Shoppers are obsessed with this simple two-ingredient ALDI dinner: ‘It’s a great idea'

When it comes to preparing a quick and easy dinner, simplicity is key.

That's why ALDI shoppers are going wild for a two-ingredient dinner recipe that's not only fuss-free but also budget-friendly.

This recipe, which has taken social media by storm, involves ALDI's Ready, Set…Cook! Boneless Butterflied RSPCA-Approved Chicken–Spiced Mango and Farmdale Thickened Cream.

The chicken, priced at $9.99 per kilo, and the cream, costing $2.79 for a 300ml tub, make this meal a cost-effective option for families.

photo (1).jpg
An ALDI shopper shared his two-ingredient recipe using only two ingredients. Credit: Facebook

The cooking process is straightforward and easy to follow.

'You sear the chicken off, then add cream and the remaining sauce and simmer it until it’s fully cooked through and then served with rice,' explained the ALDI shopper who shared the recipe.

While the chicken is typically cooked on the grill or in an air fryer, this innovative cook tried it on the stovetop, creating a creamy poached mango chicken dish that can be served with rice or mashed potatoes.

The ALDI fan explained the process in detail: 'I added the chicken into a medium hot pan skin side down just to colour the chicken a bit, then I added five garlic cloves around the chicken and a drop of butter.’

‘I constantly shook the pan so the chicken wouldn’t stick and burn because, after all, it’s a sweet marinade and will burn in no time. Then I added the cream and stirred it all around.'

After some cooking time, the lid is placed on the pan, and when the chicken is almost done, it's cut into pieces and returned to the sauce.

'So we’ve pretty much turned an ALDI chicken which most people air fry or roast or BBQ, into a sort of creamy poached chicken which is always juicy and tender despite ALDI's chicken already being tender,' he added.

Apart from the two main ingredients, you can add other items from your fridge, like garlic, mushrooms, spinach, or beans.

The recipe post quickly gained popularity, with dozens of people expressing interest in trying it out.

‘I’ve cooked that chicken in the air fryer before it also comes out good. The cream is a great idea,’ one person said.

‘It looks and sounds amazing. I love when people combine stuff to make a different-sounding meal,’ another added.

Some suggested trying it in a slow cooker, while others thought it would be ideal with coconut cream.

One ALDI fan shared her variation of the recipe using a slow cooker, which she said yielded exceptional results.

'It is sensational with coconut cream added. I do mine in the slow cooker. I serve it with basmati rice, and my son just inhales it,' she wrote in the post.

She explained that the chicken cooks perfectly in the slow cooker on low for around eight hours. In the last hour, she adds the coconut cream and serves it with rice.

'You'll know it's ready when it just falls apart and is super tender,' she shared.

This two-ingredient ALDI dinner recipe proves that delicious meals don't have to be complicated or expensive.

With a little creativity and a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a meal to impress your family and friends.

You can also try other recipes our members shared in our Cooking and Recipe forum!

If you also want something creamy and flavourful, try member @Suzanne rose 's Creamy Mushroom Chicken Slow Cooked!

It’s one of her son’s all-time favourite dishes, perfectly partnered with mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables. You can learn more about this recipe here.
Key Takeaways

• ALDI shoppers are thrilled by a simple two-ingredient dinner hack featuring spiced mango marinated chicken and cream.
  • The recipe is budget-friendly and allows for additional ingredients for personalisation.
  • The original method involves searing the chicken and simmering it in cream, but variations include using a slow cooker and coconut cream.
  • The post detailing the recipe received positive feedback and engagement on social media.
Have you tried this recipe? What recipes have you made using ALDI products? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
This recipe also works well using cheaper canned coconut cream. Also, coconut, curry pork, beef or chicken works well. Cheap and easy. It tastes great too.

Reactions: Ezzy and Marilynne
I will try it in the slow cooker, but the lady did not say how much coconut cream she adds. A 400gr tin????

• Wow
Reactions: Petra
In general terms this recipe including the ingredients is a reasonably healthy meal. The main issue is to check the ingredients of the chicken. If the chicken is relatively clean of preservatives, chemical and sugar then it will be OK. The other issue would be to eliminate the rice as it's a grain. Adding cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, Brussell sprouts, beans and/or mushrooms would be a great addition, as would a good quality coconut cream or a basic full fat pouring cream. I think from memory the mango flavoured one is the highest in carbs and sugar. The same brand has a number of other options which are a little lower.

hahahaha - two-ingredient dinner recipe - what are they talking about. There is WAY MORE the two ingredients in this meal.

Reactions: marni
Read again and look at the photo ...... she used fresh Farmdale cream, not coconut cream in a tin??????????
The original poster (withthe photo) used cream but further down the page someone else said they had made it in the slow cooker using coconut cream and THEY didn’t say how much they used