified to find wriggling worms in her Shein delivery. Credit: Shutterstock

The video, which quickly made the rounds, showed several Shein bags scattered across the floor, with the camera then zooming in on a paper plate that disturbingly displays the live critters.

The shopper's reaction was visceral and immediate: ‘I could throw up right now,’ she expressed, capturing the sentiment of many viewers.

The incident sparked a wave of disbelief and concern among the online community.

One commenter questioned, ‘Is this real?’ to which the shopper, identified as Coad, assured, ‘Swear it's real I can't make it up.’

She recounted the traumatic moment, saying she ‘screamed so loud’ upon the discovery.

‘I truly wanted to throw up. I can't make it up! I dumped the packages out and they fell out onto my feet and the ground,’ she shared.

Coad stated that he contacted Shein following the discovery but alleged that the company did not respond.

‘They unfortunately told me in emails it's not their fault and they aren't liable,’ she said.

The social media creator also mentioned that the company refused to issue a refund for her order.

‘It makes me so mad they won't give me any compensation,’ Coad expressed.

‘And clearly, they would be smart enough to do it regarding how popular my TikTok has gotten.’

The company stated that it was ‘in touch with the customer’ and has since provided Coad with a full refund.

‘When we received the customer's inquiry, we launched an immediate investigation,’ a Shein spokesperson stated.

‘This indicated that when the package completed our quality control process and left our facility, it contained only the SHEIN items ordered.’

One commenter on Coad's post mentioned having a similar experience with a Shein order.

‘Mine literally came with a bug once, and it was such a difficult process to get my money back,’ the user reported.

Others expressed concerns about opening their own Shein packages.

‘Great, just placed an order before I saw this will be opening outside UGH,’ another said.

‘This is why I open mine in the guest bathroom,’ a third wrote. ‘I can run out, lock the door and never go in there again.’

While the unsettling experiences shared by shoppers continue to raise eyebrows, they are not isolated incidents.

Another shocking discovery made by a child inside a parcel from Australia Post highlights the ongoing concerns about package safety and the need for vigilance when receiving deliveries.

As these incidents unfold, they underscore the importance of being cautious and aware of what arrives at our doorsteps.
Key Takeaways
  • A shopper was horrified to discover wriggling worms among her Shein delivery items.
  • The customer shared a video on social media and interacted with commenters, expressing her disgust and resolve to never order from Shein again.
  • Shein responded to the incident by launching an immediate investigation, initially stating that their quality control processes were followed, but later offered the customer a full refund.
  • Other users shared their concerns and experiences with the company, highlighting the impact the incident had on their view of Shein and their approach to opening packages.
Have you or someone you know experienced a similar situation with unexpected items in your deliveries? How did you handle it? We’d love to hear your experiences in the comments below.

Sponsored
The following is NOT an advert for Shein.
It must be read to the tune of Shine on Harvest Moon

Shein on, Shein on, Harvest Worms, beneath the night sky,
While I scroll through Shein, with outfits to try.
Dresses bright and bold, oh what a delight,
As the moonlight dances, everything feels right.

Wiggle in the soil, busy little friends,
While I find new styles, where the fashion blends.
Shein has the looks that make my heart sway,
Underneath the moonlight, let’s shop and play.

So Shein on, Harvest Worms, in the soft glow,
With Shein’s lovely finds, let the good vibes flow.
Fashion and nature, together they bloom,
In this harvest season, let’s light up the room.(With new fashion Glow Worms)

The following is NOT an advert for Shein.
It must be read to the tune of Shine on Harvest Moon

Shein on, Shein on, Harvest Worms, beneath the night sky,
While I scroll through Shein, with outfits to try.
Dresses bright and bold, oh what a delight,
As the moonlight dances, everything feels right.

Wiggle in the soil, busy little friends,
While I find new styles, where the fashion blends.
Shein has the looks that make my heart sway,
Underneath the moonlight, let’s shop and play.

So Shein on, Harvest Worms, in the soft glow,
With Shein’s lovely finds, let the good vibes flow.
Fashion and nature, together they bloom,
In this harvest season, let’s light up the room.(With new fashion Glow Worms)
🤣🤣🤣

I don't believe this woman for one minute
WORMS?? Worms live in soil, what would they be doing in clothes, how would they get there?? Took a midnight stroll from someone's garden into Sheins Warehouse maybe.
If she was going to make up a bullshit story to get a refund at least she should have said perhaps silverfish, moths or something more believable.
What a load of hogwash.
I once knew a woman who made
a habit of doing things like this, deliberately damaging goods etc She would get refunds, free product, etc
Thought she was ever so clever.

I don't believe this and anyway if it is true, they said they opened the package and everything was in closed bags and the worms fell out so they weren't near the items so what's to be pissed off about??? Just pick the worms up and take them out n put them in ur garden, not difficult is it.......simple!!!! And as someone said worms need dirt to survive in, so where in the package was the dirt for the worms to survive in lol

Last edited:
On 19/9/24 TEMU said they delivered a parcel to my door. There was nothing. I went to Post Office they showed me a picture of delivered item. I expect the delivery man has stolen the parcel. I contacted TEMU no response.

• Wow
Reactions: Iggydi
On 19/9/24 TEMU said they delivered a parcel to my door. There was nothing. I went to Post Office they showed me a picture of delivered item. I expect the delivery man has stolen the parcel. I contacted TEMU no response.
Temu would have been advised that the parcel was delivered,
hence the reason for no response. Once Aust Post advise them of delivery their responsibility ceases.
I would suggest that the driver either delivered it to the wrong house ( was the picture they showed you actually your house?). Otherwise I would say your parcel has been stolen.

Never ever use FAST HORSE courier which both SHEIN and TEMU use…… they just throw it ,never lands at your front door where asked to be left and then STOLEN by whoever is walking by and companies and courier take NIL responsibility!!!
BEWARE!!! BUYER BEWARE!!

• Wow
I don't believe this woman for one minute
WORMS?? Worms live in soil, what would they be doing in clothes, how would they get there?? Took a midnight stroll from someone's garden into Sheins Warehouse maybe.
If she was going to make up a bullshit story to get a refund at least she should have said perhaps silverfish, moths or something more believable.
What a load of hogwash.
I once knew a woman who made
a habit of doing things like this, deliberately damaging goods etc She would get refunds, free product, etc
Thought she was ever so clever.
I thought the same. Products ordered from Shein come from China and in double plastic bags.

Never ever use FAST HORSE courier which both SHEIN and TEMU use…… they just throw it ,never lands at your front door where asked to be left and then STOLEN by whoever is walking by and companies and courier take NIL responsibility!!!
BEWARE!!! BUYER BEWARE!!
I've had that where Fast Horse delivery drivers just throw it over the fence although recently they bring it to my door.

Not sure if it was because I complained or my husband was in our front yard and he walked out that they just broke what was in the bag. He had a very very long one sided conversation with them 😉

Reactions: Iggydi and DLHM
Why do you persist in promoting this crap.
Seems to me that you promote SCAREMONGERING (all the deadly viruses that are meant to kill us) and absolute bullshit like this report.

• Wow
And as someone said worms need dirt to survive in, so where in the package was the dirt for the worms to survive in lol
From the previous purchaser. The goods were possibly second hand, having been purchased then returned.

If this is authentic (which probably it is not), it goes to show the perils of online shopping.

Reactions: Iggydi and DLHM
It was delivered, therefore it's not Temu's responsibility if you don't have a safe place for delivery. You could always arrange to pick up your parcels from your PO.

• Wow