Shoppers left scratching their heads after seeing this 'strange' item at the supermarket - Will you give this a try?

It goes without saying that Australia loves its snacks, so it's no wonder that supermarkets are constantly running promotions and specials to entice consumers with all kinds of new taste and flavour combinations.

But every now and then, these retailers push the boundaries a little bit further and give us items that seem… well, a little bizarre at first glance.

Take, for example, this new Primo snack that features ham, salami, and cheese sticks...with a packet of sweet biscuits?

Yes, folks, that’s right - for some reason, the makers of the snack have decided to switch out the usual crackers and pretzels with a sweet biscuit.

The Primo snack packs sparked a conversation on social media after shoppers spotted them on the supermarket shelves, with many wondering why the sweet biscuit was in the mix and whether it was meant to be eaten together with the deli item or separately.

Sharing a photo of the item on Reddit, one shopper wrote: ‘Please tell me these aren’t meant to be eaten altogether.'

401fa0fe03df5a9347cb0a9f84040f0b

The snack has left many shoppers questioning whether the product is worth trying given its ‘odd’ combination. Credit: Reddit.

Others expressed their confusion over the 'odd' pairing, with one person writing: 'I saw one of those and had to go back down the aisle to make sure I was seeing this correctly.'

'Some of my friends said the biscuit is for dessert, but I really feel like it’s suggesting that they all go together,' another shared.

A third chimed in: 'The Primo scientists were so preoccupied with whether they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should.'

Thankfully though, another commenter shed some light on why they were created.

One woman wrote: 'My husband works in the Hans-Primo Factory. I can confirm it is a marketing gimmick to entice children to want the pack and therefore the meat products, and not intended to be eaten together.’

This claim is not surprising, considering that, these days, manufacturers use all sorts of bizarre advertising tactics to market their products to consumers.

These strategies range from product placement and packaging design to advertising campaigns. By creating visually appealing products and packaging them in smaller snack-size portions, companies can convince people to buy their products as a convenient snack or treat.

Companies are also increasingly targeting children with their marketing campaigns, as research has shown that children and adolescents are more likely to be influenced by food advertising.

And it seems to be effective as the bizarre snack has taken the Australian market by storm, with some shoppers already giving the combination a try for themselves.

One person admitted: 'I was suspicious it wouldn't be good but I had to try it.'

'The biscuit was a nice change – and with plenty of cheese and ham, didn't leave much wanting.'

One shopper wasn’t happy about the cost, however, pointing out: ‘It really is taking the p*** all that packaging for 43g worth of product, totalling for $4.25.’

Some customers also expressed their dissatisfaction with the product, with one shopper going as far as to give the snack a rating of '1 out of 10' after doing a taste test of it.

Sharing a video on TikTok, user Russ Eats said: ‘This has to be a p*** take. This was four bucks, I’ve got to try it, it can’t be good.'

He explained that there was just one biscuit in the pack, and lots of ham and cheese.

‘The ratios are all off. How is this going to fit on that… I’ve loaded it but look how much is left – they didn’t do the maths on this,’ he criticised.

One user commented that the product was meant to be eaten separately and he wasn’t convinced.

‘The picture shows them about to be stacked ON the biscuit,’ he replied.

Key Takeaways
  • A shopper shared an image of a Primo snack featuring cheese cubes, ham or salami sticks and a biscuit with hundreds and thousands.
  • Commenters on Reddit were puzzled as to why the snack included a sugary biscuit.
  • A shopper revealed that the snack packs were intended to entice children and not to be eaten together.
  • A TikTok user gave the snack a poor rating, noting that there were uneven ratios of ingredients.

No matter your stance on the combination, one thing's for sure – it definitely gets people talking!

Members, while it might seem tempting to take a leap and try something out of the ordinary, we recommend taking into consideration the cost-effectiveness of the item alongside the quality of its content. That way, you'll ensure you're getting the absolute best value for money.

What do you think of this bizarre snack? Better yet, have you ever seen a strange combo like this at the supermarket before? What did you make of it? Tell us all about it in the comments below!

Sponsored
Hundred and Thousand biscuits aren't the nicest at the best of time. I wonder if the ham and twiggy sticks are made from Australian products? I would rather buy a pack of biscuits, twiggy sticks, ham and cheese separately and make many snacks. It would work out a lot cheaper in the long run

It goes without saying that Australia loves its snacks, so it's no wonder that supermarkets are constantly running promotions and specials to entice consumers with all kinds of new taste and flavour combinations.

But every now and then, these retailers push the boundaries a little bit further and give us items that seem… well, a little bizarre at first glance.

Take, for example, this new Primo snack that features ham, salami, and cheese sticks...with a packet of sweet biscuits?

Yes, folks, that’s right - for some reason, the makers of the snack have decided to switch out the usual crackers and pretzels with a sweet biscuit.

The Primo snack packs sparked a conversation on social media after shoppers spotted them on the supermarket shelves, with many wondering why the sweet biscuit was in the mix and whether it was meant to be eaten together with the deli item or separately.

Sharing a photo of the item on Reddit, one shopper wrote: ‘Please tell me these aren’t meant to be eaten altogether.'

The snack has left many shoppers questioning whether the product is worth trying given its ‘odd’ combination. Credit: Reddit.

Others expressed their confusion over the 'odd' pairing, with one person writing: 'I saw one of those and had to go back down the aisle to make sure I was seeing this correctly.'

'Some of my friends said the biscuit is for dessert, but I really feel like it’s suggesting that they all go together,' another shared.

A third chimed in: 'The Primo scientists were so preoccupied with whether they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should.'

One woman wrote: 'My husband works in the Hans-Primo Factory. I can confirm it is a marketing gimmick to entice children to want the pack and therefore the meat products, and not intended to be eaten together.’

This claim is not surprising, considering that, these days, manufacturers use all sorts of bizarre advertising tactics to market their products to consumers.

These strategies range from product placement and packaging design to advertising campaigns. By creating visually appealing products and packaging them in smaller snack-size portions, companies can convince people to buy their products as a convenient snack or treat.

Companies are also increasingly targeting children with their marketing campaigns, as research has shown that children and adolescents are more likely to be influenced by food advertising.

And it seems to be effective as the bizarre snack has taken the Australian market by storm, with some shoppers already giving the combination a try for themselves.

One person admitted: 'I was suspicious it wouldn't be good but I had to try it.'

'The biscuit was a nice change – and with plenty of cheese and ham, didn't leave much wanting.'

One shopper wasn’t happy about the cost, however, pointing out: ‘It really is taking the p*** all that packaging for 43g worth of product, totalling for $4.25.’

Some customers also expressed their dissatisfaction with the product, with one shopper going as far as to give the snack a rating of '1 out of 10' after doing a taste test of it.

Sharing a video on TikTok, user Russ Eats said: ‘This has to be a p*** take. This was four bucks, I’ve got to try it, it can’t be good.'

He explained that there was just one biscuit in the pack, and lots of ham and cheese.

‘The ratios are all off. How is this going to fit on that… I’ve loaded it but look how much is left – they didn’t do the maths on this,’ he criticised.

One user commented that the product was meant to be eaten separately and he wasn’t convinced.

Key Takeaways

• A shopper shared an image of a Primo snack featuring cheese cubes, ham or salami sticks and a biscuit with hundreds and thousands.
  • Commenters on Reddit were puzzled as to why the snack included a sugary biscuit.
  • A shopper revealed that the snack packs were intended to entice children and not to be eaten together.
  • A TikTok user gave the snack a poor rating, noting that there were uneven ratios of ingredients.

No matter your stance on the combination, one thing's for sure – it definitely gets people talking!

Members, while it might seem tempting to take a leap and try something out of the ordinary, we recommend taking into consideration the cost-effectiveness of the item alongside the quality of its content. That way, you'll ensure you're getting the absolute best value for money.

What do you think of this bizarre snack? Better yet, have you ever seen a strange combo like this at the supermarket before? What did you make of it? Tell us all about it in the comments below!

Come on Folk it's Lunch and Dessert.. lol! On a serious note I think they are to expensive con

Key Takeaways

Come on folks it's lunch and Dessert all in one.. lol!

Key Takeaways

What do you think of this bizarre snack? Better yet, have you ever seen a strange combo like this at the supermarket before? What did you make of it? Tell us all about it in the comments

Key Takeaways

I must say I am reminded of my younger days in the UK where we used to have cheese with fruit cake in particular. My father also had cheese with apple pie. I have had cheese with digestive biscuits or granite, all of which was delicious. Although I have never had meat with anything sweet, maybe it might not be as mad as people think.

I must say I am reminded of my younger days in the UK where we used to have cheese with fruit cake in particular. My father also had cheese with apple pie. I have had cheese with digestive biscuits or granite, all of which was delicious. Although I have never had meat with anything sweet, maybe it might not be as mad as people think.
As kids we used to have cheese and apple sandwiches! :)