Shoppers can't stop raving about this ALDI steak ($12 each): ‘The marbling is unreal’

Aussies love a good barbecue, so finding the perfect steak is like striking gold.

Gone are the days when a succulent, tender steak was a luxury reserved for special occasions or the deep pockets of a visit to the local butcher.

That’s why ALDI has brought the occasional steak dinner back to the Aussie table without breaking the bank, and the word has spread fast.

The Sydney man who brought this revelation to light is just one of many pleasantly surprised by the quality of ALDI's Jindurra Station Scotch fillet steak (12$ each; 42.99 per kilo).

‘ALDI steaks are so good. Even butchers are surprised by the quality of these,’ he said in a post on social media.

Untitled design_20240426_080456_0000.png
Aussie shopper showcased ALDI’s Jindurra Station Scotch Fillet Steak in a recipe that social media users were quick to praise. Image Source: Facebook

In that same post, he described the mouth-watering meal he whipped up with the steak.

The home chef grilled the steak with garlic butter, diced it, and adorned it with a drizzle of Caesar salad dressing and fresh basil.

He also served ‘Turkish bread toasted with cheese, butter, fresh-grown onions, capsicum and basil from my garden’.

Those who saw the post were quick to praise his culinary skills.

‘That sounds and looks delish!’ one user commented.

Another said, ‘Had these for the second time now on Friday. Hubby cooks them on the barbecue nice and rare. So yummy.’

Surprisingly, amidst all the comments, it turned out that most of the praise wasn't just for the man's cooking skills; many were applauding the quality of ALDI steaks.

‘ALDI thin-cut Scotch fillets are one of the best steaks I've ever had. The marbling is unreal,’ said one user.

Another user agreed and said, ‘The steaks are good! Pick a good cut with decent marble.’

The accolades don't stop at social media praise. ALDI's commitment to quality and value has been officially recognised at Canstar's Supermarket Meat Awards in 2023.

In the best beef steaks category, they scored five stars for value for money, taste, freshness, and overall satisfaction.

Jindurra Station Beef has also emerged as a crowd favourite within ALDI's wide selection.

With more than 380,000 votes cast by shoppers for ALDI’s must-try products of 2023, Jindurra Station Beef Porterhouse Steak ($7 for 200g) was awarded the BBQ Boss Award for ALDI's 2023 People's Picks Awards.

Ready to elevate your steak game to new heights?

Check out this irresistible steak recipe from our member @Suzanne rose!
Key Takeaways
  • ALDI's Jindurra Station Scotch fillet steak (12$ each; 42.99 per kilo) and Jindurra Station Beef Porterhouse Steak ($7 for 200g) are gaining popularity due to their relative affordability and quality.
  • Shoppers are finding ALDI's beef steaks a competitive alternative to more expensive butcher offerings, especially amid cost of living increases.
  • Customers and home chefs are sharing positive reviews and meal ideas featuring ALDI steaks on social media platforms.
  • ALDI won the best beef steaks category at Canstar's Supermarket Meat Awards in 2023, earning five stars for value for money, taste, freshness, and overall satisfaction.
Have you tried ALDI's steaks? What are your tips for cooking the perfect steak at home? Share your experiences and recipes in the comments below!

Sponsored
Quality food from Aldi?? Questionable when it comes to fruit and vegetables... sub standard 2nd's.

Reactions: Colette 3799
I love Aldi steaks I usually include the aged steak to my 14 assorted meats I buy each fortnight along with a bulk pack of chicken thighs & spiced Mango Butterflied chook & assorted other meats, I also get my fruit & vegs plus whatever else I need for under $300. This is less than I would be paying for the meat direct from the farm I used to buy from that only provided 6 meals at the most.

Aldi doesn’t win my heart I’m afraid. I always end up disappointed with most things I’ve bought

I love Aldi steaks I usually include the aged steak to my 14 assorted meats I buy each fortnight along with a bulk pack of chicken thighs & spiced Mango Butterflied chook & assorted other meats, I also get my fruit & vegs plus whatever else I need for under $300. This is less than I would be paying for the meat direct from the farm I used to buy from that only provided 6 meals at the most.
We love ALDI meat, great options I often get the rolled roast chicken for our travel buddy when out camping, the butterflied chicken is also great. I did a small click & collect from COLES yesterday the date was best before on the chicken kebabs. This is the 2nd time in as many months I have had too, take a picture phone them. about dodgy meat. I wish Aldi did a online service.

Reactions: June E